British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

GeniB May 31st 2017 9:15 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12263470)
Are they Dutch carriers or Russian, though? I was probably a little unclear, obviously you'll see Russian made planes at airports outside Russia, but the operators (Cubana aside with their IL-96, and a few others) are almost exclusively Russian or ex-USSR nationality carriers.

They were hired from Russia to take 'stuff' to Afghanistan

SultanOfSwing May 31st 2017 9:20 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12263712)
They were hired from Russia to take 'stuff' to Afghanistan

Got it.

But yeah, I meant the operator rather than the aircraft being Russian/former USSR. Not uncommon to see the planes themselves. There used to be a Bulgarian airline that flew the Tu-154 into Belfast not too long ago, for example.

DaveLovesDee May 31st 2017 10:05 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12263720)
Got it.

But yeah, I meant the operator rather than the aircraft being Russian/former USSR. Not uncommon to see the planes themselves. There used to be a Bulgarian airline that flew the Tu-154 into Belfast not too long ago, for example.

They were probably Volga-Dnepr cargo airlines aircraft.

Likely to be either AN-124 or IL-76 types.

GeniB Jun 1st 2017 7:03 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12263720)
Got it.

But yeah, I meant the operator rather than the aircraft being Russian/former USSR. Not uncommon to see the planes themselves. There used to be a Bulgarian airline that flew the Tu-154 into Belfast not too long ago, for example.

Huge b****s aren't they :eek: Imagine those landing in Ibiza ,loaded with British tourists.. RUN... people run for your lives!!!!lol

SultanOfSwing Jun 1st 2017 9:22 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12263753)
They were probably Volga-Dnepr cargo airlines aircraft.

Likely to be either AN-124 or IL-76 types.

Yeah, they get around, I see pictures of their airliners all over the place.


Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12263922)
Huge b****s aren't they :eek: Imagine those landing in Ibiza ,loaded with British tourists.. RUN... people run for your lives!!!!lol

The Tu-154 isn't huge, it's basically a reverse-engineered Boeing 727. Small, tri-engined 150 seat type of a thing.

The huge one you saw in the Netherlands was probably one of these.

amideislas Jun 2nd 2017 7:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
No comment.

Finally, the ‘scaremongers’ of Brexit are being proved right

Dick Dasterdly Jun 2nd 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
MEPs using EU taxpayer cash on offices which do not exist | World | News | Express.co.uk

Annetje Jun 2nd 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Farage at work again ?

DaveLovesDee Jun 2nd 2017 10:31 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12264948)
Farage at work again ?

Have Farage, Nuttall and UKIP repaid the money, which was fraudulently spent by UKIP towards their 2015 GE campaign and Brexit.

But they're not the first UKIP MEPs who's been caught misusing EU money.

Dick Dasterdly Jun 2nd 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
As the Eu don't even check up on Meps expenses, it seems everyone is riding the gravy train, yet strangely only UKIP are the ones who concern you.

I would say that far from misusing, Farage and UKIP are the only ones to have used the funds for a worthwhile purpose and positive advantage, hence the referendum success.

Way past time you got over your sour grapes anyway, Dave.

It's so sad to see them still eating you away after all this time.

:(

DaveLovesDee Jun 3rd 2017 12:13 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12265001)
As the Eu don't even check up on Meps expenses, it seems everyone is riding the gravy train, yet strangely only UKIP are the ones who concern you.

I would say that far from misusing, Farage and UKIP are the only ones to have used the funds for a worthwhile purpose and positive advantage, hence the referendum success.

Way past time you got over your sour grapes anyway, Dave.

It's so sad to see them still eating you away after all this time.

:(

That purpose you call worthwhile was still against the rules.

I don't have sour grapes. I just dislike hypocrites.....

Thairetired2016 Jun 3rd 2017 4:31 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by GeniB (Post 12263466)
The British are known for wanting and talking about everything being 'cheap' Its a standing joke in the Netherlands.

And the Dutch travel with their own food when going on holiday camping. Germans joke about them being misers.

GeniB Jun 3rd 2017 6:39 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12265001)
As the Eu don't even check up on Meps expenses, it seems everyone is riding the gravy train, yet strangely only UKIP are the ones who concern you.

I would say that far from misusing, Farage and UKIP are the only ones to have used the funds for a worthwhile purpose and positive advantage, hence the referendum success.

Way past time you got over your sour grapes anyway, Dave.

It's so sad to see them still eating you away after all this time.

:(

Wasn't your whole antagonistic 'stance' on the EU and Brussels based on their flagrant mismanagement of your money ? Oh sorry... democracy in Dickland ..is reserved for only those you like...Get it now...

amideislas Jun 3rd 2017 7:35 am

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I figured Dick would probably be off sitting in the dark somewhere, licking his wounds.

But it's good to see he's still out there selling Brylcreem as if it never went out of style. Like those old farts selling pencils and keychains outside of high street shops.

We should probably drop a quid in his cup from time to time.

GeniB Jun 3rd 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12265075)
And the Dutch travel with their own food when going on holiday camping. Germans joke about them being misers.

LOL... They do indeed if they are in those damn camper vans . They wouldn't consider themselves 'misers' more frugal :unsure:


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:14 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.