British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

DaveLovesDee Dec 19th 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402196)
2016 was the first time that the Commissions accounts were signed off with a qualified, prior to that it was always adverse so they are getting better but still work in progress.

Auditors haven’t refused to sign off EU accounts


In fact, the European Court of Auditors has signed off on the EU budget every year since 2007.

Failure to do so before this has much to do with the way the EU budget is audited. In 2006, John Bourn, then comptroller and auditor general at the UK’s National Audit Office, said he too would have been unable to sign off the UK’s accounts if he had been required to audit them in the same way as the ECA does. That was because the year before he had issued a qualified opinion on 13 of the government’s 500 accounts (22).

Annetje Dec 19th 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402196)
2016 was the first time that the Commissions accounts were signed off with a qualified, prior to that it was always adverse so they are getting better but still work in progress.

I think this one comes under the chapter ''Fake news''.
Try again, I'm sure you can do better ;)

Expatrick Dec 19th 2017 3:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402219)
I think this one comes under the chapter ''Fake news''.
Try again, I'm sure you can do better ;)

Don't encourage him, he'll only keep moaning!

Ingles Dec 19th 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402042)
Maybe the difference is that you were in Brussels whilst Garbatellamike was in Italy ?

Surely you mean "Cuckoo Land" :rofl:

Annetje Dec 19th 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Expatrick (Post 12402220)
Don't encourage him, he'll only keep moaning!


Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12402222)
Surely you mean "Cuckoo Land" :rofl:

You 2 are on FIRE :nod:

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402219)
I think this one comes under the chapter ''Fake news''.
Try again, I'm sure you can do better ;)

You and Trump - 2 peas in a pod eh? :sneaky:

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 3:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:



Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12402222)
Surely you mean "Cuckoo Land" :rofl:


Annetje Dec 19th 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402231)
You and Trump - 2 peas in a pod eh? :sneaky:

:flypig::flypig:

No real examples then ?

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402237)
:flypig::flypig:

No real examples then ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Annetje Dec 19th 2017 4:30 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402238)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

True Brexiteer
:sarcasm:

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402243)
True Brexiteer
:sarcasm:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: nope I'm the one who don't think it will make much of a difference in the long run but I am sure there will be pain in the short term. I'm not even sure there will be a BREXIT the way things are going and I don't mind if that is the outcome.

I think a massive reform of the EU structure eliminating the Commission as a political entity and reinforcing the power of the Parliament is the way to go. I.E. making commission employees civil servants and replacing commissioners with ministers from the Parliament.

I didn't vote in the referendum as both sides were lying to me.

amideislas Dec 19th 2017 4:43 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402246)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: nope I'm the one who don't think it will make much of a difference in the long run but I am sure there will be pain in the short term. I'm not even sure there will be a BREXIT the way things are going and I don't mind if that is the outcome.

I think a massive reform of the EU structure eliminating the Commission as a political entity and reinforcing the power of the Parliament is the way to go. I.E. making commission employees civil servants and replacing commissioners with ministers from the Parliament.

I didn't vote in the referendum as both sides were lying to me.

Sounds like an EU federalist.

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 4:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12402250)
Sounds like an EU federalist.

Yes. If it's worth doing it's worth doing properly.

Annetje Dec 19th 2017 4:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12402246)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: nope I'm the one who don't think it will make much of a difference in the long run but I am sure there will be pain in the short term. I'm not even sure there will be a BREXIT the way things are going and I don't mind if that is the outcome.

I think a massive reform of the EU structure eliminating the Commission as a political entity and reinforcing the power of the Parliament is the way to go. I.E. making commission employees civil servants and replacing commissioners with ministers from the Parliament.

I didn't vote in the referendum as both sides were lying to me.

It never crossed your mind to do your own research ? :confused:

True Brexiteer ...

Garbatellamike Dec 19th 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12402259)
It never crossed your mind to do your own research ? :confused:

True Brexiteer ...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:52 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.