Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

more sydney violence

more sydney violence

Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: more sydney violence

Originally Posted by OzTennis
OzTennis
Brilliant comic...did u just draw it?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinio...236068731.html

BTW, I wonder what would happen if the Premier of Victoria, Steve Bracks (parents emigrated from Lebanon) appeared in Sutherland Shire???

OzTennis

Last edited by Sue; Dec 13th 2005 at 2:26 pm. Reason: Picture removed due to copyright issues.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...236064283.html

OzTennis
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E601,00.html

OzTennis
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please be mindful of the fact that people of all national origins and religions use these forums. Blatant generalisations such as your comments below are not appropriate.
Originally Posted by pompeywill
Of course I blame Muslims, they even blame themselves and are proud of it.

Forgotten 9/11 have we? London tube bombings? Madrid?
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists appear to be muslims.

Incedently I didnt cry for the drug smuggler, he got what he deserved.

As the Lady said on 7 news tonight (cant remember her name) "Muslims are welcome to our home but if they cant abide by our rules then they should go back to where they come from"
Old Dec 13th 2005, 3:12 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzTennis
http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinio...236068731.html

BTW, I wonder what would happen if the Premier of Victoria, Steve Bracks (parents emigrated from Lebanon) appeared in Sutherland Shire???

OzTennis
Jim Saleam, the neo-nazi ringleader of the demonstration, didnt get bashed-bizarrely-he is Lebanese!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:34 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I think you're misunderstanding the use of the term "underlying racism" in this context.

What Howard means is that racism is not an underlying principle of Australian culture.

Yes, it's definitely there; but it's an aberration, not an essential element of the Autralian psyche.
A country that had a whites only policy, Aboriginal hunts, Aboriginal slave labour and only gave Aborigines the vote in the sixties would to me have racism as an underlying part of its culture.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sorry, that was a mistake; I should have said "the non-white and East European communities."
That is a bit of generalising isn't it?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:39 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bondipom
A country that had a whites only policy, Aboriginal hunts, Aboriginal slave labour and only gave Aborigines the vote in the sixties would to me have racism as an underlying part of its culture.
The whole world is racist we need to just accept it and get on with our lives.
Its natural to want to look after your own.
How far back in time do you want to go? The slave traders?
The world is still a better place now despite terrorism etc.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:42 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by KitKat
What you are saying is discrimination and encourage the riot

I think people who do the riot in street have the same mentality

Shame on you
The people who riot in the street as you put it are normal, everyday Aussies who are fed up and decided to make a stand.

Shame on you more like
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
The above poster is a prime example of what happens if you inbred and are selective about what you hear and read (you can read can't you)

TC (not muslim)
Reduced to personal insults now are we?

Why sign off with TC (not muslim)? Is being a muslim something to be ashamed of then?

Pompeywill (not Welsh)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
But....its scientifically proven that we ALL came from Africa.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Oooh careful who you mention that to, some people don't care for Africa! isn't that so Vash?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

The people who riot in the street as you put it are normal, everyday Aussies who are fed up and decided to make a stand.

Shame on you more like
If that is true then God help us because they were a drunken, horrible mob who weren't just attacking those who looked lebanese but anyone who looked foreign. I'm glad I wasn't there! It would not have mattered if I was a well behaved law abiding citizen, they probably would have abused me and chased me because they were so drunk. If that is an example of an everyday ordinary Aussie then I will pack up and go home. Thankfully I've been here for 8 years and know that the ordinary Aussie isn't like that.

PL
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:27 am

Shame on you more like
What utter rubbish. The mob at Cronulla were white trash racist bogans of the lowest order who like "bash the wogs and lebs".
Shame on you for tarring Australians with that brush.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 1:31 am

The whole world is racist we need to just accept it and get on with our lives.
Its natural to want to look after your own.
How far back in time do you want to go? The slave traders?
The world is still a better place now despite terrorism etc.
When those very people who were slaves are still alive and unpaid then there is still an injustice. You have to go back a lot longer than 40 years for sands of time to heal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.