British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Ingles Sep 13th 2016 3:06 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
:rofl:

Brexit - British holidaymakers may be charged to visit Portugal

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 3:09 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12051104)


On the bright side, there may then be additional opportunities to flash those blue passports around and feel superior to people with red passports.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 3:20 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
And without the "EU" text on it, you'll never again be a "foreigner". Wherever you go!

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 3:28 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
I've said it before but I really don't see what's wrong with having a visa requirement to visit another country.

It'll be a few minutes completing an online form & maybe cost a few quid but will allow those countries to keep track of who goes in & out.

So hardly an onerous task.

paulry Sep 13th 2016 3:30 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050516)
As a number of your fellow Leave posters repeat it often, it must a figment of theirs too.

Actually, the Daily Mail reported that Theresa May said Brexit means Brexit in her speech (from 0.30).

The only ones I've heard use it (or anything like it) have been May and the Remoaners

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 3:40 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
"As a number of your fellow Leave posters repeat it often, it must a figment of theirs too."

Actually, the Daily Mail reported that Theresa May said Brexit means Brexit in her speech (from 0.30).

See my earlier post:

TM did indeed say "Brexit means Brexit" & although I'm going from memory, so did DC say it soon after the referendum result was announced.

The term 'Brexit is Brexit' seems to be a misquote often used by the remoaners.

The former term refers to a set definition & the latter (to me at least) is somewhat meaningless.

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 3:41 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
http://meme.lolols.com/media/created/2fj9rn.jpg

paulry Sep 13th 2016 3:41 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050961)
Here we have a bunch of hysterical nutters bellyaching about a decision arrived at by Democratic means in a system whereby they were all free to participate,

.....because they'd much rather live under a corrupt, rotten to the core, dictatorial system where they'd have about as much say as the office cat.


YOU JUST COULDN'T MAKE IT UP .

:cool:

:rofl: And that reality is completely lost on them :blink:

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 3:42 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Sounds like a punk band. "May and the Remoaners" playing their big hit "Brexit ain't Brexit".

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 3:43 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051139)

The remoaners obviously do because if they didn't, they wouldn't be whining at the decibel level of an RB211 engine would they? :rofl:

SultanOfSwing Sep 13th 2016 3:46 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12051143)
The remoaners obviously do because if they didn't, they wouldn't be whining at the decibel level of an RB211 engine would they? :rofl:

Eh?

I don't live in the UK anymore, I really don't care. I would have preferred the vote to have gone the other way, but **** it, they made their bed, now they can lie in it, for better or worse. And if it does end up worse, I presume there won't be any complaining from the leave camp, right?

paulry Sep 13th 2016 3:50 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12051141)
Sounds like a punk band. "May and the Remoaners" playing their big hit "Brexit ain't Brexit".

:rofl: ....A punk rock band?

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 3:50 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
It'll be all the fault of those remoaners.

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 3:51 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12051145)
Eh?

I don't live in the UK anymore, I really don't care. I would have preferred the vote to have gone the other way, but **** it, they made their bed, now they can lie in it, for better or worse. And if it does end up worse, I presume there won't be any complaining from the leave camp, right?

How's this for a deal: you accept the democratic decision to leave with good grace & I promise you'll never hear me complain about the UK leaving the EU?;)

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 3:51 pm

re: Post EU Referendum
 
Now where have I seen that before, about a hundred times every day.
Clue.
First letter A.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:34 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.