British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

Bipat Sep 26th 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12346924)
Read your post, the commonwealth immigration acts from 1962 onwards had nothing to do with terrorism but all to do with the influx of non white mainly from the Indian sub continent, and later the risk of 200,000 plus of Asian descent from east Africa.
It is all on record, just look it up.

YOU read it! I added the point regarding travellers FROM the UK ((In 1980s)

Are you incapable of realising that other countries have problems with terrorism and have appropriate measures for security---visas--.

My post concerned the introduction of visas for British people travelling TO a non-EU country, travelling FROM the UK.
Should I repeat it visas for British people travelling TO a Commonwealth country FROM the UK.

EMR Sep 26th 2017 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12346953)
YOU read it! I added the point regarding travellers FROM the UK ((In 1980s)

Are you incapable of realising that other countries have problems with terrorism and have appropriate measures for security---visas--.

My post concerned the introduction of visas for British people travelling TO a non-EU country, travelling FROM the UK.
Should I repeat it visas for British people travelling TO a Commonwealth country FROM the UK.

What has your post got to do with the UK and the EU, nothing.
Whereas the various immigration control acts that you complain about because they do not apply to EU migrants whose countries we have a very different relationship are relevant to a post EU, UK.
The majority of those who voted leave and yes some who voted remain would like to see the equality you seek implemented.

Bipat Sep 26th 2017 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12346968)
What has your post got to do with the UK and the EU, nothing.
Whereas the various immigration control acts that you complain about because they do not apply to EU migrants whose countries we have a very different relationship are relevant to a post EU, UK.
The majority of those who voted leave and yes some who voted remain would like to see the equality you seek implemented.

My post had to do with the question of 'visas' which was being discussed.
(This is an expat Forum --different posters have different experiences in different countries.)

I have never complained about immigration control Acts, just pointed out that they exist.

007Steve Sep 26th 2017 7:39 pm

:blink:.... Goodness what's all the noise about?... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
breathe-in; breathe-out guys (& gals); Calma...Calma
Whoever's right / wrong just remember that as Expat little-people there's nothing we can do about it.

Novocastrian Sep 26th 2017 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 12347358)
:blink:.... Goodness what's all the noise about?... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
breathe-in; breathe-out guys (& gals); Calma...Calma
Whoever's right / wrong just remember that as Expat little-people there's nothing we can do about it.

Well, I'm no longer an ex-pat little-person and can do something about it. I can vote for Labour in the election which will be held in the aftermath of May's stabbing back incident next month.

Thairetired2016 Sep 27th 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12343379)
Is Nambia in the EU ?

Why not invite them to join? Many are of German ancestry, many speak German. I'm sure they would be happy to get all the subsidies the EU dishes out and this forum could talk about a 'Namibia model'.

EMR Sep 27th 2017 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12347753)
Why not invite them to join? Many are of German ancestry, many speak German. I'm sure they would be happy to get all the subsidies the EU dishes out and this forum could talk about a 'Namibia model'.

You mean the subsidies the UK currently enjoys but which the government has not promised will continue.
Less than 50,000 out of a population of over 2 million are of German descent in Namibia.

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12347753)

So Nambia is in Europe then :rofl: And they speak German :rofl:

InVinoVeritas Sep 27th 2017 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12347772)
So Nambia is in Europe then :rofl: And they speak German :rofl:

Must tweet Donald - he'll be so relieved :lol:

Annetje Sep 27th 2017 10:33 am

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12347780)
Must tweet Donald - he'll be so relieved :lol:

Trump is of my friends list after this one :

US Bombardier ruling: Theresa May 'bitterly disappointed' at Trump administration tariff decision | The Independent

Thank goodness we have the DUP to urge May to call her ''special relationship'' ...
Anyway, I know this is between Canada and USA, but this is exactly what Trump means by America first. What will this mean to the new and exclusive trade deal with the UK ? Is this a taste of what is to come ... One has to assume Mr Fox will do his work !

EMR Sep 27th 2017 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12347818)

US Bombardier ruling: Theresa May 'bitterly disappointed' at Trump administration tariff decision | The Independent

Thank goodness we have the DUP to urge May to call her ''special relationship'' ...
Anyway, I know this is between Canada and USA, but this is exactly what Trump means by America first. What will this mean to the new and exclusive trade deal with the UK ? Is this a taste of what is to come ... One has to assume Mr Fox will do his work !

Fox has gone to earth !

Expatrick Sep 27th 2017 10:56 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12347824)
Fox has gone to earth !

Probably gone to find a friend, may be a while!

Lion in Winter Sep 27th 2017 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 007Steve (Post 1234735)
[/I]Whoever's right / wrong just remember that as Expat little-people there's nothing we can do about it.

Expats? We're immigrants, and in various countries around the world there are forum threads just like this one devoted to discussing how we should be controlled, how undesirable our foreign customs are, how many relatives we try to bring with us, and how it was better in the 1950s.

Bipat Sep 27th 2017 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12347837)
Expats? We're immigrants, and in various countries around the world there are forum threads just like this one devoted to discussing how we should be controlled, how undesirable our foreign customs are, how many relatives we try to bring with us, and how it was better in the 1950s.

Agree with you apart from the last one! :lol:

amideislas Sep 27th 2017 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12347818)

And all this time, I was of the impression Britain was embracing protectionism (except when others engage in it of course).

For those expecting the "special relationship" to "save" England Britain from itself, there's your sign.