British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Annetje Mar 18th 2018 11:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465385)
Why are you guys always so pissy? I know you are losers in this deal but do try and get over it - "Your Immensity"?

Why do you always come over as a ''bit better than everybody else'' ?


Or that the HSE legislation in the UK which has always been ahead of most EU countries will now be dropped by a Labour government?

Wishfull thinking here !!!!!

What Fundamental Rights from the charter do you see the UK doing away with?

A lot if they can get away with it (unless it is your dream Labour Government) ...

DaveLovesDee Mar 18th 2018 11:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465385)
Or that the HSE legislation in the UK which has always been ahead of most EU countries will now be dropped by a Labour government?

No, a Tory government.

amideislas Mar 19th 2018 7:37 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465385)
Why are you guys always so pissy? I know you are losers in this deal but do try and get over it

Like the energizer bunny. On and on and on... You're a riot, blueboy. But even a great comedian can become monotonous.

Red Eric Mar 19th 2018 10:29 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465385)
Do you think a UK government will say "sod it, truck drivers can now drive 20 hours a day, we don't care"?

Possibly not but they might well amend the Working Time Directive - that's said to be high on the list of objectives of some of the Brexiters. It's already applied in a manner which employees can "voluntarily" sign away. Kick away that prop and it could easily become a free-for-all as far as working hours, overtime and the rates at which it's paid, and paid holidays are concerned.

Presented, by those who can't wait to abolish it, as an obstruction to hard-working people earning a bit of extra overtime cash but no such thing, of course. It's all just an excuse to enforce so-called "flexible working", to the immense detriment of those affected.

EMR Mar 19th 2018 10:40 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Unfortunately we were on one of 100s of flights cancelled and delayed in the UK yesterday because of the snow.
A real inconvenience but at least under current EU regulations we will have to be offered new flights and compensation.

However can you see Ryan Air ( just one example ) not using any loophole that new UK regs may offer unless word for word they replicate existing EU rules.

EMR Mar 19th 2018 10:40 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Unfortunately we were on one of 100s of flights cancelled and delayed in the UK yesterday because of the snow.
A real inconvenience but at least under current EU regulations we will have to be offered new flights and compensation.

However can you see Ryan Air ( just one example ) not using any loophole that new UK regs may offer unless word for word they replicate existing EU rules.

Cape Blue Mar 19th 2018 11:54 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12465449)
A lot if they can get away with it (unless it is your dream Labour Government) ...

Quality always shines through. ;)

Cape Blue Mar 19th 2018 11:58 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12465587)
Possibly not but they might well amend the Working Time Directive - that's said to be high on the list of objectives of some of the Brexiters. It's already applied in a manner which employees can "voluntarily" sign away. Kick away that prop and it could easily become a free-for-all as far as working hours, overtime and the rates at which it's paid, and paid holidays are concerned.

Presented, by those who can't wait to abolish it, as an obstruction to hard-working people earning a bit of extra overtime cash but no such thing, of course. It's all just an excuse to enforce so-called "flexible working", to the immense detriment of those affected.

If a government does abolish the working time directive, Brits are fully able to vote for a different government that will reinstate it. It's called democracy.

DaveLovesDee Mar 19th 2018 12:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465623)
If a government does abolish the working time directive, Brits are fully able to vote for a different government that will reinstate it. It's called democracy.

The Working Time Directive is an EU law. Can we vote in a government that will return us to the EU as well, or would you like a referendum if they tried to do that?

Cape Blue Mar 19th 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12465645)
The Working Time Directive is an EU law. Can we vote in a government that will return us to the EU as well, or would you like a referendum if they tried to do that?

I know it's an EU law - that's what we're talking about - a future UK government scrapping EU rights etc.

Yes, at a future general election you are more than welcome to vote for a party that campaigns and manifestos with a promise to rejoin the EU. Perhaps a UKNIP (non-Independence).

I suspect the political reality is that they would realistically have to offer that by yet another referendum.

Red Eric Mar 19th 2018 1:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12465623)
If a government does abolish the working time directive, Brits are fully able to vote for a different government that will reinstate it. It's called democracy.

But you fully accept that the motive of Lord Snooty and his pals is to water down rights presently (but only weakly, given the opt out clauses which apply in UK law) guaranteed by membership of the EU? And that this is just one of a huge number of areas in which they see such opportunities? And that they're not actually intending to improve the lot of the average person?

Lion in Winter Mar 19th 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
While we wait to reach the sunlit uplands, I thought I would post this comment from today's coverage on the BBC regarding the EU and the UK agreeing to not do very much of anything for a while after Spring 2019.


"So the remoaners strategy is.

More mosques
Less white working class
Free education for anyone who comes here
To take in every male from Africa
Support the IRA
The list can go on.

To summarise the remoaners are pathetic low life who’s ancestors were the ones who ran away from WW1, WW2 and hid in their bunkers while the brexit cavaliers fought for this country. Long live the queen."

:lol:


The UK and EU agree terms for Brexit transition period - BBC News


As you were. I'm sure it's all going to be wonderful.

Red Eric Mar 19th 2018 1:53 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
^^ :lol:

I was wondering where Vexcore had got to.

Cape Blue Mar 19th 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12465681)
But you fully accept that the motive of Lord Snooty and his pals is to water down rights presently (but only weakly, given the opt out clauses which apply in UK law) guaranteed by membership of the EU? And that this is just one of a huge number of areas in which they see such opportunities? And that they're not actually intending to improve the lot of the average person?

I accept that some part of UK politics will want to remove some parts of existing EU laws - perhaps they see that as improving the lot of the average person and just have a different perspective as how to do that than you do.

If you don't think their ideas are correct you can vote for a party with a different perspective.

EMR Mar 19th 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12465702)
^^ :lol:

I was wondering where Vexcore had got to.

Don,t forget Dick, hope he is OK.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:16 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.