British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 25th 2016 12:39 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12061073)
I voted to end immigration? says who? lol Christ on a stick...

No we didn't

We cant go against Merkel? well being out of the 'EUROPEAN UNION' we sure as hell can.

Obviously you do not read or understand your own posts..

paulry Sep 25th 2016 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12061084)

Obviously you do not read or understand your own posts..

http://www.lake-link.com/images/foru...lrepellent.jpg

Red Eric Sep 25th 2016 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061057)
You voted for whatever May decides.

No we didn't

OH, YES YOU DID!

(Hoorah! - it's that time of year again! :santa:)

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 1:38 pm

No we didn't

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12061102)
OH, YES YOU DID!

One thing that Brexiteers have yet to come to terms with (or even accept exists) is the huge gulf between what they actually voted for and what they think they voted for.

It's going to be fun.

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 1:53 pm

There are no winners. Nobody will have any reason to believe they "won". They'll all be unhappy. You see it already. The tabloids are already starting to demonise May. Vex says he didn't vote for "what May decides" ( I presume he's not alone in that view, and ironically, mirrors many of the remainers' views).

Then, add in the economic consequences...

And that leads to the question of where Britain will end up politically.

DaveLovesDee Sep 25th 2016 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12061066)
As widely reported in the Sundays, May refused to support Camerons policy to limit EU migration.

In the Sunday Times she is reported as saying " we just cannot go against Merkel ".

It appears to be a statement from a book by Tim Shipman Conservative Home

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12061076)
It was most likely either made up, or a comment taken completely out of context, and re-written to sound that way.

Honeymoon over; Herewith shall the predictable tabloid war on the PM begin...

Yep. Whatever May does (or doesn't do) is going to piss at least one section of Brexiters or another.

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12061092)

Ooooh look. A pretty picture to distract people from the argument. :p

No we didn't

Of course you did. Brexit means Brexit, and Theresa May is the PM.

Didn't one of the Brexiters here say that May decides when A50 is triggered, and what Brexit is, and that Parliament doesn't have any say in either? I'm sure that May said she wasn't going to be telling Parliament anything until a deal is done.

If that isn't voting for whatever the PM decides, then what is it? It sounds suspiciously like a dictatorship to me.

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12061130)
It sounds suspiciously like a dictatorship to me.

The Scots increasingly feel that way.

Poll: Support for Scottish independence higher than 2014

Nicola Sturgeon 'could call second Scottish independence referendum in Autumn 2017'

Paul Mason calls for Scottish Labour members to back independence

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12061127)
There are no winners. Nobody will have any reason to believe they "won". They'll all be unhappy. You see it already. The tabloids are already starting to demonise May. Vex says he didn't vote for "what May decides" ( I presume he's not alone in that view, and ironically, mirrors many of the remainers' views).

Then, add in the economic consequences...

And that leads to the question of where Britain will end up politically.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Brexiteers reaction is going to be to the outcome of all this.

The outcome could be anything from a clean break with no EU agreements whatever, to virtually what we have now with freedom of movement, payments, EU rules and everything.

Whatever it is, Brexiteers voted for it.

DaveLovesDee Sep 25th 2016 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061142)
It's going to be interesting to see what the Brexiteers reaction is going to be to the outcome of all this.

The outcome could be anything from a clean break with no EU agreements whatever, to virtually what we have now with freedom of movement, payments, EU rules and everything.

As I said earlier, at least one section of Brexiters or another is going to be unhappy with the final deal.

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12061143)
As I said earlier, at least one section of Brexiters or another is going to be unhappy with the final deal.

Quite.

They'll probably join us remainers and start moaning;).

Or maybe they'll just make out they're happy with it - after all they voted for it - whatever it is.

paulry Sep 25th 2016 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061142)

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12061143)

Your posts merely reflect a sour grapes attitude :thumbdown:

jimenato Sep 25th 2016 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12061148)
Your posts merely reflect a sour grapes attitude :thumbdown:

I'm not quite sure you know what a 'sour grapes attitude' is nor when the term should be used, a bit like your 'straw man' gaff a few posts back .

Anyway rest assured that I don't have one. I'm just sitting back and waiting with amusement for the awful realisation to hit you - that, like us you a) have no control over what comes next and b) also like us - you are likely to end up very pissed off.

paulry Sep 25th 2016 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12061155)
I'm not quite sure you know what a 'sour grapes attitude' is nor when the term should be used, a bit like your 'straw man' gaff a few posts back .

Anyway rest assured that I don't have one. I'm just sitting back and waiting with amusement for the awful realisation to hit you - that, like us you a) have no control over what comes next and b) also like us - you are likely to end up very pissed off.

It should be easy for you to work out what is meant by both terms but its up to you if you don't want to. However, You have contradicted yourself in your own post so maybe you should look them up?

As regards the referendum result: You have to accept that in a democracy it is the majority view that should prevail. And even though you don't like what the majority decided - that is the democratically stated wish, and if that wish does not get delivered then you should be as pissed off as anyone else. ...Unless you don't believe in democracy? :unsure:

EMR Sep 25th 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12061161)
It should be easy for you to work out what is meant by both terms but its up to you if you don't want to. However, You have contradicted yourself in your own post so maybe you should look them up?

As regards the referendum result: You have to accept that in a democracy it is the majority view that should prevail. And even though you don't like what the majority decided - that is the democratically stated wish, and if that wish does not get delivered then you should be as pissed off as anyone else. ...Unless you don't believe in democracy? :unsure:

You still do not understand do you.
The decision on brexit will br taken by and implimented by May and her government not the electorate.
That is how the UK works.

amideislas Sep 25th 2016 3:28 pm

There you go. When all else fails...