British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:39 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12406400)
You aren't one of those who complain about not getting an answer and then not answering a question yourself are you ?

No.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406390)
Now who's being negative?

Realistic, there's a difference.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12406395)
And the empire will strike back

There is no empire.

amideislas Dec 28th 2017 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406405)
And bear in mind that things won't even be a fraction of how bad things were in the 70s.

Well, the Tories are likely to lose the next election... Strong and stable, you know...

I just wouldn't count on "strong and stable" anytime soon. And that means "not strong" and "not stable". Regardless of what party is in power.

Lion in Winter Dec 28th 2017 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406406)
No.

You are making a bit of an odd start to your BE life you know. TIO is just one part of the enitre forum - most people like to talk on other threads too and get to know people a little bit before just wading in.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12406412)
Well, the Tories are likely to lose the next election... Strong and stable, you know...

I just wouldn't count on "strong and stable" anytime soon. And that means "not strong" and "not stable". Regardless of what party is in power.

Is there likely to be 3rd party on the horizon ? You're not saying Comrade Corbyn will win an election lol.

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12406415)
You are making a bit of an odd start to your BE life you know. TIO is just one part of the enitre forum - most people like to talk on other threads too and get to know people a little bit before just wading in.

Oh yes I have posted elsewhere, this particular subject just caught my eye ;)

amideislas Dec 28th 2017 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406416)
Is there likely to be 3rd party on the horizon ? You're not saying Comrade Corbyn will win an election lol.

With the Tories self-destructing, the consequences of Brexit, everybody unhappy, you can be certain that comrade corbyn has a very real shot at it.

That's how these things happen. Unhappy electorate = vote for the "other".

iano Dec 28th 2017 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406405)
And bear in mind that things won't even be a fraction of how bad things were in the 70s.

That's the spirit, unbridled Brexiteer positivity based on.............

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12406419)
With the Tories self-destructing, the consequences of Brexit, everybody unhappy, you can be certain that comrade corbyn has a very real shot at it.

That's how these things happen. Unhappy electorate = vote for the "other".

Everybody unhappy...uhh, no :lol:

Ozziechris Dec 28th 2017 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12406420)
That's the spirit, unbridled Brexiteer positivity based on.............

positivity.

Lion in Winter Dec 28th 2017 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406418)
Oh yes I have posted elsewhere, this particular subject just caught my eye ;)

Today is your first day on BE. Four posts on other threads does not constitute getting to know people. You are welcome to post anywhere of course, but it's like walking into a pub where everyone knows each other except you and starting a fight. I realize a friend might have encouraged you to participate, but really, actually getting to know people will also help you say whatever it is you want to say on this thread without coming across as troll-like.

You will also notice how long this thread is. Everything you are saying has been said before, multiple times. You will forgive us if we are not impressed.

amideislas Dec 28th 2017 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406426)
Everybody unhappy...uhh, no :lol:

OK, let's examine that.

Hard Brexit. no deal, out. End of:

Hard brexiteers (the handful of them) happy.
Economy goes south almost instantly. Businesses struggle, many move out. Trade difficult. Inflation soars. Unemployment rises. Most people very unhappy.

"Soft brexit" (effectively, EFTA membership).

Hard brexiteers fuming. The tabloids go nuts. May forced out. Economy not quite as disrupted, but effectively, Tories are in self-destruction.

Either way, Corbyn likely becomes saviour.

DaveLovesDee Dec 28th 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziechris (Post 12406370)

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12406382)
:lol:

Like any of us are going to actually hand over money to see what's behind the paywall.

I Google'd the headline that came up and avoided the paywall.

Pay growth to accelerate in 2018, say Bank of England agents

It's from Nov 8th.

Pay growth in the UK is likely to accelerate next year, as companies increasingly face recruitment difficulties, Bank of England agents said in their latest report on Wednesday.

The agents, who interviewed 700 companies across the UK between late August and mid-October, said that a scarcity of new employees means that pay settlements are likely to increase from a range of 2 to 3 per cent this year to between 2.5 and 3.5 per cent next year.

This year, real pay has fallen as inflation has grown faster than wages. The most recent official figures show that inflation outstripped average regular wage growth in the three months to the end of August, resulting in real pay falling 0.4 per cent.

EMR Dec 28th 2017 7:10 pm

UK Press , BBC etc reports TODAY, average wage growth will be zero through 2018/