British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 12:02 pm

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12050940)
Stop confusing people with facts. It wasn't ok before the referendum and it's not ok now.

Blasphemous!

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 12:03 pm

As previously stated Brexit simply means exit from the Eu, nothing more and nothing less.

I think most 5 yr olds could comprehend that no problem, but unfortunately it's way above the mental capability of many of the losers.

I would suggest that the hysterical heartbroken remoaners wait to hear the progress of negotiations before posting any more garbage or contemplating suicide.

On the other hand the ports are still open and for the moment anyway they can take advantage to live in the EUSSR under dictatorial rule, where they will have about as much say as a dog.

At the end of the day if we are not happy with the way things are going we have the option of simply pulling the plug on the whole rotten to the core stinking EU organisation, as I have little doubt who will come out on top, as the Eu continues headlong in self destruct mode much to the consternation of the vast majority of its helpless voiceless citizens. :cool:

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050939)
Depends on which side you're on. For example, before he knew the outcome, Farage said if the vote went 48-52 in favour of remain, he'd challenge the result.

Luckily for him, it didn't. So he didn't have to engage in "bremoaning". Plus, the added benefit of accusing anyone who questions it as a "remoaner".

Well yeah but Farage is special. He gets to complain about the EU "gravy train" while simultaneously living off it for almost 20 years now.

DaveLovesDee Sep 13th 2016 12:07 pm

Re: Pre-Brexit thread

Parliament should 'play a central role' in triggering Article 50

The House of Lords Constitution Committee today publishes a report, The invoking of Article 50, in which it states that Government should not trigger Article 50 without consulting Parliament. The Committee says it would be 'constitutionally inappropriate' and would set 'a disturbing precedent' for the Government to act on the referendum without explicit parliamentary approval.

Lion in Winter Sep 13th 2016 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050943)
As previously stated Brexit simply means exit from the Eu, nothing more and nothing less.

I think most 5 yr olds could comprehend that no problem, but unfortunately it's way above the mental capability of many of the losers.

I would suggest that the hysterical heartbroken remoaners wait to hear the progress of negotiations before posting any more garbage or contemplating suicide.

On the other hand the ports are still open and for the moment anyway they can take advantage to live in the EUSSR under dictatorial rule, where they will have about as much say as a dog.

At the end of the day if we are not happy with the way things are going we have the option of simply pulling the plug on the whole rotten to the core stinking EU organisation, as I have little doubt who will come out on top, as the Eu continues headlong in self destruct mode much to the consternation of the vast majority of its helpless voiceless citizens. :cool:

I see the whole EUSSR thing is catching on. We could publish a whole Brexit dictionary soon. Or maybe Brexit scrabble set.

EMR Sep 13th 2016 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050925)
Margaret Thatcher's ex-nemesis Jacques Delors admits EU in 'crisis' after Brexit | Politics | News | Daily Express

I wonder who will be first to try and shoot he messenger ?

As Corporal Jones used to say "they don't like it up em"

The express again, can you find another source then maybe your links would be read..

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12050939)
Depends on which side you're on. For example, before he knew the outcome, Farage said if the vote went 48-52 in favour of remain, he'd challenge the result.

Luckily for him, it didn't. So he didn't have to engage in "bremoaning". Plus, the added benefit of accusing anyone who questions it as a "remoaner".

I rather think you'll find that's a popular misquote often used by the remainiacs.

The 48/52% thing was a petition raised by a UKIP supporter some considerable time before the referendum & that he said later that he regretted. Also, it was a personal thing & never anything to do with UKIP as a party or Ferage as an individual.

The so called 'quote' or more accurately misquote comes from when NF was interviewed & asked if UKIP would give up if the referendum result was to stay in the EU & he replied no, it would continue to press for a Brexit.

And incidentally, we've been through this one several times before.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 12:15 pm

That's the problem, Dick, most adults can't begin to comprehend the gargantuan task and consequences of what brexit means. Yourself and May's cabinet included.

You don't want to hear that. All you want to hear is how simple it is, and how great it will be afterward. Neither of which are remotely true.

You're entitled to your opinion. But you really should start to set your expectations appropriately.

DaveLovesDee Sep 13th 2016 12:19 pm

Brexshitters will be waiting the same length of time, as May has said No 'Running Commentary' On Brexit Negotiations

So it looks like none of us bar the select few will know exactly what Brexit means for UK businesses and nationals until after the deals are done. If the deal isn't what the Leavers hoped for, there's no appeal, no do-over and no whining.

Brexit means Brexit. Which only means we'll no longer a member of the EU.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 12:20 pm

Here we have a bunch of hysterical nutters bellyaching about a decision arrived at by Democratic means in a system whereby they were all free to participate,

.....because they'd much rather live under a corrupt, rotten to the core, dictatorial system where they'd have about as much say as the office cat.

YOU JUST COULDN'T MAKE IT UP .

:cool:

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 12:22 pm

You just did.

amideislas Sep 13th 2016 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12050960)
Brexshitters will be waiting the same length of time, as May has said No 'Running Commentary' On Brexit Negotiations

So it looks like none of us bar the select few will know exactly what Brexit means for UK businesses and nationals until after the deals are done. If the deal isn't what the Leavers hoped for, there's no appeal, no do-over and no whining.

Brexit means Brexit. Which only means we'll no longer a member of the EU.

I don't know. It's a paradox. One that Ms. May is going to have to find compromise on many fronts.

Unfettered access to the single market is an absolute must, else face significant economic downsizing, and that would be political suicide.

On the other hand, the electorate wants to "control" immigration (although the segment that they don't like is under absolute UK control). But there will not be single market without freedom of movement.

I'm confident she knows this already. As it will apparently be a negotiation that only she and her cabinet will control, it seems the electorate will just have to live with whatever they decide to do. And I suspect it won't exactly be the brexit many think it will.

Dick Dasterdly Sep 13th 2016 12:43 pm

Brexit is actually boosting the UK economy | New York Post

Two months ago, the world’s wise men were warning that if UK voters decided to “Brexit” from the European Union, they’d rain down economic crisis.

Guess what?

Today, Britain is fine — and has even seen a boost from its “Leave” vote.

Assanah Sep 13th 2016 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12050978)
Brexit is actually boosting the UK economy | New York Post

Two months ago, the world’s wise men were warning that if UK voters decided to “Brexit” from the European Union, they’d rain down economic crisis.

Guess what?

Today, Britain is fine — and has even seen a boost from its “Leave” vote.

The UK can already trade with the world!! Look at Germany. Germany has a much higher trade volume with India than the UK despite the EU shackles which you so firmly seem to believe actually exists.
How come that you are not sellling to the world now? That would be an interesting question for you to answer.

mfesharne Sep 13th 2016 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12050955)
The express again, can you find another source then maybe your links would be read..

Typical remainiac attitude of 'I don't like the source so I won't read or believe it!'

Reminds me of a child sticking covering it's ears & shouting LA-LA-LA when it doesn't want to hear the words 'go to bed' etc.

The fact that you don't like it or agree with it doesn't mean the story is fictitious! :ohmy: