British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Vexcore Nov 19th 2017 2:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

EU are showing nothing but hatred here. We voted leave, so just leave. The pretentiousness on show from shills such as Campbell is another eye opener. He is only known for the lies he spewed and regurgitated by Bliar. When you watch clueless Clegg attempting to villify Nigel in regards to the EU Army debate it tells you all you need to know how desperately delusional they are. Stand up for your country, your children and your community. Why wouldn't you? Forget about the what if, buts and maybes being peddled by the remaniacs. As majority of the time they get found out as fantasists with an agenda.

Cut them all off and leave.

f**k eu and they're hatred we voted out and we're leaving they're just in a state of panic.

Miss me guys?

- Vexx Rant :-)

Cape Blue Nov 19th 2017 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12385351)
What makes you think actual crimes/abuse have not increased?

What makes you think they have?

It would not surprise me if the highlighting of immigration issues around the referendum caused a temporary increase in the usual louts saying "F-off back to Poland", but the idea that Brits have become generally more xenophobic appears just another remainiac meme to throw at brexiters.

jimenato Nov 19th 2017 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385358)
What makes you think they have?

It would not surprise me if the highlighting of immigration issues around the referendum caused a temporary increase in the usual louts saying "F-off back to Poland", but the idea that Brits have become generally more xenophobic appears just another remainiac meme to throw at brexiters.

Because reported incidents have, obviously.

Former Lancastrian Nov 19th 2017 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12385362)

But telling someone from Somalia to **** off back to Somalia isn't a race/hate crime because Somalia isn't part of the EU;)

Cape Blue Nov 19th 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12385362)

An increase in reported does not necessarily mean an increase in actual.

macliam Nov 19th 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385352)
Feel free to counter the arguments rather than just throw abuse.

Abuse? - I won't sink to your level. However, I have given you specifics, you have just repeated your unsubstantiated opinion.... as usual.

In your view the key terms for foreign workers have been agreed - but not in theirs. Odd that, eh?

Reported race crimes have increased, but that does not suggest an increase in actual reace crimes..... because the Daily Express is pro-EU, eh? :huh:

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385352)
"the idea that Brits have become generally more xenophobic appears just another remainiac meme to throw at brexiters"

- who's generalising? Hate crimes are carried out by individuals, not society as a whole. What is being reported is an increase in these individual actions - you are just trying to obscure the acknowledged impact of the referendum outcome by exaggerating the claim.

macliam Nov 19th 2017 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12385353)
EU are showing nothing but hatred here. We voted leave, so just leave. The pretentiousness on show from shills such as Campbell is another eye opener. He is only known for the lies he spewed and regurgitated by Bliar. When you watch clueless Clegg attempting to villify Nigel in regards to the EU Army debate it tells you all you need to know how desperately delusional they are. Stand up for your country, your children and your community. Why wouldn't you? Forget about the what if, buts and maybes being peddled by the remaniacs. As majority of the time they get found out as fantasists with an agenda.

Cut them all off and leave.

f**k eu and they're hatred we voted out and we're leaving they're just in a state of panic.

Miss me guys?

- Vexx Rant :-)

away and shite, Troll.

jimenato Nov 19th 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385370)
An increase in reported does not necessarily mean an increase in actual.

I know that but it's an indication that they have.

How do you know that they haven't?

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue (Post 12385227)
Employers can pay their staff less because they do not have to compete for staff. The UK's unemployment rate is historically low which would normally drive increases in wages, but because we have extended the reserve pool of labour to include million of keen and impoverished Europeans there is no difficulty sourcing staff and no upwards pressure on wages.

This is basic supply and demand economics, your wages will never rise when there is a surplus of workers sitting on the subs bench waiting to join the game.

The headline rate of unemployment is very misleading. Rampant neoliberalism in the UK in the form of "liberalisation of the labour market", combined with continual modifications to the welfare system by successive governments has forced a section of the workforce into precarious and exploitative employment because they have no alternative. Add the underemployed to the unemployed and the unemployment figure becomes far higher.

Encouraging exploitative contracts and forcing people to accept them on pain of losing any claim to welfare if they refuse plays into the downwards pressure on wages and it's that, plus encouraging, coercing or enabling employers to pay a living wage rather than a supposed market rate, which need to be addressed rather than the instant pointing of the finger at immigration.

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12385372)
away and shite, Troll.

End of the year's in sight - he's putting in a late bid for Troll of the Year in The Lounge Awards.

Lazy git doesn't realise there's some elite and dedicated competition on here.

Garbatellamike Nov 19th 2017 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385449)
The headline rate of unemployment is very misleading. Rampant neoliberalism in the UK in the form of "liberalisation of the labour market", combined with continual modifications to the welfare system by successive governments has forced a section of the workforce into precarious and exploitative employment because they have no alternative. Add the underemployed to the unemployed and the unemployment figure becomes far higher.

Encouraging exploitative contracts and forcing people to accept them on pain of losing any claim to welfare if they refuse plays into the downwards pressure on wages and it's that, plus encouraging, coercing or enabling employers to pay a living wage rather than a supposed market rate, which need to be addressed rather than the instant pointing of the finger at immigration.

I think that's mainly right Eric and every government starting with Thatcher's has used ststistics to fudge the true number of unemployed.

There are other factors that you haven't covered that I think are in play here too.

Garbatellamike Nov 19th 2017 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385450)
End of the year's in sight - he's putting in a late bid for Troll of the Year in The Lounge Awards.

Lazy git doesn't realise there's some elite and dedicated competition on here.

He has no chance he wouldn't even make top 3 trolls on this thread :nod:

Lion in Winter Nov 19th 2017 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12385449)

This.

Cape Blue's version is far too simplistic, resembling my son's high school intro to economics textbook more than anything.

Red Eric Nov 19th 2017 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12385456)
There are other factors that you haven't covered that I think are in play here too.

Sure. Not too many that are going to be banished by Brexit as far as I can see, though. Some might even exacerbate things post-Brexit.

Cape Blue Nov 19th 2017 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12385458)
He has no chance he wouldn't even make top 3 trolls on this thread :nod:

You guys aren't trolls, I think you sincerely believe in your remainer ideals.