British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

EMR Sep 29th 2017 4:10 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12349798)
Every time I buy a VAT-based item in the UK a proportion of that tax goes to the EU. In 2015 the UK contributed roughly £2.5 billion of our VAT to the EU, while at the same time all EU civil servants got a wage rise, back-dated. That is the sort of EU BS I refer to.

Are you really that naive, vat does not go to the EU but into the exchequer.
Vat will not drop when we finally esit or do you think that it will go to the NHS in a big red bus.

la mancha Sep 29th 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12349937)
Are you really that naive, vat does not go to the EU but into the exchequer.
Vat will not drop when we finally esit or do you think that it will go to the NHS in a big red bus.

It’s starting to get a little crazy talking to you people.

The UK is behind a significant share of the VAT revenue flowing into the EU budget.

In each year from 2000 to 2014, the UK's contribution has accounted for between 15% and 21% of this revenue.

37100 Sep 29th 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12349947)

The UK is behind a significant share of the VAT revenue flowing into the EU budget.

In each year from 2000 to 2014, the UK's contribution has accounted for between 15% and 21% of this revenue.

:blink::blink::blink:

EMR Sep 29th 2017 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12349947)

The only crazies are those who believe in the big red bus or that the UK population will benefit by 1p from the nett saving on contributions to the EU.
Brexit is about the UK not the EU or have you forgotten what it was you voted for.

la mancha Sep 29th 2017 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12349955)
The only crazies are those who believe in the big red bus or that the UK population will benefit by 1p from the nett saving on contributions to the EU.
Brexit is about the UK not the EU or have you forgotten what it was you voted for.

Not 1p but £2.5 billion. If you are wrong sometimes it is best to say nothing more rather than add to your stupidity.

EMR Sep 29th 2017 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12349960)
Not 1p but £2.5 billion. If you are wrong sometimes it is best to say nothing more rather than add to your stupidity.

I repeat the only stupid people are those who believe that the UK populace will see any benefit from the nett saving in contributions to the EU.
Come back when you can prove otherwise in 3, 5 or 10 years.
It may have escaped your notice that for yet another quarter since the vote UK economic activity declined with the growth figure reduced again.
Try blaming that on the EU.

mrken30 Sep 29th 2017 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12349193)
Haven't looked but I bet It's Minford - he who believes that the UK car manufacturing industry is finished and that's fine.

You were correct

mrken30 Sep 29th 2017 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12349955)

Is this the bus you were talking about?

The Big Red Party Bus - Childrens parties and entertainment

EMR Sep 29th 2017 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12349986)
Is this the bus you were talking about?

The Big Red Party Bus - Childrens parties and entertainment

One thing is definite the users of that bus are more intelligent and speak more sense that Boris and his gang on their red bus.
They also have a better understanding of finance .

iano Sep 29th 2017 8:15 pm

Surprised our Brexiteers haven't been on here celebrating next month's UKIP leader, code name 'October'.

Must be rapid occupational burnout holding Theresa's feet to the Hard Brexit fire.

SultanOfSwing Sep 29th 2017 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12350117)
Surprised our Brexiteers haven't been on here celebrating next month's UKIP leader, code name 'October'.

Quick occupational burnout holding Theresa's feet to the Hard Brexit fire.

**** UKIP. They should bugger off, and take the DUP with them. Bunch of regressive wankers.

Shard Sep 29th 2017 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12350119)
**** UKIP. They should bugger off, and take the DUP with them. Bunch of regressive wankers.

You must like their new logo though?

Lion in Winter Sep 29th 2017 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12350167)

I thought their Poundland look was more appropriate. But to me the new one looks more like they are ripping off the London Olympics lion.

http://b.smimg.net/15/29/640x480/tea...at-britain.jpg

SultanOfSwing Sep 29th 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 12350167)

How fitting they chose a picture of a big cat to represent a bunch of pussies.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12350170)
I thought their Poundland look was more appropriate. But to me the new one looks more like they are ripping off the London Olympics lion.

Or the Premier League ...

Shard Sep 29th 2017 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12350170)

Poundland :lol:

New one with the lion face is nice, but perhaps they did adapt the Olympic one.