Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

I'm going to be visiting or travelling through four red states in the next few weeks. Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it. Fortunately neither Texas nor Florida is one of them.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
I'm going to be visiting or travelling through four red states in the next few weeks. Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it. Fortunately neither Texas nor Florida is one of them.
Is AZ one of them? It's only 'half crazy' here! I do still see masks in grocery stores. But I've canceled my gym membership and I'm heading back to the safety of CA this Friday ...
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Is AZ one of them? It's only 'half crazy' here! I do still see masks in grocery stores. But I've canceled my gym membership and I'm heading back to the safety of CA this Friday ...
No, likely Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Nebraska. Hopefully only a day in each of Idaho and Wyoming, which is just as well given their current COVID stats.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Sep 22nd 2021 at 7:14 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 9:49 am
Frequently deleted!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
My mother in law had her first AZ shot at the local pharmacy. According to her pharmacy account they are using the names
CHADOX1-S [RECOMBINANT] Trade name: COVISHIELD COVID-19 VACC

That was recorded in April.
My stepdaughter & husband in the UK were just told AZ, only later did they check the batch numbers against the news reports & find out they had received the Indian version.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
My stepdaughter & husband in the UK were just told AZ, only later did they check the batch numbers against the news reports & find out they had received the Indian version.

It has been suggested that it is a mistrust of the vaccination certificates that is the problem. If so it would have saved 'ill feeling' if the UK Government had said so.

Apparently the certificates can be easily be verified --see end of first link.
Fake vaccine certificates has been a problem in many countries.

Covishield: India outcry over UK not recognising jab - BBC News

Fake Covid vaccine and test certificate market is growing, researchers say | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 4:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 22nd 2021, 5:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
"A Texas couple wore face masks at a restaurant to protect their immunocompromised infant. The owner asked them to leave"

Ok, the owner's right, presumably
"part of the dress code"

I remember when the debates about "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" began and people used to say private businesses can set what rules they like.

"Can they?" I used to wonder. They can require that people give up their first born on entry? Wear their left shoe on their right foot and vice versa? Can you be denied access for, say, wearing a poppy or a ribbon for whatever 'cause' is current?

I'm fairly sure they can't deny service to a disabled person. If there's a law that says a customer has to be 20 to drink alcohol, can the owner of a restaurant say "it's my business I'll serve them if I want" or, conversely, refuse to serve the 20 year old because they believe the law should say age 25?

Possibly in this case the owner is discriminating against the disabled baby?
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
"part of the dress code"

I remember when the debates about "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" began and people used to say private businesses can set what rules they like.

"Can they?" I used to wonder. They can require that people give up their first born on entry? Wear their left shoe on their right foot and vice versa? Can you be denied access for, say, wearing a poppy or a ribbon for whatever 'cause' is current?

I'm fairly sure they can't deny service to a disabled person. If there's a law that says a customer has to be 20 to drink alcohol, can the owner of a restaurant say "it's my business I'll serve them if I want" or, conversely, refuse to serve the 20 year old because they believe the law should say age 25?

Possibly in this case the owner is discriminating against the disabled baby?
One of the legal arguments that the Biden Administration is using against DeSantis’ school mask ban is that it is discriminatory against disabled people.
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 9:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't make it up, etc.

"DeSantis names doctor opposed to masks and vaccine mandates as Florida’s surgeon general."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...box=1632332219
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian police seek man who allegedly punched nurse for vaccinating his wife
Police in the Canadian province of Quebec are searching for a man they suspect of punching a nurse in the face for giving his wife a Covid-19 vaccine without his consent, a police spokesman said on Wednesday.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:23 pm
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

From a recent anti-COVID protest in Vancouver, Canada

Old Sep 27th 2021, 10:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Do you think she might have lost her sense of proportion a little?

Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:23 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I'd suggest that lady has never known true loss.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Do you think she might have lost her sense of proportion a little?
The Qultists are now freaking out that they may have to have a blood transfusion, and that blood may come from a vaccinated person! Makes you wonder who exactly is living in fear!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 12:48 am
If I only had a brain

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
The Qultists are now freaking out that they may have to have a blood transfusion, and that blood may come from a vaccinated person! Makes you wonder who exactly is living in fear!
The ones living in the most fear do seem to be the ones complaining about how its everyone else living in fear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.