Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Reading many of the comments in the Daily Mail and Yahoo's comments section pertaining to articles on MM, it strikes me that there are a lot of Americans who hate her also. I don't get the impression these people are gullible, I believe they act like the rumors are true because they deep down hate MM, and the rumors serve to push their point of view. The tabloid press are chumming the water with constant negative press of MM, but the water already has sharks in it eagerly waiting for the chum.
Exactly!

If a lie is said often enough people can become "conditioned" to believe it's true.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Exactly!

If a lie is said often enough people can become "conditioned" to believe it's true.
Only if they're open to being conditioned by social media and the likes of the sun newspaper and Hello magazine
Boomhauer is talking about confirmation bias, which is quite different.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

30% of the English language has a French base, Au Contraire is commonly used
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:42 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Even when it's not used correctly

Del Boy's Guide to Foreign Languages (including au contraire)
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Fait accompli!
Old Jul 15th 2019, 6:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly prejudicial to both Obama and the aliens. Anyway, what was wrong with appointing an American to the position, and what are the reasons that led him to appoint a non-American non-Earthling? Is it because he's a man of colour? Or is he only pretending to be a man of colour? Is it because he does the hokey-cokey in the White House grounds at midnight? Is it because he himself is an alien?

Old Jul 15th 2019, 7:36 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Sacré bleu!
Old Jul 15th 2019, 8:01 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

When ever someone starts out a response speaking French(and it's not their native language) I know they have a strong opinion how they feel about the subject..
Wot? You have made yet another assumption. I was taught French as a 2nd language from the age of 7 right up to 16. It was but a hop across the channel where I got to practice all the more & I was surrounded by assorted Europeans as I was growing up. C'est naturel for many British people . However in this case I was using the phrase in a humorous way. Boiler and Dreamy have it on the nose. Mange Tout , Mange Tout.

I actually really don't have that strong an opinion on this particular female . Her emotions and her motives are hers to own. I might start to form an opinion if I feel approval or disapproval of her public words and actions. ATM she is simply not much really in terms of the monarchy and one will have to see of what mettle she is made.

and she needs to continue exactly what she is doing by being involved in charitable organizations and highlighting causes that make a difference
Yup. That is the Royal way and she does need to stick with this now she has taken on the job, as well as continue to learn what is and is not acceptable What is and is not a part of her role as wife of Prince Harry & a part of the extended royal family. She is now a part of the monarchy first & foremost.

Must say it makes a change to be able to exchange views about something other than the Trump travesty or flippin' Brexit.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Only if they're open to being conditioned by social media and the likes of the sun newspaper and Hello magazine
Boomhauer is talking about confirmation bias, which is quite different.
I agree.

Love somebody today and make sure they know it.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post

Must say it makes a change to be able to exchange views about something other than the Trump travesty or flippin' Brexit.
We are truly on the same page with that one.

Bev

Make sure you love someone today even to the point were it surprises them.

Old Jul 15th 2019, 10:59 am
Concierge

I agree.

I'm pretty good at managing my own life, including the romantic side of it
Old Jul 15th 2019, 11:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Fait accompli!
Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Sacré bleu!
I'm sorry, but I just had to.

Old Jul 16th 2019, 7:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

We are truly on the same page with that one.

Bev

Make sure you love someone today even to the point were it surprises them.
I cannot imagine a British guy posting or saying such soppy mush. More like ‘Hey luv get ya kit off’.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I cannot imagine a British guy posting or saying such soppy mush. More like ‘Hey luv get ya kit off’.
That is a true statement. I have a few British friends that tend to hold their romantic "sensibilities" close to the vest. Many American guys are probably more likely to give in to our inner feelings. We think it's ok to run a warm bath and put rose peddles around the tub with candle light leading the way for our ladies. Romance is important. We actually feel it's more masculine to be romantic. And you never miss the opportunity to tell a person you care about them. Valentine's day is a huge holiday in the States. Watching Meghan & Harry holding hands is the norm in America. I'm trying to figure out why Kate & William don't do the same. Is romance a dying art? Hopefully not.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That is a true statement. I have a few British friends that tend to hold their romantic "sensibilities" close to the vest. Many American guys are probably more likely to give in to our inner feelings. We think it's ok to run a warm bath and put rose peddles around the tub with candle light leading the way for our ladies. Romance is important. We actually feel it's more masculine to be romantic. And you never miss the opportunity to tell a person you care about them. Valentine's day is a huge holiday in the States. Watching Meghan & Harry holding hands is the norm in America. I'm trying to figure out why Kate & William don't do the same. Is romance a dying art? Hopefully not.
Megan is a member of the Royal Family now. Every time she steps out she is representing the family. Royals do not hold hands, put their arms around each other or cover their mouths with their hands and whisper in public (all things she still does). She is not a young girl but an almost 40 year old woman, who knew what she was getting herself into. As I’ve said before...she sacrificed privacy for immense wealth and privilege. If she doesn’t like it there is always the door, either alone or taking Harry with her.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.