Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

moving back to the uk don't come here

moving back to the uk don't come here

Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

pireland is on a distinguished road
Default moving back to the uk don't come here

Just last night I glanced out the living room window and noticed a gang of youths urinating in my garden. As I opened the front door, they didn't even blink an eye and just carried on. They ran once I moved towards them and then gave me a barage of abuse. A few ran away and 5 or 6 stayed. After 2 or 3 minutes of abuse they started throwing pieces of wood which one hit me on the head and saying that they were goin to do my house as in destroy my house. These youths are anything from 14 - 17. This is the second occasion where I have actually confronted them and found myself having to back down and almost beg them not to smash my car or house. Even one of my neighbours called the police but they never came. These youths terrorise this area and get away with it. I was born in this town Cleethorpes North East Lincolnshire it used to be 20 years ago a lovely place to live a place to be proud of. What has happened? I am having to move to a new house after only living here a year having totally renovated this house. Driving round the town today and looking at a lot of the people and houses the whole town has turned to shit. This has just strengthened our decision to move away once and for all. Even when the kids are late from school we are on the front looking. I am just so disheartened and disgusted with what is happening to this country. What do you think? Paul.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:56 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to the uk don't come here

Originally Posted by pireland View Post
Just last night I glanced out the living room window and noticed a gang of youths urinating in my garden. As I opened the front door, they didn't even blink an eye and just carried on. They ran once I moved towards them and then gave me a barage of abuse. A few ran away and 5 or 6 stayed. After 2 or 3 minutes of abuse they started throwing pieces of wood which one hit me on the head and saying that they were goin to do my house as in destroy my house. These youths are anything from 14 - 17. This is the second occasion where I have actually confronted them and found myself having to back down and almost beg them not to smash my car or house. Even one of my neighbours called the police but they never came. These youths terrorise this area and get away with it. I was born in this town Cleethorpes North East Lincolnshire it used to be 20 years ago a lovely place to live a place to be proud of. What has happened? I am having to move to a new house after only living here a year having totally renovated this house. Driving round the town today and looking at a lot of the people and houses the whole town has turned to shit. This has just strengthened our decision to move away once and for all. Even when the kids are late from school we are on the front looking. I am just so disheartened and disgusted with what is happening to this country. What do you think? Paul.
I knew a guy from Lincolnshire who was "allegedly" a devil worshipper I won't reveal his identity but will refer to him only as Eastgate. Maybe there are lots of devil worshippers there and their malevalent presence has destroyed the soul of the county. One practical piece of advice I would give you though is not to live pieces of wood laying around outside your house for people to repeatedly throw at you. Also in reality with hose pipe bans etc their urine would probably have kept your lawn fertile so perhaps you would have less problems if you actually stopped to thank people instead of running out and confronting them. If as you stated you do wish to confront them you must carry some sort of weapon, perhaps a pointed stick in order to intimidate them. Failure to do so will inevitably lead to a pathetic retreat.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:27 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood View Post
I knew a guy from Lincolnshire who was "allegedly" a devil worshipper I won't reveal his identity but will refer to him only as Eastgate. Maybe there are lots of devil worshippers there and their malevalent presence has destroyed the soul of the county. One practical piece of advice I would give you though is not to live pieces of wood laying around outside your house for people to repeatedly throw at you. Also in reality with hose pipe bans etc their urine would probably have kept your lawn fertile so perhaps you would have less problems if you actually stopped to thank people instead of running out and confronting them. If as you stated you do wish to confront them you must carry some sort of weapon, perhaps a pointed stick in order to intimidate them. Failure to do so will inevitably lead to a pathetic retreat.
I dont actually think your reply is appropriate.

The OP could have been seriously beaten up and if you have watched the news lately, there are alot of us that dare not defend our properties for fear of this happening.

Personally, I would have been too frightened to confront these people because of the lengths teens will go to now, they seem to have no fear of repercussion and no boundaries as to what they will do.

It is only when you have lived somewhere and experienced such intimidation that you can truly understand what someone is going through.

It isnt always easy to move house and the OP has only been there a year.

So please dont take the piss out of him because you really dont know how he is feeling or to what extent this is affecting him.

To the OP, things certainly seem more violent I agree. When we first moved to where we are, it was quite nice and we have seen it change dramatically.

I dont think it is limited to the UK though, although some countries are perhaps better in dealing with it, I just dont know.

Keep yourself safe, dont take chances and get out as soon as possible.

Good luck.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post

The OP could have been seriously beaten up and if you have watched the news lately, there are alot of us that dare not defend our properties for fear of this happening.

Personally, I would have been too frightened to confront these people because of the lengths teens will go to now, they seem to have no fear of repercussion and no boundaries as to what they will do.

It is only when you have lived somewhere and experienced such intimidation that you can truly understand what someone is going through.

So please dont take the piss out of him because you really dont know how he is feeling or to what extent this is affecting him.

To the OP, things certainly seem more violent I agree. When we first moved to where we are, it was quite nice and we have seen it change dramatically.

I dont think it is limited to the UK though, although some countries are perhaps better in dealing with it, I just dont know.

Good luck.
This sort of stuff was happening about 30 years ago where I came from...
In circumstances like these one really wants to have the things that the US constitution has granted to its citizens;guns...
And to the OP,dont keep pieces of wood outside your house,keep them inside so that YOU can use it to throw at those kiddie thugs...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:20 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you think? Paul.
I think I'm amazed this is only your 4th post on the expats site ...... or maybe I'm wrong
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A problem many suffer in the UK with a weak goverment and police having there hands tied behind their back, An official complaint to the police may help in the short term..But please do not confront these people ..its too dangerous

But the problem is felt in many countries as the do gooder prevail...

I am fortunate... I have never really experenced such a thing.. nor ever will
one thing my part of the US believes in is self protection...

A for a country for yourself, depend on where you can get in really ..

Last edited by Ray; Feb 24th 2007 at 10:19 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:17 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post

Good luck.
I thought my advice was actually pretty helpful but if our lumberjack friend insists on keeping his choppings out in his yard I have another suggestion for him. He could craftily carve the wooden blocks into boomerangs so when the youths return they will get the surprise of their lives when the objects come back to bite them. Additionally to guard against any savvy youths who recognise the tell tale signs of a boomerang he could leave a few of the regular blocks out there as well but cunningly cover the underside in animal faeces.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:29 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

A similar thing happened to by neighbour across the street l used to live in in OZ a few years ago
but it just involved urinating in his garden and verbal abuse, the police arrived within 5 miniutes , they spent an hour searching the neighbourhood with flashlights looking for them and then aplogised that they could'nt catch them and said they would keep a lookout for them. They did'nt come back and annoy him again probably beacause they knew they had a lucky escape and would get caught next time. In OZ the police usually come very quickly and all the time.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 24th 2007 at 10:32 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy View Post
A similar thing happened to by neighbour across the street l used to live in in OZ a few years ago
but it just involved urinating in his garden and verbal abuse, the police arrived within 5 miniutes , they spent an hour searching the neighbourhood with flashlights looking for them and then aplogised that they could'nt catch them and said they would keep a lookout for them. They did'nt come back and annoy him again probably beacause they knew they had a lucky escape and would get caught next time. In OZ the police usually come very quickly and all the time.
I was told that when incidents like this happen in Oz it's best to come storming out of your house with a hankie tied on your head and wearing your best white vest and union jack boxer shorts whilst shouting "stone the flaming crows". If this doesn't work you can wave your Barbie tongs at the culprits.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by islandmom View Post
I think I'm amazed this is only your 4th post on the expats site ...... or maybe I'm wrong
I'm amazed that you say your name is Paul as opposed to Mr Bean or Arthur Pewty.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:43 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by haggerwood View Post
I was told that when incidents like this happen in Oz it's best to come storming out of your house with a hankie tied on your head and wearing your best white vest and union jack boxer shorts whilst shouting "stone the flaming crows". If this doesn't work you can wave your Barbie tongs at the culprits.
Attached Thumbnails moving back to the uk don't come here-2419221688.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy View Post
A similar thing happened to by neighbour across the street l used to live in .....blahblahblahblahblah ....In OZ the police usually come very quickly and all the time.
Some people are so predictable.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If that's your only reason for immigration, move else where in the UK...

Problems aren't just localised to the UK, and the ex-change rate will only get you so far...

Same shit, different flavour and all that.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think the solution is to find out where the monsters live, wait a couple of weeks then go with some friends in a balaclava and beat each one to the inch of their lives and tell them they will be knee capped next time it is heard that they have been upto know good. By keeping their identity from them it might work. It seemed to work for the hardened criminals....or failing that become farmers and have some pigs and just get rid of their bodies...Problem solved...

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
A problem many suffer in the UK with a weak goverment and police having there hands tied behind their back, An official complaint to the police may help in the short term..But please do not confront these people ..its too dangerous

But the problem is felt in many countries as the do gooder prevail...

I am fortunate... I have never really experenced such a thing.. nor ever will
one thing my part of the US believes in is self protection...

A for a country for yourself, depend on where you can get in really ..

Last edited by Mercedes; Feb 24th 2007 at 11:37 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
In circumstances like these one really wants to have the things that the US constitution has granted to its citizens;guns...
only in Florida...otherwise you'll have to drag their corpse into the house and mess up your carpets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.