British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 10:38 am

re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12049095)
Why would they be in a hurry to leave, when there's no actual consensus what what the UK wants from Brexit other than 'to leave the EU'.

The government will take as long as they can to trigger Article 50 because they are still trying to figure out how to get all the continued benefits of single-market access (including the City of London) without free movement.

I the UK were a person, they'd probably be labelled scroungers by the red-tops.

Absolutely right. All of the benefits without the burdens. Sound familiar?

Red Eric Sep 11th 2016 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049066)
*i still cant believe the amount of butthurt Remainers are even now in august.... *

:blink:

A Leaver who doesn't even know what month it is. Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Vexcore Sep 11th 2016 10:43 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12049069)
So, I read it.

Jeezus.. You couldn't have picked a less balanced, angry, emotional and baseless analysis of campaign predictions of the possible consequences an event that hasn't even happened, yet ominously, the consequences from the mere threat of it aren't exactly optimistic.

By the way, the FTSE 100 is about as British as Chicago pizza.

Oh and naturally, this is neither misleading nor inciting racism. No no!

http://static1.uk.businessinsider.co...ne-16-2016.jpg

Posting pics of the 'Farage' ? Damn you must be desperate.

Anyone that screams 'racist' because of that picture is an idiot lol.

Red Eric Sep 11th 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12048675)
Yes, brexit is brexit.

So, brexit. What's the holdup? Is it complicated or something? Cut the cord and finally be free.

Or is there something else you want? Maybe some sort of extra "benefit" that you might be able to snag on your way out? I mean, brexit is brexit. What else is there?

Thing is, ami, that before the referendum there was all this stuff about how the vote would be rigged etc etc and amongst all that there were frequent accusations that if the EU doesn't like the result of a referendum it makes the country do it again.

So I reckon that's what the holdup is. They're waiting for the EU to hand down a diktat to re-do the referendum and they're absolutely stunned that the EU appears to be being completely blasé about the result.

So now they're having to put something together hastily whilst still praying that the EU comes along on bended knee saying "We've got a better offer than the one we put to Dave in January. How about taking a vote on this one?"

Vexcore Sep 11th 2016 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12049103)
Thing is, ami, that before the referendum there was all this stuff about how the vote would be rigged etc etc and amongst all that there were frequent accusations that if the EU doesn't like the result of a referendum it makes the country do it again.

So I reckon that's what the holdup is. They're waiting for the EU to hand down a diktat to re-do the referendum and they're absolutely stunned that the EU appears to be being completely blasé about the result.

So now they're having to put something together hastily whilst still praying that the EU comes along on bended knee saying "We've got a better offer than the one we put to Dave in January. How about taking a vote on this one?"

lol, Didn't Jean Claude Juncker say it himself 'OUT IS OUT'

We don't need that shite known as the 'EUROPEAN UNION' i feel british i am british i am not EUROPEAN.

OUT IS OUT - BREXIT IS BREXIT

DaveLovesDee Sep 11th 2016 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12049100)

A Leaver who doesn't even know what month it is. Now why doesn't that surprise me?

It's 'taking back control' of our calendars..... :cool: :p

Vexcore Sep 11th 2016 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12049100)

lmao Finally, someone noticed.

Good one.

Still i'll put money on it.... by 2019 you lot will be pissing and moaning still.

NO SECOND REF FOR YOU GUYS/GIRLS

DaveLovesDee Sep 11th 2016 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049110)

Good one.

Still i'll put money on it.... by 2019 you lot will be pissing and moaning still.

I don't want a second referendum on Leave or Remain.

However, I do want Parliament to have their say before the trigger is pulled.

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:12 am

Oh, Britain has no choice now. They just have no clue what to do. But brexit is brexit.

Here's what Ryanair thinks:

Ryanair Chief O'Leary Calls Brexit Politicians 'Headless Chickens

This will go down in history as the biggest irony in British politics ever.

mfesharne Sep 11th 2016 11:15 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12049117)
I don't want a second referendum on Leave or Remain.

However, I do want Parliament to have their say before the trigger is pulled.

Bearing in mind the (then proposed) referendum was (obviously) debated prior to it happening & also bearing in mind the referendum has been held & the result counted why does it need to be debated again after the people have spoken & the democratic decision made?

Invoking Article 50: the Law, the Constitution and Politics

Ingles Sep 11th 2016 11:16 am

Good one.

And so will you lot:rofl:

Brexit camp abandons £350m-a-week NHS funding pledge | Politics | The Guardian

Yet another bunch off lies & BS they can't carry out, as I read it , the toss pot's in heading the out camp did not have any solid policies in place to implement if the Vote went there way ,it has & they are now utterly dog & duck'd
Wot a bunch off "snake oil salesmen" they have turned out to be.
Basically UK's equivalent off Nonald Dumpts ,all wind & farts & no substance

DaveLovesDee Sep 11th 2016 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049106)
OUT IS OUT - BREXIT IS BREXIT

Yeah yeah.

And black is black, London is London, and Manchester United is Manchester United. All of which means f-all in desc ribing anything to anyone.

Out = Moving or appearing to move away from a particular place

Black = Of the very darkest colour owing to the absence of or complete absorption of light; the opposite of white

Brexit = Brexit is an abbreviation for "British exit," which refers to the June 23, 2016, referendum whereby British citizens voted to exit the European Union

London = The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom

Manchester United = Manchester United Football Club is a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, that competes in the Premier League

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:21 am

Good one.

Brexit probably won't happen by 2019, but I'd put money that in 2025, you'll be the one pissing and moaning.

amideislas Sep 11th 2016 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12049106)
We don't need that shite known as the 'EUROPEAN UNION' i feel british i am british i am not EUROPEAN.

Yeah, that's so quaint. So arrogantly British. Like going back in time a few hundred years.

jimenato Sep 11th 2016 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mfesharne (Post 12049126)
Bearing in mind the (then proposed) referendum was (obviously) debated prior to it happening & also bearing in mind the referendum has been held & the result counted why does it need to be debated again after the people have spoken & the democratic decision made?

Invoking Article 50: the Law, the Constitution and Politics

Because it should become apparent to the stupid uneducated thickos that voted for it and their equally brainless deluded leaders that they voted for an obvious farce based on obvious lies that anyone should have seen through, and they should want to have another say.

But as they are still as stupid, thick, brainless, uneducated and deluded as they ever were they probably won't.

(Just seeing if the debating style of the brainless, deluded Brexiteers on here of endlessly spouting nonsensical bollocks will work in the other direction.)