Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:06 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

May's face and voice are changing ... Very powerfull she still stands there and answers questions but I think she lost this battle.
Why is she fighting a lost cause ? Painful to watch.

ERG are having a very noisy meeting nextdoor.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:07 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
May's face and voice are changing ... Very powerfull she still stands there and answers questions but I think she lost this battle.
Why is she fighting a lost cause ? Painful to watch.

ERG are having a very noisy meeting nextdoor.
It's because she is a robot. Such a lost cause at this point. Someone take her batteries out.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Well, yes he should have. I think it does at least give the lie to the idea that this has all been some kind of intricately engineered right wing coup d'état though. The majority of politicians have always been reactive opportunists rather than grand, large scale forward planners.
Was that an idea? I thought that this looked pretty clearly to be the result of political expediency and opportunism by Cameron, Farage, etc with others piling on as they saw opportunity to gain power and influence (Smog and Boris, anyone?) out of the confusion. They've all been making it up as they go along for some time. None of them care about the good of the UK one bit. I'm sure all their investments are sheltered.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:10 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Was that an idea? I thought that this looked pretty clearly to be the result of political expediency and opportunism by Cameron, Farage, etc with others piling on as they saw opportunity to gain power and influence (Smog and Boris, anyone?) out of the confusion. They've all been making it up as they go along for some time. None of them care about the good of the UK one bit. I'm sure all their investments are sheltered.
+1
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone should take care to safeguard their investments. I know I'm happy with where my money is.

They are all making it up as they go along - including Labour, the SNP and all the other showers of shite.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:19 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
SNP will push a 2RF in any circumstance. In a way, a PV that keeps the UK in the EU, and thetefthe Scotland in the EU, will take much wind out of their sails. With Scotland in the EU and 5 years of refendum fatigue, there either won't be another Scottish one, or there will be a repeat of the last result . Either way, not a factor in the potential PV.
Agreed, but in politics we can never rule anything out. And yes there are many things that don't add up with the SNP's independence in name only dreams that make it likely they'll just get the same result as before. But you never know....
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:23 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone should take care to safeguard their investments. I know I'm happy with where my money is.
Yep. Same here
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

They are all making it up as they go along - including Labour, the SNP and all the other showers of shite.
Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Yep. Same here
Some people don't have that opportunity, nor do they have investments. You know, the "ordinary people" that Brexit was supposed to help. They are entirely dependent on the UK economy and don't have a cushion to survive downturns until we all get to those sunlit upturns.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Nov 15th 2018 at 1:54 pm. Reason: Grammar nazi
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:51 pm

I see Smog has now put the knife in, calling for a vote of no confidence.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 1:56 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Some people don't have that opportunity, nor do they have investments. You know, the "ordinary people" that Brexit was supposed to help. They are entirely dependent on the UK economy and don't have a cushion to survive downturns until we all get to those sunlit upturns.
They haven't taken responsibility for their own financial well-being? Well you know what they can do then, don't you?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 2:29 pm
Banned

It's very difficult to start off and have a fair go in the UK these days. The poor have got poorer and the rich have got richer and there is a super rich class. Thirty years ago it was different. It was easy to get on the housing ladder and before all the cheap credit most people were able to put savings away, and there were heaps of good, fairly well paying jobs to choose from. But that has all changed now. New house building hasn't kept up with the UKs rapidly growing population resulting in un-affordable housing (unless you want to cram 15 to a house), and wage compression from a workforce used to earning less have resulted in, zero hours contacts and pay rates that haven't changed much in 20 years. It's survival of the fittest out there. People are suffering now and the claim that they will suffer more come a no deal Brexit is a load of twaddle. Business confidence is high and despite all the uncertainties, office and business space is still selling like hot cakes, demand immediately soaking it up. Reductions to open door immigration will encourage housing affordability and will increase worker demand against supply - resulting in better working contracts and higher salaries. The result will be people will be better off and have increased opportunities to put something aside for a rainy day or to invest.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:09 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the popcorn handy, May will give press conference in 50 min ...

Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:13 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Keep the popcorn handy, May will give press conference in 50 min ...<br /><br /><br />
Will have to cook up a new batch !

May logic: the public voted for Brexit, we can't deliver it (too damaging) so let's shoot ourselves in the foot instead.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:16 pm
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Will have to cook up a new batch !

May logic: the public voted for Brexit, we can't deliver it (too damaging) so let's shoot ourselves in the foot instead.
We'll need a fresh batch of Conservatives as well I think.
About 10 of them have resigned today and it's not even dark yet.
Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:23 pm
Preparing to move again

One of the reactions from the EU

Top mischief from Donald Tusk. He tells reporters in Brussels: "The EU is prepared for a final deal with the United Kingdom in November. "We are also prepared for a no-deal scenario but of course we are best prepared for a no-Brexit scenario." NO-BREXIT SCENARIO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.