British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Apr 4th 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12221554)
Yeah, but they're all foreigners. You really don't expect foreigners to become "exceptional" at anything, do you?

That was cold. One might almost say cold as ice.

Dick Dasterdly Apr 4th 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12221554)
Yeah, but they're all foreigners. You really don't expect foreigners to become "exceptional" at anything, do you?


Is that why Merkels throwing so many back out of her country ?

:cool:

EMR Apr 4th 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
Those who wear rose tinted brexit glasses should in addition to the terrible attack on an asylum seekers look at today's Algarve Daily News site.
A Portuguese woman and her child insulted and pelted with eggs by a group of racist morons who objected to them speaking Portuguese.
She is now too frightened to leave her home.
I bet these morons if they know how to vote did not vote remain.

amideislas Apr 4th 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12221572)
Is that why Merkels throwing so many back out of her country ?

:cool:

She's throwing everybody out? I hadn't seen anything about that, but wouldn't that leave Germany as a "ghost town"?

Oh, I get it... She leaves a handful of select people there that will vote for her. That'll make it a "dicktatership", right?

Clever, dick, clever.

EMR Apr 4th 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12221580)
She's throwing everybody out? I hadn't seen anything about that, but wouldn't that leave Germany as a "ghost town"?

Oh, I get it... She leaves a handful of select people there that will vote for her. That'll make it a "dicktatership", right?

Clever, dick, clever.

Is Dick referring to the 25 Afghans who have been deported ?
Or the 300,000 who have applied for asylum and whose cases are being reviewed and if rejected Germany would like to deport.
Difficult to know when he rarely posts any facts.

amideislas Apr 4th 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 
I was talking about foreigners. Dick said she's throwing them out. Since Germans are foreigners, I presume that means she's throwing everybody out.

But.. there's a diabolical plan...

Bipat Apr 4th 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12221556)
Average income in India is 1700dollars, hardly up to Western standards with the purchasing power to be of significant benefit to UK manufacturers of consumer goods.
10% of the population account for 30% of the total Indian income.
These are or should be our target market if tariff free access for our UK manufactured goods is agreed.

Two points, the general costs are lower than West, the other this is an average figure which will include the 20% who have virtually nothing, which will lower the average.

The top 10%, many will be buying their stuff abroad anyway.

The rest, the large and ever increasing millions of the middle class are the target market and they certainly live at Western standards.

Bipat Apr 4th 2017 7:48 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12221578)
Those who wear rose tinted brexit glasses should in addition to the terrible attack on an asylum seekers look at today's Algarve Daily News site.
A Portuguese woman and her child insulted and pelted with eggs by a group of racist morons who objected to them speaking Portuguese.
She is now too frightened to leave her home.
I bet these morons if they know how to vote did not vote remain.

Possibly didn't vote at all! That sort of person possibly may not have bothered to register to vote.

EMR Apr 4th 2017 8:03 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12221645)
Two points, the general costs are lower than West, the other this is an average figure which will include the 20% who have virtually nothing, which will lower the average.

The top 10%, many will be buying their stuff abroad anyway.

The rest, the large and ever increasing millions of the middle class are the target market and they certainly live at Western standards.

It was an Indian site that I got the info from.
But what does it know.

Bipat Apr 4th 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12221657)
It was an Indian site that I got the info from.
But what does it know.

I didn't argue with your figures.. I just pointed out because the cost of living is far lower they live at a higher standard than a Western person would on that income.
You possibly don't realise how poor are the very poor and that lowers the average.

The Billionaires travel and buy worldwide.

The middle class numbers are growing rapidly, and getting more purchasing power. You must have read about the recent demonetisation, and the amount of gold instantly bought. (Another point about the people who publish figures about income, it doesn't take into account the 'black economy').

The sort of numbers you posted vary with who collects them, but no question there is a vast middle class market for the UK to tap into with the right things.

Fredbargate Apr 4th 2017 8:36 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12220506)
Brexit and Gibraltar: May laughs off Spain 'war' talk - BBC News

Simple really,

Some of us believe in Democracy and self Determination.

Others clearly do not.

:cool:

Unfortunately Dick very few understand those words.

Fredbargate Apr 4th 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12221059)
With London set to lose Euro clearing business, worth $500 Billion a day, and potentially passporting rights to the EU, not to mention plenty of FDI, what gives you 'great confidence' that the City will do better outside the EU than an old cynic such as I might fear, morpeth ?

To who?

DaveLovesDee Apr 4th 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12221645)
Two points, the general costs are lower than West, the other this is an average figure which will include the 20% who have virtually nothing, which will lower the average.

The top 10%, many will be buying their stuff abroad anyway.

The rest, the large and ever increasing millions of the middle class are the target market and they certainly live at Western standards.

I'm curious.

Exactly what will Indians be able to buy from the UK with a free trade deal that they can't already buy now? Probably very little.

The only things that will likely change with a free trade deal will be the price. What are the usual tariffs on goods imported into India? India Central Excise Tariff. Some duties are as high as 150% of the item's cost, shipping and insurance?

morpeth Apr 4th 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12221550)
I'd suggest that Paris and Frankfurt will make it easy, and recruit the expertise after Brexit. London's one of the best because of the time, effort and money spent on getting it there.

There's a shitload of money for whoever does it right, in capital and in the disposable income of those working in the sector.

Try to form a company in 1 day for under five hundred pounds in France. Look at the financing both equity and debt that is done in London, as well as innovative credit swaps and similar arrangements. France, Germany and Italy would need a different mindset and regulatory system to come close the the advantages of London.

All I am saying is London will continue to be a world financial center, and this competitive advantage I assume the UK government will support even more after Brexit occurs.

iano Apr 4th 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum
 

Originally Posted by Fredbargate (Post 12221677)
To who?

Evening, Fred.

That's the average volume of daily business. It's a very lucrative business managing credit risk (clearing), and London has to date cornered around 70% of the Euro derivative swaps market.

Currently sensitive pre-Brexit talks, but rest assured moves are afoot...

All euro business should be moved from London after Brexit - top lawmaker | Reuters


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:59 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.