Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Post EU Referendum

Post EU Referendum

Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:37 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Fortunately, she's as insignificant as any other. Wouldn't it be great if we could get politicians who have a clue? I reckon anyone that does have a clue... doesn't really want the job.
I think she is probably drunk most the time she is giving interviews. Obviously, one can't prove it but that's how it looks to me.

I am 100% d'accordo on it being great if we could get politicians with a clue, however, we currently seem to have a Foreign Sec who is a complete buffoon and a Shadow Home Sec who is utterly hopeless - if they are amongst the cream of the crop...........
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:39 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Is there s "Soubry" cartoon character? Or maybe "Scooby"? (misspelled).
Well, I for one, don't think she has a Scooby
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:48 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

We have to accept she said it - silly mare.

Big difference between a silly off-the-cuff comment and printed, published lies like 'The Bus' and the multiple occasions we were told by multiple people that we wouldn't even think about leaving the single market, and all the brown people in Farage's poster.

I can't think anyone would believe what she said and I actually know a couple of people who believed the 'NHS millions on the bus' lie (they're not the brightest) - and voted accordingly and now would vote differently.

Anyway it's all academic now - the leave side obviously had more and stronger lies.

Anyway - so both sides lied - that's a reason not to vote?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Anyway - so both sides lied - that's a reason not to vote?
It is for me.

I know I'm a bit weird on this but I have this exceptionally naive belief that I should be able to trust the people I vote for and I don't trust liars.

Lion has already pointed out to me that I have unrealistic expectations of our political class and the Lion is absolutely right on that - I agree with Lion from a head perspective but I sometimes let my heart rule the head.

You are also spot on that it's all academic now - time to make the best of a bad job methinks?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:45 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
It is for me.

I know I'm a bit weird on this but I have this exceptionally naive belief that I should be able to trust the people I vote for and I don't trust liars.

Lion has already pointed out to me that I have unrealistic expectations of our political class and the Lion is absolutely right on that - I agree with Lion from a head perspective but I sometimes let my heart rule the head.

You are also spot on that it's all academic now - time to make the best of a bad job methinks?
I agree that we have to make the best of what is a bad job.
But if you do not vote then have you not given up your right however small to influence events and comment on the end result .
Will you in any way be affected by what ever happens.?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It is for me.

But you weren't (or wouldn't have been) voting for people but rather for a concept.

No. It ain't over till the Fat Lady sings. I'd suggest that Theresa will lose the vestiges of her voice rather quickly (and needs to gain weight even more quickly).
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
But you weren't (or wouldn't have been) voting for people but rather for a concept.
yes but if people are lying how can I trust the concept?
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:42 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You either want the UK to remain or Not.
It's hardly a challenging concept.
We have had decades of debate on the subject and experience of the positives and negatives.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You never struck me as particularly stupid before.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:41 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
You never struck me as particularly stupid before.
thanks but you may be wrong on that
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:42 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

How could I feel superior on here when Eric keeps pointing out how thick I am?
Bollocks. In fact I've made a point in the past of saying the exact opposite.

I've never accused anyone of being thick on here, whether it's a fellow poster or a politician or other public figure. I studiously avoid such insults, unlike you and many others.

I have, occasionally, in the face of you persistently misrepresenting what I have posted or being presumptuous about what I might think or say, called your reading comprehension skills into question. I could call you a troll instead next time, if you prefer.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:46 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Bollocks. In fact I've made a point in the past of saying the exact opposite.

I've never accused anyone of being thick on here, whether it's a fellow poster or a politician or other public figure. I studiously avoid such insults, unlike you and many others.

I have, occasionally, in the face of you persistently misrepresenting what I have posted or being presumptuous about what I might think or say, called your reading comprehension skills into question. I could call you a troll instead next time, if you prefer.
Eric I am always disappointed when you sink to personal abuse as you are a highly intelligent man so would definitely not prefer you to call me a troll. You may need to studiously avoid insults a little bit harder though.

I do insult EMR as that's what he does to others so I think that's fair but I'd never call someone a knob on here like someone has done twice
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:51 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Eric I am always disappointed when you sink to personal abuse as you are a highly intelligent man so would definitely not prefer you to call me a troll. You may need to studiously avoid insults a little bit harder though.

I do insult EMR as that's what he does to others so I think that's fair but I'd never call someone a knob on here like someone has done twice
So, insulting someone because they do it to others is okay now, is it?

If EMR jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? And no, I don't want anyone to jump off any bridge unless they are securely attached to a professional bungee-jumping rig, where appropriate.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 9:59 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
If EMR jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?
No

And you have made me reflect and decide that I have more than made my point to EMR; therefore, I will stop acting like him as it isn't helpful.

Thanks for prodding me in the right direction
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:07 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I told you to knob off because you were indulging in an extended bout of trolling.

I later told you, when questioned, that it might, on rare occasions and under certain circumstances, be justifiable to call someone a knob.

On neither occasion did I actually call anyone a knob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.