British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Post EU Referendum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/post-eu-referendum-879308/)

SultanOfSwing Mar 20th 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Post EU Referendum

Originally Posted by amideislas (Post 12208951)

If you look closely there's a rare example of real news making it into the Express in that image.

amideislas Mar 20th 2017 8:36 pm

Yes, the dress doesn't look bad.

Red Eric Mar 20th 2017 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12208889)
And Romania’s population is in steady decline. To all Romanians: Your Country Needs You! Since Romania is doing so well maybe all the beggars, illegal car washers and labourers working here on the black will go home to build up their home country and leave the UK to their own native tax-paying builders, of whom I know many. Or maybe they will go to Germany or Spain. Or Portugal. Or France.

Did you intend to make that sound as though you think Romanians have headed exclusively for the UK or have I inferred that incorrectly?

There's already quite a sizeable Romanian population in Portugal and as far as I'm aware no animosity about them being here. Mind you, I don't think there's generally any animosity towards them in the UK, although I suspect the assumption that they're all on the take or working in the shadow economy is far more prevalent than it ought to be for the actual incidence.

Red Eric Mar 20th 2017 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 12208864)
And what stops this being ill-informed media comment, as well - it is The Guardian after all.

Dreadful paper, full of fake rubbish. All that nonsense about phone hacking, Wikileaks, Panama Papers etc etc. Don't know how they've got the nerve to carry on, to be quite honest.

Have you seen the latest?

British banks handled vast sums of laundered Russian money

Exclusive: Billions of dollars were moved out of Russia in ‘Global Laundromat’ operation, with anonymously owned UK companies playing major role
I mean, who's going to believe that kind of shit about the UK?

Dick Dasterdly Mar 20th 2017 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by la mancha (Post 12208757)
Happy Birthday Vera Lynn, one hundred today, and a new album due out this week.

Especially for our Ami, ;)

Kind of appropriate at this present time, methinks.

:teeth_smile:

amideislas Mar 20th 2017 9:51 pm

Dick, I'm truly flattered that I intimidate you so much.

DaveLovesDee Mar 20th 2017 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12208992)
Have you seen the latest?

British banks handled vast sums of laundered Russian money

I mean, who's going to believe that kind of shit about the UK?

From one dodgy country to another :p

Novocastrian Mar 20th 2017 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12209030)
From one dodgy country to another :p

But the City is an essential Crown for the EU and must be preserved as the Centre of the Financial Universe.

Or not.

Dick Dasterdly Mar 21st 2017 12:02 am

http://www.globalresearch.ca/corrupt...ations/5543935

Corruption in the European Union: Scandals in Banking, Fraud and Secretive TTIP Negotiations

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...illion-scandal

DEUTSCHE BANK’S $10-BILLION SCANDAL
How a scheme to help Russians secretly funnel money offshore unravelled.

Red Eric Mar 21st 2017 12:29 am

Careful Dick.

You don't want to go upsetting your handlers ;)

Dick Dasterdly Mar 21st 2017 12:30 am

How does Germany contribute to NATO? | Germany | DW.COM | 20.03.2017

Interesting map shows which countries are pulling their weight and which are letting the side down.

Only the UK, the not so well off Poland and little Estonia are doing there bit.

Disappointing to see some of the better off countries still not prepared to meet their obligations.

:cool:

Dick Dasterdly Mar 21st 2017 12:45 am

Spain, Italy, Greece & Portugal owe massive debt of €1 trillion to ECB | World | News | Express.co.uk

"EURO states owe the European Central Bank (ECB) a staggering €1trillion as they teeter on the verge of bankruptcy amid warnings a debt bubble is on the horizon."

:thumbdown:

Assanah Mar 21st 2017 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 12208981)
Did you intend to make that sound as though you think Romanians have headed exclusively for the UK or have I inferred that incorrectly?

There's already quite a sizeable Romanian population in Portugal and as far as I'm aware no animosity about them being here. Mind you, I don't think there's generally any animosity towards them in the UK, although I suspect the assumption that they're all on the take or working in the shadow economy is far more prevalent than it ought to be for the actual incidence.

There is also a big community of Romanians in Germany. Bigger than the one in the UK. They doing quite well in Germany thank you.

amideislas Mar 21st 2017 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 12209106)
Spain, Italy, Greece & Portugal owe massive debt of €1 trillion to ECB | World | News | Express.co.uk

"EURO states owe the European Central Bank (ECB) a staggering €1trillion as they teeter on the verge of bankruptcy amid warnings a debt bubble is on the horizon."

:thumbdown:

End of EU! Germany, France, and Poland vote to join North Korea and pledge allegiance to Kim Jong-un | World | News | Express.co.uk

Fredbargate Mar 21st 2017 7:55 am

BBC risks undermining Brexit and damaging UK with 'pessimistic and skewed' coverage, 70 MPs warn

BBC risks undermining Brexit and damaging UK with 'pessimistic and skewed' coverage, 70 MPs warn

I'm sure I have mentioned this before and received biased responses.