British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 15th 2016 10:10 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12053582)
:thumbsup:

Judging by her response to the crap he's churned out lately I get the impression that Merkel would enjoy doing the honours and happily put the drunken baffoon out of his misery.

On the other hand having caused chaos and widespread consternation in her own country it's looking quite likely that she will be shot down first by her own electorate.

:cool:

What has your obsession with Merkel etc etc got to do with the UK and brexit.
Have you looked at the calender or is yours frozen on 23rd June.
Time to move on or start your own thread on Merkel, " satan in a skirt," discuss.?

Back to reality, Bank of England not ruling out a second cut in interest rates. Reuters.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 15th 2016 11:08 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I would dread to think that this now common Merkel related scenario could be repeated in the UK.

German neo-Nazis in vicious brawl with 20 migrants in town of Buatzen | Daily Mail Online


"About 100 far-right men and women attacked some 20 asylum seekers
The night of violence unfolded in the east German town of Buatzen
Police reportedly pelted with bottles by migrants they were protecting
Neo-Nazis are said to have chanted 'Bautzen for the Germans' during clash"


To cap it all the police are under orders to keep it under wraps as it is not politically expedient to mention it outside of their HQ.

What right minded person would be a Cop in Germany ? :(



Germany being the main influence in the EU, it may be interesting to see what line they pursue with regard to Brexit after next years elections. :cool:

DaveLovesDee Sep 15th 2016 11:38 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12053544)
Well today is Battle of Britain Day when we celebrate shooting Junkers down

If you consider yesterday as a success in shooting Junckers down, you're very easily pleased.

DaveLovesDee Sep 16th 2016 2:02 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12053544)
Well today is Battle of Britain Day when we celebrate shooting Junkers down

Of course, you meant no disrespect to those who fought in the actual Battle of Britain, did you?


Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12053625)
To cap it all the police are under orders to keep it under wraps as it is not politically expedient to mention it outside of their HQ.

You've said that previously about similar stories. Any proof?

DaveLovesDee Sep 16th 2016 2:04 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Brexit - Regret or Rejoice quiz - Daily Express

jimenato Sep 16th 2016 6:19 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12053456)

Hey, you used the ‘V’ word. Go on, Jimenato, your call: have a go!

I have no problem with people discussing the vote - it's mfesharne who does which is a bit odd because he does it himself at every possible opportunity.

Fredbargate Sep 16th 2016 6:52 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12053699)
Of course, you meant no disrespect to those who fought in the actual Battle of Britain, did you?



You've said that previously about similar stories. Any proof?

I have no respect for those with the ideal of Greater Germany then or now.

amideislas Sep 16th 2016 6:53 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Right from the pages of Dickyland media:

Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

A little more balanced:

Politicians fuelled rise in hate crimes after Brexit vote, says UN body

Lasting rise in hate crime after EU referendum, figures show

mfesharne Sep 16th 2016 6:58 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12053767)
I have no problem with people discussing the vote - it's mfesharne who does which is a bit odd because he does it himself at every possible opportunity.

It's not the vote I have a problem with but the people who think they have the right to complain/dispute it because they don't agree with the result of the majority..

I was in the minority in the last (proportional representation etc) referendum we had & also come to that, in the original European referendum we had 40 odd years ago but I didn't get all titty lipped about it when my point of view lost....... I just accepted the democratic decision of the majority & moved on with life.

And that's what we need to do about this one as well.

amideislas Sep 16th 2016 6:59 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12053779)
I have no respect for those with the ideal of Greater Germany then or now.

That might explain it then.

Germany has a larger population, a larger export-driven economy, lower wealth disparity, lower crime rate, higher standard of living. And now, will replace Britain as the front door to the world's largest economy.

Plenty to be afraid of.

Assanah Sep 16th 2016 7:36 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12052282)
Free trade deals not only take years to finalise, but in Britain's case, won't make much difference. A little, but not much. Britain has so little to sell. It's currently enjoying about enough to fund the NHS just by hosting global trade with Europe. But that's likely to vanish, so there's going to have to be a hell of a lot of nonexistent exports to make up for that.

There's a little oil, but nearly enough to sustain the UK (and Scotland lays claim to it), but oil prices aren't likely to expand. There's a huge glut of oil on the market, and will continue to be...

I wonder why people think that a free trade agreement with India will be like a magic wand. The UK is far behind in trading with India and the reason is not the free trade agreement. Even little Belgium trades more with India than the UK.

Second, one of the major stumbling stones in the negotiation between India and the EU is the opening of the Indian market for banking and insurances services. I assume that is a major UK interest. India doesn't want this. I am sure India won't change its mind about that unless the UK pays a heavy price. We will see how far the negotiations will go once India says what it really wants behind closed doors.

So maybe once the UK is gone it will be India and the EU that will finally be able to sign a free trade agreement?

EMR Sep 16th 2016 7:37 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12053625)
I would dread to think that this now common Merkel related scenario could be repeated in the UK.

German neo-Nazis in vicious brawl with 20 migrants in town of Buatzen | Daily Mail Online


"About 100 far-right men and women attacked some 20 asylum seekers
The night of violence unfolded in the east German town of Buatzen
Police reportedly pelted with bottles by migrants they were protecting
Neo-Nazis are said to have chanted 'Bautzen for the Germans' during clash"


To cap it all the police are under orders to keep it under wraps as it is not politically expedient to mention it outside of their HQ.

What right minded person would be a Cop in Germany ? :(



Germany being the main influence in the EU, it may be interesting to see what line they pursue with regard to Brexit after next years elections. :cool:



Neo nazi have been active in germany for decades one day you will actually check your facts.
What in your strange world is Merkel not responsible for ?

mfesharne Sep 16th 2016 7:43 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Angela Merkel blamed for letting ISIS terrorists into Germany WITHOUT identity checks | World | News | Daily Express

Angela Merkel set for ANOTHER election battering THIS WEEKEND as Berlin goes to the polls | World | News | Daily Express

Red Eric Sep 16th 2016 7:50 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12053341)
People did not vote out to improve the country. They voted out to improve their lot in life.

Well, well - now that is odd.

Whenever a remainer mentions - even in passing - scenarios in which they may be adversely affected, they're accused of being greedy and selfish.

By contrast, there's quite a theory passing around Leavers at the moment which says that they voted to go selflessly and despite the fact that they know they personally will lose out but that they did so for the good of their country.

I guess it had to come out eventually. Like the one about the NHS.

Fredbargate Sep 16th 2016 8:01 am

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12053785)
That might explain it then.

Germany has a larger population, a larger export-driven economy, lower wealth disparity, lower crime rate, higher standard of living. And now, will replace Britain as the front door to the world's largest economy.

Plenty to be afraid of.

There's a big difference between fear and respect


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.