British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Expatrick Dec 22nd 2017 9:53 am

Re: Post EU Referendum

The blue passport will confuse the hell out of Bipat - she won't know if she's coming or going! :lol:

Bipat Dec 22nd 2017 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12403935)
The blue passport will confuse the hell out of Bipat - she won't know if she's coming or going! :lol:

Why would it confuse me?---I don't care what colour my passport is --as long as I get through immigration. Anyway I already have a blue 'passport'--is that what you meant?----real blue--not 'semi-black'.:lol::]

Expatrick Dec 22nd 2017 10:39 am

Exactly (I am assuming you also have a burgundy one). And you should care, by all accounts you should care, it's an issue dear to brexiteer hearts!

Lion in Winter Dec 22nd 2017 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12403950)
Exactly (I am assuming you also have a burgundy one). And you should care, by all accounts you should care, it's an issue dear to brexiteer hearts!

Are we going back to those oversized hardcover ones that don't fit inside any pocket? That would be good, it would give us more to read while we wait in the queues.

Richard8655 Dec 22nd 2017 10:59 am

I hope it’ll have those cute little oval windows again. Will help remind us how backward in time we’re going.

Lion in Winter Dec 22nd 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Richard8655 (Post 12403952)
I hope it’ll have those cute little oval windows again. Will help remind us how backward in time we’re going.

Her Britannic Majesty requests and requires that the bearer be afforded no let or hindrance...

Yeah, that'll work. Just wave it in a lordly manner and all the people from lesser countries will just part and let us through.

Richard8655 Dec 22nd 2017 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12403958)
Her Britannic Majesty requests and requires that the bearer be afforded no let or hindrance...

Yeah, that'll work. Just wave it in a lordly manner and all the people from lesser countries will just part and let us through.

Yep. Like in the good ol’ empire days.

DaveLovesDee Dec 22nd 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Richard8655 (Post 12403966)
Yep. Like in the good ol’ empire days.

'Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die'........

Expatrick Dec 22nd 2017 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12403968)
'Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die'........

Oh God, memories of Prep school!

Anyway, instead of playing Land of hope & glory, etc, how about a limited edition with a nice little ditty by Ravi Shankar, just for Bipat? :lol:

Happy Christmas Bipat! May it be filled with Korma!

Expatrick Dec 22nd 2017 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12402762)
I believe the only non-british politicians looking forward to Brexit are Putin and Trump (albeit for different reasons, but self-serving in either case).

And Marine Le Pen, Geert Wilders.

Novocastrian Dec 22nd 2017 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12403958)

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...dy-passport-eu

Hmmm.

Bipat Dec 22nd 2017 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12403973)
Oh God, memories of Prep school!

Anyway, instead of playing Land of hope & glory, etc, how about a limited edition with a nice little ditty by Ravi Shankar, just for Bipat? :lol:

Happy Christmas Bipat! May it be filled with Korma!

Happy Christmas to you too Expatrick.

We are in UK--because of family member ill since August ---but they are home--- and will eventually be back to normal :starsmile:

So its turkey but Gurkha take-away on boxing day. (The little ones love this).

(Don't like Ravi Shankar---prefer Kishore Kumar!)

Expatrick Dec 22nd 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12403988)
Happy Christmas to you too Expatrick.

We are in UK--because of family member ill since August ---but they are home--- and will eventually be back to normal :starsmile:

So its turkey but Gurkha take-away on boxing day. (The little ones love this).

(Don't like Ravi Shankar---prefer Kishore Kumar!)

Hope the family is OK, Ghurka sounds good, Ravi was the man in my hippy days!

Red Eric Dec 22nd 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12403982)
And Marine Le Pen, Geert Wilders.

And ISIS.

007Steve Dec 22nd 2017 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12403920)
Anyone clarify that bit for me?:confused:

...When the Tories were trying to re-invent themselves during war-criminal Blair's reign, May, who at the time was a rising star told one Tory Conference "Do you know what people call us - the nasty party"
So you see jimenato- accurate and truthful... near unbelievable from a politico.