Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Old Oct 24th 2018, 5:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Politics of Chequers, No Deal, etc

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
What did he do ?

He spoke in a rational manner, using actual information and facts, and furthermore he suggested that perhaps the sunlit uplands will not be the final outcome of this mess, that we might, gasp, return.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 9:58 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

That's going smoothly ... No trade deals AND no WTO

Members block the UK's bid to fast-track its post-Brexit entry into the World Trade Organisation, says Liam Fox | City A.M.

Read somewhere else that Russia and USA are involved (amongst others).
Old Oct 25th 2018, 10:43 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post

Members block the UK's bid to fast-track its post-Brexit entry into the World Trade Organisation, says Liam Fox City A.M.

Probably. The US, Moldova and New Zealand have already blocked the UK from joining the Government Procurement Agreement through the WTO. It's currently a member as part of the EU, but needs to finalise it's own agreement prior to Brexit. Moldova's representative and her team were refused UK trade visas last year,

“I couldn’t get a visa and a diplomatic passport to go to London to negotiate on government procurement,” Cojocaru said in a telephone interview. “Nobody listened to us for six to seven months.
Aint karma a bitch......
Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:14 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Members block the UK's bid to fast-track its post-Brexit entry into the World Trade Organisation, says Liam Fox City A.M.
It''s because they're all frightened of the UK's immense clout in world affairs... (In his dreams)
Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:37 am
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Probably. The US, Moldova and New Zealand have already blocked the UK from joining the Government Procurement Agreement through the WTO. It's currently a member as part of the EU, but needs to finalise it's own agreement prior to Brexit. Moldova's representative and her team were refused UK trade visas last year,

Aint karma a bitch......
HO being ''super efficient'' ?

And this is going nowhere soon neither

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nFg_Qc0NAGF8oY

My my what a mess ! Yes CB a messy shambles !
Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:42 am
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
It''s because they're all frightened of the UK's immense clout in world affairs... (In his dreams)
I think it has all to do with the UK taking their share off the EU deals and other countries not agreeing with that, but I am out of my league here.
Powerfull countries objecting.

On a side note, I read about the Russians in the Daily Express
Reading a few comments, it's all the fault of the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels
No worries though, Foxy is ''on the case''.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:50 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has all to do with the UK taking their share off the EU deals and other countries not agreeing with that, but I am out of my league here.
Powerfull countries objecting.

On a side note, I read about the Russians in the Daily Express
Reading a few comments, it's all the fault of the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels
No worries though, Foxy is ''on the case''.
Fox is perhaps the one member of the cabinet that I hold in even lower esteem than the Maybot. At least she is probably, deep down, aware of her incompetence; Fox has no clue.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 11:07 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, all the UK is trying to do is replicate the exact same schedules as it has via it's membership of the EU.

And if it's going to be this bad over replicating something we already have, negotiating trade deals will be interesting.

Everybody wants something from the UK. Easy pickings....
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:39 am
Preparing to move again

Ahhh, an agreement ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...6cA6X7uHj7-xUM

The services deal would give UK companies access to European markets as long as British financial regulation remained broadly aligned with the EU’s, it said.

Taking back control (Better than nothing I suppose)
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:40 am
So long...

Ahhh, an agreement ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...6cA6X7uHj7-xUM

The services deal would give UK companies access to European markets as long as British financial regulation remained broadly aligned with the EU’s, it said.

Taking back control (Better than nothing I suppose)
Have they defined what broadly- aligned will cover?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:05 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Following the same rules we do now, but we can pretend that they are " our " rules
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:13 am
Preparing to move again

I thought Chequers didn't mention ''Services'' ?
Does that mean May's my deal or no deal is getting flexible ?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:14 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
Following the same rules we do now, but we can pretend that they are " our " rules
Not quite EMR.

It's our choice and our decision to continue following the same rules as we have done. For now anyway.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:16 am
Preparing to move again

Hmmm, whatever the EU wants I think
There's no limit to the amount of U-turns.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:16 am
Preparing to move again

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Not quite EMR.

It's our choice and our decision to continue following the same rules as we have done. For now anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.