Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Jul 17th 2018, 3:33 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
...and while we're at it the 'win' was gotten by unfair (in fact criminal it would seem - the police are involved) deception. I have no idea how people were taken in by it but they were. Are you happy with that style of democracy?
I'm not happy with the one sided-ness of it all. Remainers are crying foul over half a million of overspend. But what about the £9m of public money that was spent on the pro-EU leaflets delivered to every household in the UK? Not to mention the establishment throwing everything available to it (from Prime Ministers both past and present, Presidents, business leaders, etc) in their campaign against Leave. Are you happy about that?
Old Jul 17th 2018, 3:41 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I'm not happy with the one sided-ness of it all. Remainers are crying foul over half a million of overspend. But what about the £9m of public money that was spent on the pro-EU leaflets delivered to every household in the UK? Not to mention the establishment throwing everything available to it (from Prime Ministers both past and present, Presidents, business leaders, etc) in their campaign against Leave. Are you happy about that?
As far as I am aware no rules or laws were broken by the remain side but they were by the leave side. And they are continuing to lie about it as well Gisela Stuart is saying that they weren't questioned about any of the accusations but the (independent) electoral commission is saying they were but refused to cooperate.

Your so-called 'win' is illegal.

Of course I doubt anything significant will be done about - the voting public don't matter.

What about my other question...

So you wouldn't want any kind of deal with the EU at all - just a clean break?
...which is much more important.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 4:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
As far as I am aware no rules or laws were broken by the remain side but they were by the leave side. And they are continuing to lie about it as well Gisela Stuart is saying that they weren't questioned about any of the accusations but the (independent) electoral commission is saying they were but refused to cooperate.

Your so-called 'win' is illegal.

Of course I doubt anything significant will be done about - the voting public don't matter.

What about my other question...

...which is much more important.
I'd be okay with a standard trade deal provided full secession from the EU is achieved and Britain's independence is not compromised in any way. Something like the Canadian deal might be the kind of thing to go for. But failing that, the country can go over to WTO rules.

There have also been laws broken by Remain, but everyone is quiet about those:
https://www.ft.com/content/2f91721d-...f-4453897183c8

And of course the media bias against Brexit has been staggering. While no laws were broken, the consistent Remain skew is morally unacceptable:
News-Watch
Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias | News-Watch
Old Jul 17th 2018, 5:10 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be okay with a standard trade deal provided full secession from the EU is achieved and Britain's independence is not compromised in any way. Something like the Canadian deal might be the kind of thing to go for. But failing that, the country can go over to WTO rules.

And of course the media bias against Brexit has been staggering. While no laws were broken, the consistent Remain skew is morally unacceptable:
News-Watch
Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias News-Watch
Only someone Who does not live in the UK does not read he quakity UK press listen and watch UK news nd politics prices would post such a steamy pole ofvdoo doos,.
Just proves how much youcrap and social media can damage a person's mental abilities...
Old Jul 17th 2018, 5:16 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Where do you get this stuff from?
When we go to Sweden all travellers crossing the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo now have to show a passport.
This is a relatively new rule, before no checks..
Old Jul 17th 2018, 5:27 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

They voted to become a 100% self governing nation state again, like the overwhelming majority of other countries around the world.
When has the UK not been a self-governing nation? The UK elects it's own political representatives to Westminster every 5yrs (or less), and non-one except Parliament or the PM can change that.

What we're leaving, is a number of mutually-beneficial agreements setting common rules for all parties in a number of different areas. Agreements that the UK helped draft, and a UK government signed up to willingly.

So cut the bullshit.

News-Watch
Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias News-Watch
Were laws broken or not?
Old Jul 17th 2018, 7:46 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The mess that politicians have made of the decision to leave is quite breathtaking. I don't believe it's incompetence, its far simpler than that. It's because a Remainer was appointed to deliver Leave. Her heart was never in it, she surrounded herself by and trusted people who were Remainers resulting in her attempting to deliver a Remain kind of Leave. AKA a "soft Brexit". It's astonishing that she seems to think she can get away with it. And I bet the ramped up preparations to leave with no "deal" that she unveiled along with the white paper is another betrayal: Just words, no actions.
Ain't democracy a bitch? I guess you'll just have to stop crying in your porridge and suck it up, Buttercup.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 7:51 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Ain't democracy a bitch? I guess you'll just have to stop crying in your porridge and suck it up, Buttercup.
Government wins vote with threat of no confidence motion if defeated..
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:00 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Government wins vote with threat of no confidence motion if defeated..
Government wins vote because Labour Mp's voted with the Government ...
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:43 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Government wins vote because Labour Mp's voted with the Government ...
Not according to UK political reports.
Government majority of just 6.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:57 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Not according to UK political reports.
Government majority of just 6.
Next quotes from Guardian life blog of todays happenings :

The Tory Brexiter, Nadine Dorries, accused pro-EU MPs in her own party of playing a “dangerous game” that could have brought down the government today.
If Labour rebels hadn’t stepped in tonight, our own 12 remain rebels would have lost us that vote.
In that case, the third reading of the Trade Bill would have been “pulled”, with a confidence vote called tomorrow, she said.

Next quote from R. Corbett (MEP) on Twitter :

I’m disgusted at @KateHoeyMP @frankfieldteam, @JohnMannMP , Graham Stringer MP & Kelvin Hopkins MP - not just for voting today to save @TheresaMay but also for backing a hard #Brexit damaging our economy, destroying jobs & undermining rights.

Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:22 pm
EMR
Banned

Next quotes from Guardian life blog of todays happenings :

The Tory Brexiter, Nadine Dorries, accused pro-EU MPs in her own party of playing a “dangerous game” that could have brought down the government today.
If Labour rebels hadn’t stepped in tonight, our own 12 remain rebels would have lost us that vote.
In that case, the third reading of the Trade Bill would have been “pulled”, with a confidence vote called tomorrow, she said.

Next quote from R. Corbett (MEP) on Twitter :

I’m disgusted at @KateHoeyMP @frankfieldteam, @JohnMannMP , Graham Stringer MP & Kelvin Hopkins MP - not just for voting today to save @TheresaMay but also for backing a hard #Brexit damaging our economy, destroying jobs & undermining rights.

It is a BBC report that conservative rebels were threatened with a vote of no confidence if they defeated the motion..
Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:26 pm
Preparing to move again

It is a BBC report that conservative rebels were threatened with a vote of no confidence if they defeated the motion..
They were threatened (1 changed his mind) but what swayed the vote were the Labour rebels.

Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:52 pm
EMR
Banned

They were threatened (1 changed his mind) but what swayed the vote were the Labour rebels.

I am watching Newsnight, if you can find it I suggest you watch it too.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:33 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's a remarkable softening of your position. Still, your government seems to disagree, and wants much more than that. A "Canadian deal" has been offered, but the Brexit bunch scoffed at that. And there is the matter of the Irish border still unresolved.

It seems you might well actually get what you wish for though (no deal). But even then, I have little doubt you'll blame it all on Remoaners and/or the EU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.