British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Dick Dasterdly Oct 29th 2016 10:20 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12090717)
You obviously do not spend much time in the UK.
Your addiction to Express headlines is proof if needed.

My last two links have no connection to the Express are you in denial about those also ?

paulry Oct 29th 2016 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12090440)
Brexit from day one will not be the Brexit of five, ten years and more after.

I understood what you meant ;):thumbup:

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12090443)
Another meaningless soundbite!

The day we officially leave is Brexit Day. Anything after that is post-Brexit, which is when this thread's title will actually make sense.

paulry Oct 29th 2016 10:44 pm

Another of the project fear plotters looks set to bite the dust

Mark Carney has to go. Here’s why
Mark Carney could quit as Bank of England Governor within DAYS | Daily Mail Online

amideislas Oct 30th 2016 4:39 am

Hmm... I predicted that.
We'll see if it's true.
Hammond may be next.

paulry Oct 30th 2016 5:23 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12090843)
Hmm... I predicted that.
We'll see if it's true.
Hammond may be next.

Yep, FIFO.

amideislas Oct 30th 2016 5:36 am

Until now, Carney has been the only adult in the room. Doesn't tout the party line. (and he's a foreigner!) Doesn't fit in.

And Hammond.. Well, he's too close to it, and can see the details. He's completely incapable of deluding himself into believing that Brexit is going to be great. Also doesn't belong in this clique ...

We need people who will enthusiastically ignore reality. That's what we've done so far and hey, what's not to like?

TGA Oct 30th 2016 6:36 am

Countries that have expressed interest in a post-Brexit trade deal have a combined GDP of £16.8tn, according to researchers for Change Britain – a huge potential export market for Britain.

The EU has secured trade deals with many more countries but struggled to strike agreements with bigger nations, according to the research. The combined GDP of countries with trade deals with the EU is just £7.2tn.

Leave Means Leave says the country's financial sector can get an annual boost of up to £12bn after leaving the EU by designing regulation that is more appropriate to the UK.

They also claim the benefits of so-called passporting, which allows banks to trade freely across the EU, have been “overstated” and say it would be “extraordinary” if a deal was not struck.

Meanwhile the Legatum Institute, a think tank that has been analysing the impact of Brexit, says in its report that the City can “survive” without passporting.

It points to the “strengths” already existing in Britain’s financial services industry and says “independence from EU laws and regulation” will be beneficial.

“Independence from EU laws and regulation will then enable the UK make beneficial trade deals with partners around the world that will liberalise trade in services to the benefit of the wider economy,” the report says.
The good news just keeps on a coming..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

EMR Oct 30th 2016 6:58 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12090874)

Only a dumb dumb believes that the UK can strike new trade agreements equal ir better than the free access we currently have with the rest of the EU.
That will not only be better but replace it if tarrifs are applied.
Only a dumb dumb !

TGA Oct 30th 2016 7:47 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12090887)
Only a dumb dumb believes that the UK can strike new trade agreements equal ir better than the free access we currently have with the rest of the EU.
That will not only be better but replace it if tarrifs are applied.
Only a dumb dumb !

only a dumb dumb believes membership of the EU is FREE:rofl:
http://i.imgur.com/pZT27f3.gif

amideislas Oct 30th 2016 7:51 am

Like the NHS?

EMR Oct 30th 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12090730)
My last two links have no connection to the Express are you in denial about those also ?

I am not in denial about facts, unlike your goodself who has always had an aversion to them unless they appear in a distorted form in your favourite media sources.

GeniB Oct 30th 2016 8:06 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12090857)
Until now, Carney has been the only adult in the room. Doesn't tout the party line. (and he's a foreigner!) Doesn't fit in.

And Hammond.. Well, he's too close to it, and can see the details. He's completely incapable of deluding himself into believing that Brexit is going to be great. Also doesn't belong in this clique ...

We need people who will enthusiastically ignore reality. That's what we've done so far and hey, what's not to like?

:goodpost: I had been about to say the same. He is the only one who has stood up to the banks.The only one with any b***s Theref ore it's obvious.. He has to go:eek:

jimenato Oct 30th 2016 8:13 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12090857)

Well put.:nod:

Scamp Oct 30th 2016 8:26 am

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12090907)
:goodpost: I had been about to say the same. He is the only one who has stood up to the banks.The only one with any b***s Theref ore it's obvious.. He has to go:eek:

He's also the one without real commercial interests / pressures. His job and reward is bringing stable growth and success economically to the UK. International banks are of a different mindset.

But hey, let's lead a posse to drive him out....:blink:

paulry Oct 30th 2016 8:38 am

Originally Posted by TGA (Post 12090899)
only a dumb dumb believes membership of the EU is FREE:rofl:
http://i.imgur.com/pZT27f3.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl: