British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

materialcontroller Apr 18th 2018 10:51 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12484613)
The Germans aren't leaving.

Well of course not. Not when they get such a good screw out of the whole deal. Maybe if the UK had it as good, they wouldn't be leaving either.

Red Eric Apr 18th 2018 10:52 pm

Seems rather unlikely that anyone arriving now is intending to leave any time soon. And there's still over 2 and a half years of mass-uncontrolled influx to come, all of whom will have the right to remain permanently post Brexit.

amideislas Apr 19th 2018 6:58 am

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12484620)
Well of course not. Not when they get such a good screw out of the whole deal. Maybe if the UK had it as good, they wouldn't be leaving either.

Well, Britain had the single most favourable membership terms in the EU, and still couldn't outperform Germany. I wonder how Britain will fare with far less favourable terms.

Cape Blue Apr 19th 2018 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12484623)
Seems rather unlikely that anyone arriving now is intending to leave any time soon. And there's still over 2 and a half years of mass-uncontrolled influx to come, all of whom will have the right to remain permanently post Brexit.

Finally you are starting to see sense. ;)

Cape Blue Apr 19th 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12484794)
Well, Britain had the single most favourable membership terms in the EU, and still couldn't outperform Germany. I wonder how Britain will fare with far less favourable terms.

Germany has the massively suppressed currency, making it tens of billions more pa than if there were just on the Dmark.

Red Eric Apr 19th 2018 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12484817)
Finally you are starting to see sense. ;)

I think you'll find it was the government that was finally persuaded to start seeing sense and I don't have any influence with them.

EMR Apr 19th 2018 9:10 am

Hoot of the day , Don,t tell la man.Two Farages children have German passports.

EMR Apr 19th 2018 9:10 am

Hoot of the day , Don,t tell la man.Two of Farages children have German passports.

EMR Apr 19th 2018 9:11 am

Hoot of the day , Don,t tell la man.Two of Farages children have German passports.

Fredbargate Apr 19th 2018 9:15 am

And there's still over 2 and a half years of mass-uncontrolled influx to come, all of whom will have the right to remain permanently post Brexit.

All down to the remain brigade that do not have to balls to no.

Cape Blue Apr 19th 2018 9:36 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12484834)
Hoot of the day , Don,t tell la man.Two of Farages children have German passports..

As they have a German mother why would they not?

EMR Apr 19th 2018 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12484842)
As they have a German mother why would they not?

So much for honour thy father..

EMR Apr 19th 2018 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12484835)
All down to the remain brigade that do not have to balls to no.

The 96% of voters on Gibraltar.

la mancha Apr 19th 2018 10:02 am

At least you admit the fact that it is a mass-uncontrolled influx. As for it still to come, that is only if we reach a deal over Brexit.

I love your use of the word, your word, ‘influx’. Hey, can I accuse you of xenophobia for that? Your prejudices are coming to the fore. Racist!

We can live with it because this is a long-term issue. Five years down the line we will have a completely different outcome.

But why do you think we will have two and half years of a mass-uncontrolled influx (great word, mate) when the whole world is supposed to be laughing at us, growth will drop post-Brexit, unemployment will rise, the EU will be forging ahead with growth and employment leaving my little island behind, and we are all racist? What is the draw?

jimenato Apr 19th 2018 10:03 am

Well Leavers voted for it - they can hardly complain.