British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Novocastrian Dec 31st 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12408159)
Another German export.

Hmm. It is in English though. ;)

Expatrick Dec 31st 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12408151)
Happy new year everyone. A special new years' tradition for you...

What is so extraordinary is that, although British made, it is virtually unknown in the UK despite it's popularity in much of Europe & beyond.

Novocastrian Dec 31st 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12408165)
Hmm. It is in English though. ;)

So is this. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...inet-reshuffle

Another German export, this time the Night of the Long Knives. :(

Expatrick Dec 31st 2017 6:52 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12408161)
The fact is, as a Brexiteer I would love to be kicked up the Khyber!:lol:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...harashtra.html

Happy New Year To All.

Happy New Year Bipat - & carry on up the Khyber!

amideislas Dec 31st 2017 9:32 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12408170)
What is so extraordinary is that, although British made, it is virtually unknown in the UK despite it's popularity in much of Europe & beyond.

Made in Germany.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

Novocastrian Jan 1st 2018 12:29 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12408230)

Filmed in a British theatre by NDR but written by a British writer and starring two leading British comics of those times. And then you want to know about Brexit?

Harrumph.

But on a similar theme, does anyone know why WW2 British made films such as The Desert Fox, The Great Escape or The Dambusters are considered to be Christmas movies in the 21C?

DaveLovesDee Jan 1st 2018 5:01 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12408274)
But on a similar theme, does anyone know why WW2 British made films such as The Desert Fox, The Great Escape or The Dambusters are considered to be Christmas movies in the 21C?

Because they're feel-good movies.

amideislas Jan 1st 2018 6:37 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12408274)
Filmed in a British theatre by NDR but written by a British writer and starring two leading British comics of those times. And then you want to know about Brexit?

Still, it's a Sylvester tradition for Germans, and hardly known in the UK. Bloody foreigners, I reckon.

EMR Jan 1st 2018 8:44 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Westminster rumour mill suggesting Boris could be moved and other hard line brexiters also losing their jobs in a New Year cabinet reshuffle.

GeniB Jan 1st 2018 9:14 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12408370)
Westminster rumour mill suggesting Boris could be moved and other hard line brexiters also losing their jobs in a New Year cabinet reshuffle.

YEAH!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE... Brexiter,Remoaner,Remainer WHATEVER your colours... May 2018 be better than recent years... For everyone.:starsmile:

Expatrick Jan 1st 2018 9:21 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Boldog új évet kívánok, mindenki!

DaveLovesDee Jan 1st 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

BristolUK Jan 1st 2018 12:12 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12408331)
Because they're feel-good movies.

That's if you forget about the massacre at the end of the great 'escape' :nod:

Should I have put a spoiler warning on that? :lol:

DaveLovesDee Jan 1st 2018 12:17 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12408435)
That's if you forget about the massacre at the end of the great 'escape' :nod:

Should I have put a spoiler warning on that? :lol:

Most forget about the massacre at the end of the movie until they watch it.......

Red Eric Jan 1st 2018 12:44 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12408370)
Westminster rumour mill suggesting Boris could be moved and other hard line brexiters also losing their jobs in a New Year cabinet reshuffle.

Oh, goody - someone's going to have to volunteer to say "rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic". Who'll be first?

My money's on Vince Cable by a short head from Tom Watson.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:04 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.