British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

amideislas Nov 19th 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12385353)
EU are showing nothing but hatred here. We voted leave, so just leave. The pretentiousness on show from shills such as Campbell is another eye opener. He is only known for the lies he spewed and regurgitated by Bliar. When you watch clueless Clegg attempting to villify Nigel in regards to the EU Army debate it tells you all you need to know how desperately delusional they are. Stand up for your country, your children and your community. Why wouldn't you? Forget about the what if, buts and maybes being peddled by the remaniacs. As majority of the time they get found out as fantasists with an agenda.

Cut them all off and leave.

f**k eu and they're hatred we voted out and we're leaving they're just in a state of panic.

Miss me guys?

- Vexx Rant :-)

I agree. Just leave. That's what you voted for. But c'mon, so far Britain has been the only real combatant. Voted to leave, but is now trying to find a way to stay but call it leaving. I suppose you could buy a box of chalk and call it cheese, but it's still chalk.

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385482)
You guys aren't trolls, I think you sincerely believe in your remainer ideals.

:lol: He ain't no remainer, bruv'

jimenato Nov 19th 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385370)
An increase in reported does not necessarily mean an increase in actual.

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12385383)
I know that but it's an indication that they have.

How do you know that they haven't?

Decided against answering that one then? Don't blame you...;)

Cape Blue Nov 19th 2017 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12385503)
Decided against answering that one then? Don't blame you...;)

It wasn't very interesting so I didn't bother, I had already said that I've no doubt there may have been a small amount more abuse around the time of the referendum but that any lingering increase in reported is likely down to increased reporting. It's not unusual for reporting to go up around these sorts of events.

I know you desperately want to lambaste your fellow Brits as racist, xenophobic etc to ease your loss over the brexit vote, but it just doesn't wash.

Garbatellamike Nov 19th 2017 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385497)
:lol: He ain't no remainer, bruv'

:rofl: he still undecided in fact

la mancha Nov 19th 2017 8:27 pm

The police definition of a hate crime is one that is “perceived‟ by the victim to have been based on prejudice; this means that in the strictest sense the surge in reported incidents only represents a surge in perceived prejudice.

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12385270)
Re Portugal, I don’t know much about the country other than they are always holding out their hands for EU money, but if as you say it is booming then so be it.

Fragile and recovering, manchie, no bettter than that. And the EU funds available to successful bids are helping in the rebuilding of the country after the havoc wreaked by the so-called bailout. It's good to have a visionary government which sees the value and the potential of encouraging the maximising of making such bids and making available the necessary co-participation funds. Also one which is capable of seeing off the threat of withdrawing access to those funds (as per our previous discussions on this matter ;)).

All in all, a highly satisfactory position at the moment but one which teeters on a knife-edge. Thanks for the contributions, though and do keep them coming. We wouldn't want to tip over the wrong side again.

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385509)
... I had already said that I've no doubt there may have been a small amount more abuse around the time of the referendum but that any lingering increase in reported is likely down to increased reporting.

So just to recap, an increase in reported crime is due to an increase in reported crime.

Whod'a thort it, eh?

Cape Blue Nov 19th 2017 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385563)
So just to recap, an increase in reported crime is due to an increase in reported crime.

Whod'a thort it, eh?

Yes, but not necessarily an increase in actual crime.

Lion in Winter Nov 20th 2017 4:12 am

:lol:

"Home Office officials have privately admitted the department is having problems increasing its immigration staffing levels as part of its Brexit preparations and may have to recruit Polish and other eastern Europeans to help register the 3 million EU nationals in Britain."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...r-eu-nationals

mikemike Nov 20th 2017 4:33 am

I am looking forward to the day that parliament votes to let the people decide on the final deal. By then the full horror of what is to unfold can no longer be hidden away.

No one can then say they did not know.

1/ The people in Sunderland first to vote for Brexit to also be told by the Japanese car plant that they will close and transfer to Europe.

2/ Cornwall to be told that the Uk government does not have the finance to match the grants received by the European union.

3/ That red bus with the NHS promises last seen headed to the scrap yard.

Etc etc

A regional cash flow statement to ensure that the public does understand what they are voting for.

Instead of voting no to an unpopular prime minister in favour of an even more unpopular one leading a repugnant Tory government. this time they get to vote on what it is all about and with a better detailed understanding.

For the first time in 40 years I voted against a Tory government. About time some of the party activists started de selecting their candidates if they will not declare why they hold either In or out positions, some think they can hide. A free vote by the house would soon put that to right.

jimenato Nov 20th 2017 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385509)
It wasn't very interesting so I didn't bother, I had already said that I've no doubt there may have been a small amount more abuse around the time of the referendum but that any lingering increase in reported is likely down to increased reporting. It's not unusual for reporting to go up around these sorts of events.

I know you desperately want to lambaste your fellow Brits as racist, xenophobic etc to ease your loss over the brexit vote, but it just doesn't wash.

On the contrary it's very interesting - you have said that these incidents haven't increased - how do you know that? How would you know if they had?

You are simply ignoring the evidence as it doesn't suit you.

jimenato Nov 20th 2017 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385612)
Yes, but not necessarily an increase in actual crime.

Ah - you've changed your tune.;)

jimenato Nov 20th 2017 6:02 am

Originally Posted by mikemike (Post 12385676)
I am looking forward to the day that parliament votes to let the people decide on the final deal. By then the full horror of what is to unfold can no longer be hidden away.

No one can then say they did not know.

1/ The people in Sunderland first to vote for Brexit to also be told by the Japanese car plant that they will close and transfer to Europe.

2/ Cornwall to be told that the Uk government does not have the finance to match the grants received by the European union.

3/ That red bus with the NHS promises last seen headed to the scrap yard.

Etc etc

A regional cash flow statement to ensure that the public does understand what they are voting for.

Instead of voting no to an unpopular prime minister in favour of an even more unpopular one leading a repugnant Tory government. this time they get to vote on what it is all about and with a better detailed understanding.

For the first time in 40 years I voted against a Tory government. About time some of the party activists started de selecting their candidates if they will not declare why they hold either In or out positions, some think they can hide. A free vote by the house would soon put that to right.

That vote should happen but it ain't gonna.

You're not the only one here to have voted against the Tories for the first time - I'm another for a start.

But I have a friend who has never voted for them but did this time 'to give May a strong negotiating position'.:confused:

It's a crazy world at the moment.

Assanah Nov 20th 2017 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385557)
Fragile and recovering, manchie, no bettter than that. And the EU funds available to successful bids are helping in the rebuilding of the country after the havoc wreaked by the so-called bailout. It's good to have a visionary government which sees the value and the potential of encouraging the maximising of making such bids and making available the necessary co-participation funds. Also one which is capable of seeing off the threat of withdrawing access to those funds (as per our previous discussions on this matter ;)).

All in all, a highly satisfactory position at the moment but one which teeters on a knife-edge. Thanks for the contributions, though and do keep them coming. We wouldn't want to tip over the wrong side again.

Portugal is receiving EU funds because it is in a fragile position and needs support. That's the same situation as in the 1970s and 80s when the EC allowed the sick man of Europe to join. The country was the poorest in the community and received the support needed to reform and build up its economy. That was also the time when British workers flooded Germany in search of work. Germany also being the only country to be a net contributor at that time. Things go in circles. So I expect EU countries to step up once Germany needs help. Not like the UK to suck funds out of the EU when it is in bad position and then to leave blindly and arrogantly when it is stabilized thinking it is so much better then the rest. So it is really good that the UK will be gone from the EU soon because it hasn't understood.