Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

The New Conservative Age - a good thing?

The New Conservative Age - a good thing?

Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:39 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The New Conservative Age - a good thing?

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
The larger part of conservative posters on BE. How many is that do you reckon? 2? 3?

...There's hardly any conservative posters left on BE.
As someone else said you are so far to the right that even self proclaimed lifelong Conservative voters are leftists in your mind.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:49 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It should be known, if you don't already know, that the Proud Boys claim to be "Western Chauvinists" they say they are neither racist not homophobic, misogyny is the one area they don't shy from, as they do not allow women members. They have male members (oo err missus) from a variety of backgrounds.
Gavin Mcinnes infamously shoved a dildo up his bum, to own the libs.
of course the only people to believe them are others who have also adopted the "I'm not racist, I just support the other racists and racist policy" strategy. Who could that be on BE?
McInnis has expressed his strategy of violence as a political tool, but to also distance themselves from certain areas of their core beliefs, as a strategy.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 7:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
It should be known, if you don't already know, that the Proud Boys claim to be "Western Chauvinists" they say they are neither racist not homophobic, misogyny is the one area they don't shy from, as they do not allow women members. They have male members (oo err missus) from a variety of backgrounds.
Gavin Mcinnes infamously shoved a dildo up his bum, to own the libs.
of course the only people to believe them are others who have also adopted the "I'm not racist, I just support the other racists and racist policy" strategy. Who could that be on BE?
McInnis has expressed his strategy of violence as a political tool, but to also distance themselves from certain areas of their core beliefs, as a strategy.

So that whole "Jews will not replace us" thing with his buddies at Charlottesville was just a misunderstanding then, yeah?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 7:16 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
So that whole "Jews will not replace us" thing with his buddies at Charlottesville was just a misunderstanding then, yeah?
"Dues will not fully fund us". it was an appeal for sponsorship from the people at Tiki.

It was Charlottesville and its fall out that got McInnis to double down on his duplicity of not being alt-right

Last edited by kimilseung; Oct 4th 2020 at 7:19 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 12:16 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this, it's a few days old and covers an arrest in August. It may have already been covered back then, but I think it's still worth a reminder.

Police arrest far-right protester who pointed gun at Portland rally

Portland Police have arrested a far-right protester and member of the Proud Boys who pointed a gun at antifascist protesters on Aug. 22 in downtown Portland.Alan James Swinney, 50, is being held in the Multnomah County Jail on multiple assault charges, pointing a firearm at another, unlawful use of a weapon and unlawful use of tear gas, stun gun or mace.

Photographs and video from the Aug. 22 rally outside the Multnomah County Justice Center depict Swinney pointing a revolver at a crowd of counterprotesters. Many far-right protesters at the event used weapons such as paintball guns and baseball bats to assault opposing protesters, though there was no police intervention that day due to staffing shortages, police have said.
I wonder, if it had been the anti-fascist protesters or BLM that had been threatening violence, would there have been Police available.....
Old Oct 7th 2020, 11:22 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Golden Dawn leader and ex-MPs found guilty in landmark trial
A Greek court has delivered an overwhelming conviction against Golden Dawn, finding the neo-fascist party guilty of operating a criminal gang that brutally targeted opponents under the guise of being a political group.

At the end of a trial launched more than five years ago, the three-member tribunal headed by presiding judge Maria Lepenioti, announced that seven of Golden Dawn’s leaders were culpable of directing the deadly organisation. Others were found guilty of the lesser charge of participating in the criminal gang.
Lovely thing, this age of new conservatism.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 11:44 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Is there a new dawn? Is it attracting the wrong people?
No, I don't think so.

I think that younger generations are far more tolerant, they haven't grown up in apartheid or homosexuality being illegal. We've grown up in times of real change and progress, where it's not OK to slap her bum in the office and cop a feel, it's not OK to call someone a 'poofter' or to discriminate because they're a different colour or religion. We are more tolerant as a group. We're more global, more connected, more forward thinking and accepting.

The best bit of all of it? Whilst we aren't a perfect bunch, we're starting to outnumber the Boomers. That's where a lot of intolerance sits - I see it with my parents and definitely with my late Grandmother. They know it's wrong but they still blame things on groups based on characteristics.

Anyway, I think there are disillusioned youth across Europe and America who are frustrated with things, but christ, we must remember that in the lifetimes of some of the older folks they've progressed a huge amount, they've driven society forwards and not all of them like it or are happy about it. The more each generation presses on, the better. The less we let old-fashioned thinking affect the future, the better.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
No, I don't think so.

I think that younger generations are far more tolerant, they haven't grown up in apartheid or homosexuality being illegal. We've grown up in times of real change and progress, where it's not OK to slap her bum in the office and cop a feel, it's not OK to call someone a 'poofter' or to discriminate because they're a different colour or religion. We are more tolerant as a group. We're more global, more connected, more forward thinking and accepting.

The best bit of all of it? Whilst we aren't a perfect bunch, we're starting to outnumber the Boomers. That's where a lot of intolerance sits - I see it with my parents and definitely with my late Grandmother. They know it's wrong but they still blame things on groups based on characteristics.

Anyway, I think there are disillusioned youth across Europe and America who are frustrated with things, but christ, we must remember that in the lifetimes of some of the older folks they've progressed a huge amount, they've driven society forwards and not all of them like it or are happy about it. The more each generation presses on, the better. The less we let old-fashioned thinking affect the future, the better.
Excuuuuse me, but some of that generation you are disparaging were on the front lines of the battle against racism, sexism, homophobia, and general intolerance. They actually had to grow up in that atmosphere and overcome it. They set you up for how you now live. You yourself say this in your second paragraph, so enough of talking people down just because of their age. It's no better to look down on old people than it is to look down on young people, and many of the far right ***** in the public eye now are your generation. So there For a better world, we need to drastically cut down on the "us and them". Judge people by what they do, not by some random demographic.

Here endeth the lesson.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't think so.

Sorry to spoil your warm and fuzzy feeling but it's not at all as simple as that.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...o-woke/598783/
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

For a better world, we need to drastically cut down on the "us and them". Judge people by what they do, not by some random demographic.
Wow! Awesome! So does this mean you're ditching identify politics?
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:53 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Excuuuuse me, but some of that generation you are disparaging were on the front lines of the battle against racism, sexism, homophobia, and general intolerance. They actually had to grow up in that atmosphere and overcome it. They set you up for how you now live. You yourself say this in your second paragraph, so enough of talking people down just because of their age. It's no better to look down on old people than it is to look down on young people, and many of the far right ***** in the public eye now are your generation. So there For a better world, we need to drastically cut down on the "us and them". Judge people by what they do, not by some random demographic.

Here endeth the lesson.
I didn't mean it to be like, which is why I tried to give credit where it's due. It was more of a - look at how the world's changing and views are changing, each new generation is going to be more tolerant and more disgusted with what WAS normal in recent lifetimes.

Mind you, I think we'll just find new ways to hate each other.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 1:02 pm

I didn't mean it to be like, which is why I tried to give credit where it's due. It was more of a - look at how the world's changing and views are changing, each new generation is going to be more tolerant and more disgusted with what WAS normal in recent lifetimes.

Mind you, I think we'll just find new ways to hate each other.

The struggle never ends We just have to make sure that it's two steps forward and one step back, rather than one step forward and two steps back. Bit by bit...
Old Oct 7th 2020, 1:29 pm
Fair and balanced

No, we're starting to outnumber the Boomers..
You just need a woopin'
It is nice that the World in many ways has caught up with me, and others of my age like me, and for many what is now normal to say and think was, back in the day, unorthodox, but, I am like everyone on a life journey, and I learn and change everyday. Gender issues are compartivley new to me. I'd also say it took me being married, living with a woman day to day for me to see life through a woman's lens, even though I thought I knew, I didn't. It will be interesting to see how those being born today see the World in 20 years, issues I hadn't even considered. Maybe then, I will feel like a boomer.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 1:33 pm

You just need a woopin'
It is nice that the World in many ways has caught up with me, and others of my age like me, and for many what is now normal to say and think was, back in the day, unorthodox, but, I am like everyone on a life journey, and I learn and change everyday. Gender issues are compartivley new to me. I'd also say it took me being married, living with a woman day to day for me to see life through a woman's lens, even though I thought I knew, I didn't. It will be interesting to see how those being born today see the World in 20 years, issues I hadn't even considered. Maybe then, I will feel like a boomer.
Yeah. Half the time I feel a LOT more radical and in need of creating change than people a lot younger. That doesn't just stop because the years roll by.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 4:55 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

...Gender issues are compartivley new to me. I'd also say it took me being married, living with a woman day to day for me to see life through a woman's lens, even though I thought I knew, I didn't. ...
Strange creatures, women. I knew one once... striking-looking girl... tall, you know... father was a banker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.