British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 9:11 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12402640)
But of course you are not a resident are you ?

Well done for working that out. As I said much earlier in this thread, I no longer have the right to vote in the UK. But I have the right to an opinion even if it is the opposite of yours :sneaky:

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 9:13 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12402660)
Yes, just as a vulture is opportunistic.

Plenty of foreign takeovers of UK companies currently going on, while it's pile 'em high sell 'em cheap season, but should the trade barriers and costs of trade go up ? Asset strip, shift operations and 'investment' to the much bigger market next door and leave the carcass.

Alternatively, if the UK does eventually decide to stay within the single market and the customs union ? Well, a tidy bit of business.

All animals are opportunistic, many are in direct competition with each other and, worse still, most are in the food chain. ;)

iano Dec 20th 2017 9:24 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12402666)
All animals are opportunistic, many are in direct competition with each other and, worse still, most are in the food chain. ;)

Yes, but only a really dumb animal would turn its back on the rich pickings right on its doorstep for the uncertainty of scrawny titbits much further afield. :p

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 9:34 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12402669)
Yes, but only a really dumb animal would turn its back on the rich pickings right on its doorstep for the uncertainty of scrawny titbits much further afield. :p

Unless, of course, the really dumb animal realised he would likely end his days inside a German sausage surrounded by French has-beans and Brussel spouters :rofl:

iano Dec 20th 2017 9:41 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12402672)
Unless, of course, the really dumb animal realised he would likely end his days inside a German sausage surrounded by French has-beans and Brussel spouters :rofl:

:rofl:

Did you read that in the Daily Mail, or Express ?!

Assanah Dec 20th 2017 9:42 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12402672)
Unless, of course, the really dumb animal realised he would likely end his days inside a German sausage surrounded by French has-beans and Brussel spouters :rofl:

And so the dumb animal chooses to get served on Chinese cabbage with American gravy instead....small countries have to dance to somebody's tune.

Expatrick Dec 20th 2017 9:51 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12402669)
Yes, but only a really dumb animal would turn its back on the rich pickings right on its doorstep for the uncertainty of scrawny titbits much further afield. :p

Scrawny titbits -

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 10:42 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12402676)
:rofl:

Did you read that in the Daily Mail, or Express ?!

Oh really, Iano! I made that stuff up - just like everyone else does on this thread :starsmile:

Bipat Dec 20th 2017 10:55 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12402679)
And so the dumb animal chooses to get served on Chinese cabbage with American gravy instead....small countries have to dance to somebody's tune.

Oh! the sensible animals happily grab a masala dosa!

EMR Dec 20th 2017 11:58 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12402701)
Oh really, Iano! I made that stuff up - just like everyone else does on this thread :starsmile:

Does that go for all your fellow brexiters.
We have la man admitting that much of the leave debate was lies and now your admission that it was also made up.
Progress at last.

EMR Dec 20th 2017 12:08 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12402663)
Well done for working that out. As I said much earlier in this thread, I no longer have the right to vote in the UK. But I have the right to an opinion even if it is the opposite of yours :sneaky:

No one says you do not.
However your knowledge of the day to day effects of the vote and the risks of brexit is limited to say the least.

007Steve Dec 20th 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
... If this process was an animal, the RSPCA would seize it & put it down to avoid suffering...
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/h...-a3723941.html

...Plus today the EU have set a transition end-deadline of December 2020.

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12402741)
No one says you do not.
However your knowledge of the day to day effects of the vote and the risks of brexit is limited to say the least.

I have to bow to your superiority on the concept of being limited :p

More seriously though, most of the posts made by you and others here are based upon a limited view. There are no real facts, the UK has never done this before and neither has the EU. They are like a couple of virgins having sex for the first time - it won't be easy but they will get there.

If you want to carry on predicting a negative outcome then no-one can stop you, but really you are just inventing an outcome based on your limited view.

The UK and EU just need to get on with it - after all, it's what the people voted for ;)

InVinoVeritas Dec 20th 2017 12:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12402753)
...today the EU have set a transition end-deadline of December 2020.

To be more accurate, the Dancing Barnier set that deadline.

amideislas Dec 20th 2017 1:02 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I don't think it's just EMR.

In fact, aside from British tabloid media, there is virtually nobody outside of Britain that has expressed much positive sentiment about Brexit, and more often than not, their assessments have been pretty pessimistic. The analysts all seem to agree, the markets, the OECD, and just now, the IMF (again). I believe the only non-british politicians looking forward to Brexit are Putin and Trump (albeit for different reasons, but self-serving in either case).


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:25 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.