Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:25 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Hey! I used to enjoy my Wetherspoon pints in New Brighton and I'm not foaming! Not last time I looked, anyway.
Sorry, that came off badly. I too have enjoyed the odd pint at a Wetherspoons. The reference was more aimed at Tim Martin and his loyal Brexiteer brigade who listen to him spout anti-EU diatribes on his pub tour. He exerts way more influence than he should.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:27 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

"Penal servitude" is an anagram of "adventure piles" if that helps?
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! I used to enjoy my Wetherspoon pints in New Brighton and I'm not foaming! Not last time I looked, anyway.
The owner of Spoons foams a lot, the customers are a mixed bag, like everywhere. My son goes there for cheap breakfasts with friends sometimes. It was evacuated the other day because someone set the kitchen on fire. That has to be symbolic of something, but I'm not sure exactly what.

Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Sorry, that came off badly. I too have enjoyed the odd pint at a Wetherspoons. The reference was more aimed at Tim Martin and his loyal Brexiteer brigade who listen to him spout anti-EU diatribes on his pub tour. He exerts way more influence than he should.
It's ok, I was only pulling your leg We were probably 'once a monthers' at Wethspoons and I had some great chats there with the locals, not about politics though.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

"47 years of penal servitude" says Mogg. What a moron. We've been one of key members in building and shaping the EU throughout that time.
Don't worry Shard. If the target audience are as unsophisticated and unintelligent as you continue to claim, none of them will understand an archaic term like "penal servitude".
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:32 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Moron is just my frustration coming out. I agree he is completely aware of his odious and subversive tactics. There will be many foaming Wetherspoon types buying straight into this kind of false narrative.
Bunch of frightful oiks, the vote should be removed from them.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Snuffle snuffle oink oink.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
"Penal servitude" is an anagram of "adventure piles" if that helps?
It can't hurt.

Or maybe it can.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:34 pm

This has aleady been cleared up. No need to wade in and inflame.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It can't hurt.

Or maybe it can.
Getting your piles fixed is a painful adventure according to scouse.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:51 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

This has aleady been cleared up. No need to wade in and inflame.

Come on now, we know anything written here can never be "cleared up" - I've seen you guys pulling people up on an off the cuff remark from several years ago. My little stalkers do it daily to me.

Shard clearly has little time for the "simpletons" who partake in the delights of 'spoons, these are the little people whose lack of education and liberal values you guys are so disgusted at. They should be made to vote again till they get it right.

The fact that your son does a little bit of class tourism whilst studying, sluming with the lower orders for a while, hardly disguises your disgust of the place. Even a kitchen fire says something about the place, ownership and clientele to you - the wrong type of people.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:52 pm
Concierge

The owner of Spoons foams a lot, the customers are a mixed bag, like everywhere. My son goes there for cheap breakfasts with friends sometimes. It was evacuated the other day because someone set the kitchen on fire. That has to be symbolic of something, but I'm not sure exactly what.
It's tempting to think the symbolism has something to do with well deserved retribution, but I think it was probably because they hadn't changed the cooking oil for 3 years.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:54 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

:
Shard clearly has little time for the "simpletons" who partake in the delights of 'spoons, these are the little people whose lack of education and liberal values you guys are so disgusted at. They should be made to vote again till they get it right.
Disgusted is too strong a word, and I don't think they need to vote again, quite the contrary.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 5:11 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... Well, I've no wish to enrage or awaken from the depths The Bargate, but there's.... Gibraltar.
Which was never an EU member in it's own right, so never had a say in the EU's official languages.

Symbolic of a lack fire prevention.......
Old Mar 10th 2019, 5:19 pm

It's tempting to think the symbolism has something to do with well deserved retribution, but I think it was probably because they hadn't changed the cooking oil for 3 years.
That's what gives the chips that special flavour.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.