Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Polanski arrested

Polanski arrested

Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:26 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polanski arrested

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
I'd guess he's probably cutting his dick off now -- just to be safe, you know.
What pisses me off is that you can't even discuss these things without being accused of (1) condoning sex with minors or (2) being a pervert yourself. FFS.

Polanski is an offender. That is quite clear. What did or did not happen between him and Geimer is unclear. There is a great deal of disparity between the original accusations and her later recantation. Either way, it isn't a matter of pedophilia.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:27 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66 View Post
Polanski wasn't convicted of any of the things that you mention in that post so your argument falls apart right there. His actual conviction was most definitely based on the "age of consent" question. Bladerunner pointed out that a specific "age of consent" wasn't concretely defined worldwide. He also stated that there were different levels of severity with regards to sex crimes involving minors. These are very reasonable and accurate observations but you flipped your wig and basically accused Bladerunner of being a pedophile. Not cool.

That is the truth. You can't handle it.
My response was to bladerunner, not with specific reference to polanski so my argument can't fall apart.
He wrongly stated a fact that I called him out on, hardly flipping my wig.
And I called him a pedophile in the making, because by his own hand he intimated that it was ok to be sexually attracted to a 13 year old, and that is not cool.

It seems you and FB have a little thing against me now. I just may have to go in to the corner and cry a little,

No wait, I don't care what you think, just as you don't care what I think, these are my opinions supported by facts, it's not my fault if you can't see that.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What pisses me off is that you can't even discuss these things without being accused of (1) condoning sex with minors or (2) being a pervert yourself. FFS.
That's so true.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:28 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Polanski because his story brings out all the right wing, sexually repressed nut jobs to start fantasizing in only the way someone with the brain of peon could. I see they've all gathered here. Perhaps we could have a collective noun for them? A shame of peons? An excuse of peons?

Polanski plead guilty to "unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. It's California Penal Code Section 261.5 -- Go and look up the maximum penalties for this crime and then you can post them here. I'm not going to do it for you since you won't learn anything then and will continue to believe what you watch on the TV.
He admitted to getting a 13 year old girl drunk and high, then anally raping her - were not exactly talking about someone knocking one out over pictures of hannah montanna.
To be honest I don't think you have to be sexually repressed to find that pretty repugnant behaviour.

Polanski's ability to make interesting movies, and the length of time from the committing of the crime are largely irrelevant imo, as are his or his supporters political opinions.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas View Post
My response was to bladerunner, not with specific reference to polanski so my argument can't fall apart.
And I called him a pedophile in the making, because by his own hand he intimated that it was ok to be sexually attracted to a 13 year old, and that is not cool.

It seems you and FB have a little thing against me now. I just may have to go in to the corner and cry a little,

No wait, I don't care what you think, just as you don't care what I think, these are my opinions supported by facts, it's not my fault if you can't see that.
What facts?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:32 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
What facts?
WTF, how many links to wiki articles and dictionary definitions do i need to post?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WTF, how many links to wiki articles and dictionary definitions do i need to post?
I'm still very unclear on your 'facts', I'm afraid.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:35 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Polanski is an offender. That is quite clear. What did or did not happen between him and Geimer is unclear. There is a great deal of disparity between the original accusations and her later recantation. Either way, it isn't a matter of pedophilia.
She explained what happened. He agreed with her account and pleaded guilty.
Then he gave her some cash years later and she became less forthcoming about what happened.
Hmm - I wonder what happened there.

I wonder how many people prepared to turn a blind eye to Polanski's deed would be prepared to act as character witnesses for Gary Glitter (I don't believe that the "leader of the gang" drugged any of his "conquests") ??

Last edited by BigDavyG; Oct 1st 2009 at 2:37 am.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG View Post
He admitted to getting a 13 year old girl drunk and high, then anally raping her - were not exactly talking about someone knocking one out over pictures of hannah montanna.
To be honest I don't think you have to be sexually repressed to find that pretty repugnant behaviour.

Polanski's ability to make interesting movies, and the length of time from the committing of the crime are largely irrelevant imo, as are his or his supporters political opinions.
He admitted in court to sex with a minor -- nothing more, nothing less. I have no idea what happened that night.

I agree that his career and friends are totally irrelevant.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:55 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Because an adult who is sexually attracted to a post-pubescent 13 year old is NOT a paedophile.
It's fairly typical of you (and you're persistent, I'll give you that) that you've managed to sidetrack the discussion into an argument over obscure, technical, nuances of the word "paedophile".

Tell you what, let's clear the decks. He's a nonce. Now hang him.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG View Post
He admitted to getting a 13 year old girl drunk and high, then anally raping her -
Can you show me where he admitted these things? As far as I can remember the only thing he ever admitted to was having sex with a minor.

were not exactly talking about someone knocking one out over pictures of hannah montanna.

His behavior is repugnant. I will agree with that.

There have always been several problems with the case. There wasn't sufficient proof to try Polanski on the more serious charges hence the plea agreement. It was only after public outcry (largely based on the sentiment that Polanski was somehow betraying the memory of Sharon Tate) that the judge chose to renege on that agreement. As an aside, I don't believe there were rape shield laws in place in California so the trial would have been humiliating and potentially cast Geimer and her mother in an unflattering light. The defense's position was always that the girl wanted to be there and the mother had pretty much offered her daughter up to Polanski. At this point, I don't see how anything other than the original conviction can possibly stand because Geimer has recanted. So, the question isn't really about what he did or did not do, but rather is it worth the expense it would take to revisit the whole matter in court? At this point it's all academic because he has been arrested and he will be extradited and undoubtedly be brought up on the original charges as well as any additional charges for flight from prosecution.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:58 am
WTF?

I don't have anything against you. I don't even know who you are. I'm trying to have a conversation here. If that makes you cry ... well, I'm sorry to hear that.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:01 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

This is quite interesting -- the grand jury testimony:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...skicover1.html

Note: the grand jury is there to show there's a case to answer, and is not the case itself. Generally, the defense plays no part in the proceedings.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:01 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

He clearly committed an offence and skipped bail to avoid punishment for that offence; everything else is mear detail. Send him back to America and let them deal with him.

I can't believe that so many people defend this old perv, you should take a hard look at yourselves.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 3:02 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
It's fairly typical of you (and you're persistent, I'll give you that) that you've managed to sidetrack the discussion into an argument over obscure, technical, nuances of the word "paedophile".

Tell you what, let's clear the decks. He's a nonce. Now hang him.
And it fairly common for you to come in and make it about me....like the good little student you are. But it really isn't about me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.