British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 1:45 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12092724)
Quoting that out of context.

It does not appear to be out of context, especially in relation to other statements he has made.

Grasping at non existent straws again jimenato. :cool:

jimenato Nov 1st 2016 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092728)
It does not appear to be out of context, especially in relation to other statements he has made.

Grasping at non existent straws again jimenato. :cool:

Well you keep quoting it so you must know the context in which he said it.

ETA ... but you obviously don't so you just go on quoting it. Oh well, I'll let you carry on. I don't suppose anyone is taking any notice of you any more anyway.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 1:55 pm

Now THAT'S a good Brexit deal! EU is paying Eurocrat £75,000 to do NOTHING | Daily Mail Online

Now THAT'S a good Brexit deal! EU is paying Eurocrat £75,000 to do NOTHING for more than two years
EU Parliament passes remarkable measure allowing staff to be paid £16,200 per month if they are replaced by more 'competent' workers
Chair of budget committee defends decision and says paying the unnamed official 'do nothing' will save money
Ukip forced a vote on the extraordinary waste of money but MEPs approved it"

Maybe instead of shooting the messenger, Remoaners could take the trouble to confirm or deny it ?
There again if they accept all the other dodgy dealing in Brussels, I guess they'll probably approve of it anyway .

EMR Nov 1st 2016 1:59 pm

Sorry to disillusion yiu Dick, brexit will not happen for at least another two years.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 1st 2016 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12092738)
Sorry to disillusion yiu Dick, brexit will not happen for at least another two years.

I thought you'd avoid the issue. :cool:

DaveLovesDee Nov 1st 2016 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12092641)
I was going to ask, but tablet packed up! What about the Portuguese Colony now Goa State, India? They prefer UK though, many in Swindon via Portugal and good old EU.:lol:

Not a nation state, and therefore unable to sign it's own international agreements, I believe?

So what about Goa?

EMR Nov 1st 2016 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092749)

Statement of fact, and you should know by now that if you post links from comics you will never be taken seriously.

la mancha Nov 1st 2016 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12092339)
Can't you lot read FFS???

The article said that Jewish people are leaving the UK for Germany because of Brexit. Numbers have gone up 20-fold since the Brexit vote. Jewish people are saying that they are leaving the UK for Germany because of Brexit.

And to the one who can't be bothered to look beyond the headline to find the figures, it's gone up from 10s to several hundred.

Be proud of yourselves - this is what you wanted - fewer foreigners.

Yes, I can read and I just don’t get this. NO British Jews are going to Germany. They are applying for German citizenship through ancestry, that is all. No one, so far, is fleeing Britain for Germany. No one is going anywhere. The usual number is twenty-five a year so this is nothing new. Twenty-five a year without a Brexit vote, by the way.

It is your post so read the bloody thing first.

I suppose it is the thing of the moment when everyone is going around applying for other nationalities. Calm down, everyone, Brexit hasn’t happened yet and when it does I still fail to see how it will affect me going to Spain, for example, to open a business.

And British Jews are not foreigners: they are British. See? Even you don't know what you are talking about.

Fredbargate Nov 1st 2016 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12092749)

Keep it up Dick :thumbsup:

Far better a post with a link than an unauthenticated one

EMR Nov 1st 2016 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12092913)
Keep it up Dick :thumbsup:

Far better a post with a link than an unauthenticated one

Try reading a decent newspaper or following adult media and then you might not be so far behind events..
By the way its Tuesday 1st Nov, do you need a link for that.

SultanOfSwing Nov 1st 2016 5:32 pm

What is the obsession with links here. Are people not capable of discussing any issue in their own words or something?

lutonlad Nov 1st 2016 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12092927)
What is the obsession with links here. Are people not capable of discussing any issue in their own words or something?

:goodpost: My thoughts exactly.

DaveLovesDee Nov 1st 2016 6:11 pm

Something supporting one's point of view is useful when trying to explain to some Leavers why they're wrong.

amideislas Nov 1st 2016 6:12 pm

Do you have a link to back that up?

SultanOfSwing Nov 1st 2016 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12092964)
Something supporting one's point of view is useful when trying to explain to some Leavers why they're wrong.

Once in a while, yeah I get it. Fred seems to want a link to back up someone's claim that they prefer salt and vinegar over cheese n onion crisps.

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12092965)
Do you have a link to back that up?

Yes. The third one from the pedal end on my bike.