Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Old Jul 14th 2019, 6:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meghan Markle's sin is being an American that stole Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's geting like HELLO magazine in here

None of us know anything about these people, and their private lives aren't more interesting than anybody else's just because of an accident of birth.
It sure is. It’s opinions made over gossip read or heard.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 9:58 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
But wasn't Sarah demonstrating extreme behavior in public like cheating on her husband and using her position as Duchess to set up secret deals that badly reflected on the Monarchy? She was bringing a lot of bad press on her self while Meghan hasn't done that. Her sin appear to be an American woman in love with a national icon from a different country and they feel he should have married a home grown girl. Kate is not receiving the same negative scrutiny. Can you imagine if Meghan had been in the vehicle that ran over that poor woman who was a pedestrian? They'd be calling her Meghan the pedestrian killer

These people that are against Meghan aren't exactly using honor and fairness when judging the Duchess.
The media had it in for Sarah way before that!! I think you're just being overly sensitive about her nationality.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone really believe that she would have been interested in Harry if it wasn’t for his position and wealth? I don’t think she would have looked at him twice.

IMO Harry is a spoilt man child and she is a D list actress, who has landed the role of a lifetime.

She is almost 40 and should have known full well what she was getting into. Join the Royal Family and when you step outside you sacrifice your privacy for vast wealth and privileges.

I am a Royalist, but think the British people should only pay for those in direct succession to the throne once they hit 21. At the moment this is, The Queen, Charles and William. All the rest should be cut loose and live their lives as they choose, without British taxpayers help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 14th 2019 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
You are making statements such as the above and earlier that you “one thing I know for sure is Meghan definitely loves Harry”. How do you know for sure? Are you a member of their inner circle. Fact is we barely know anything about them ‘for sure’, it’s mostly gossip.
I've been around for a while and this ain't my first time at the rodeo. I know what real love feels like, and what a good sound relationship looks like. I see that in Harry and Meghan's relationship.

When she looks at him even when they are off to the side attempting to be out of sight of prying eyes, you can see how she looks at him. It's the same way my wife looks at me. You can't fake that! I certainly wish deep love for everybody on this earth because life is short and it's the best thing we can experience. I've seen caring and nurturing love and I've seen admiration mixed with being comfortable with someone, and there is a difference. Do you know what I mean? One of those type of loves you will throw yourself in front of a train to protect that partner.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I've been around for a while and this ain't my first time at the rodeo. I know what real love feels like, and what a good sound relationship looks like. I see that in Harry and Meghan's relationship.

When she looks at him even when they are off to the side attempting to be out of sight of prying eyes, you can see how she looks at him. It's the same way my wife looks at me. You can't fake that! I certainly wish deep love for everybody on this earth because life is short and it's the best thing we can experience. I've seen caring and nurturing love and I've seen admiration mixed with being comfortable with someone, and there is a difference. Do you know what I mean? One of those type of loves you will throw yourself in front of a train to protect that partner.
Maybe she does love him, but you don’t know that for sure as you have claimed. There is only one person who knows for sure and that is Megan. IMO the attraction of Harry was his royal status and everything that comes with it.

I agree with what Dreamy posted...maybe you are a little sensitive because she is American.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica View Post

Lol over and over again. It is the duty of the British aristocracy to spread their seed freely and widely- didn't you know?
I'm the first person to say that if it's anybody in this dynamic that is calculating it would be those that run the FIRM, and not Meghan or Harry in my estimation. Now it is true that Harry had to marry somebody as part of his responsibility to continue the bloodline but his choice of deciding on a person completely different from those carbon copy socialites and how Meghan and Harry are together says a lot to me. Ten years from now when they are a middle aged couple and still madly in love a lot of people are going to wonder why they ever questioned their bond together.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm the first person to say that if it's anybody in this dynamic that is calculating it would be those that run the FIRM, and not Meghan or Harry in my estimation. Now it is true that Harry had to marry somebody as part of his responsibility to continue the bloodline but his choice of deciding on a person completely different from those carbon copy socialites and how Meghan and Harry are together says a lot to me. Ten years from now when they are a middle aged couple and still madly in love a lot of people are going to wonder why they ever questioned their bond together.
Harry did not have to marry someone to continue the bloodline. There are plenty more blood Royals to take up the reigns.

Please give it a rest with the hearts and flowers, you are starting to sound a little silly. Man up.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone really believe that she would have been interested in Harry if it wasn’t for his position and wealth? I don’t think she would have looked at him twice.

IMO Harry is a spoilt man child and she is a D list actress, who has landed the role of a lifetime.

She is almost 40 and should have known full well what she was getting into. Join the Royal Family and when you step outside you sacrifice your privacy for vast wealth and privileges.

I am a Royalist, but think the British people should only pay for those in direct succession to the throne once they hit 21. At the moment this is, The Queen, Charles and William. All the rest should be cut loose and live their lives as they choose, without British taxpayers help.
I disagree that it's a marriage based on her being a gold digger and him wanting a hot looking wife. It's love to the tenth power and to the point they both can feel it in their collective toes.

But I do agree with you about tax payer expense and how the financing of the Royal family should be limited to just those in direct succession. To me that is pragmatic and especially when those funds could be used to help improve the lives of people with a lot less access to resources.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I disagree that it's a marriage based on her being a gold digger and him wanting a hot looking wife. It's love to the tenth power and to the point they both can feel it in their collective toes.

But I do agree with you about tax payer expense and how the financing of the Royal family should be limited to just those in direct succession. To me that is pragmatic and especially when those funds could be used to help improve the lives of people with a lot less access to resources.
‘Their collective toes’

Do you write Mills and Boon books?
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe she does love him, but you don’t know that for sure as you have claimed. There is only one person who knows for sure and that is Megan. IMO the attraction of Harry was his royal status and everything that comes with it.

I agree with what Dreamy posted...maybe you are a little sensitive because she is American.
This could be a cultural thing. Maybe I view their relationship without rose colored glasses and do so solely on their actions to date . My wife feels that the British culture is more cynical than the American culture. Every action someone does has to have a motive or scheme. Don't know if she's right because I haven't lived in the UK long term like her but it feels like she could be correct. I will know once we move over there next year. But in terms of Meghan and Harry's relationship we will know for sure in ten years times if they are still together and still madly in love.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

‘Their collective toes’

Do you write Mills and Boon books?
I thought that would make you laugh

I'm American and many of us are passionate.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 12:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

This could be a cultural thing. Maybe I view their relationship without rose colored glasses and do so solely on their actions to date . My wife feels that the British culture is more cynical than the American culture. Every action someone does has to have a motive or scheme. Don't know if she's right because I haven't lived in the UK long term like her but it feels like she could be correct. I will know once we move over there next year. But in terms of Meghan and Harry's relationship we will know for sure in ten years times if they are still together and still madly in love.
You do not or will not know anything ‘for sure’ as you keep saying. They may be together in 10 years time, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are still madly in love. Only Megan will know if she is madly in love with Harry.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:33 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I view their relationship without rose colored glasses.
Au contraire . I rather think you may.

I'm not sure your take is all a cultural difference thing. I think quite some of this is a lack of feel and understanding of the British monarchy plus also a bit of an inclination towards the old sweeping statements.

What is needed for this marriage is her grace and dignity. Her fortitude and resilience. She is a grown woman who made her free choice to become a member of the Royal Family. That is her life and work now.

Flippity floppity socialite types do not cut the mustard at all & I am not sure why you think they might.

Please have a read of the Sovereign Grant etc. It will help you understand how this works. Reducing the grant would not necessarily mean those funds are allocated to good causes. For that one needs to look to the government of the day , their policies & their budget. FWIW, The Royal Family just by dint of being royal do much to aid good causes in all manner of ways.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
So called celebrities have always been lucrative fodder for tabloid journalism, no matter who they are or where they're from. It's a huge industry with an equally huge and gullible audience, and makes vague references to 'our sources' and 'an insider' in an attempt to disguise the fact that they're just making it up. They don't hate any of the people they witter on endlessly about, they love (making money from) them
Reading many of the comments in the Daily Mail and Yahoo's comments section pertaining to articles on MM, it strikes me that there are a lot of Americans who hate her also. I don't get the impression these people are gullible, I believe they act like the rumors are true because they deep down hate MM, and the rumors serve to push their point of view. The tabloid press are chumming the water with constant negative press of MM, but the water already has sharks in it eagerly waiting for the chum.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Au contraire . I rather think you may.

I'm not sure your take is all a cultural difference thing. I think quite some of this is a lack of feel and understanding of the British monarchy plus also a bit of an inclination towards the old sweeping statements.

What is needed for this marriage is her grace and dignity. Her fortitude and resilience. She is a grown woman who made her free choice to become a member of the Royal Family. That is her life and work now.

Flippity floppity socialite types do not cut the mustard at all & I am not sure why you think they might.

Please have a read of the Sovereign Grant etc. It will help you understand how this works. Reducing the grant would not necessarily mean those funds are allocated to good causes. For that one needs to look to the government of the day , their policies & their budget. FWIW, The Royal Family just by dint of being royal do much to aid good causes in all manner of ways.
When ever someone starts out a response speaking French(and it's not their native language) I know they have a strong opinion how they feel about the subject. But no matter our differing opinions about Meghan & Harry it's a good thing for debate to express them regardless how wrong or right you might be, it's still interesting. I don't think Harry is as committed to the Monarchy and the rules which guide it as say William might be(obvious reasons) and for that reason some of the normal expectations and norms that follow marriage into that family are probably going to be a bit different because he isn't in direct line of succession. He strikes me as the rebel who would be willing to chuck it all if it continued to make him unhappy and for a very long time he did admit feeling lost in that lifestyle. Remember those interviews he gave about how he felt life lack happiness in the Monarchy while trying to get over the lost of his mother?

He doesn't need them, and in fact the Monarchy probably need him more because he appear to be the most popular Royal other than the Queen. That could be a subjective point of view. I know here in the States most people don't know who Kate is but Harry and Meghan are quite popular. And it has been said that he was considering a move to America because of all the problems that might occur in the UK regarding his marriage. Meghan is doing all the right things and she needs to continue exactly what she is doing by being involved in charitable organizations and highlighting causes that make a difference for those living in the UK. Over time the naysayers will get a clue and refocus their energy else where.

Guess we'll know how strong their relationship is based on how committed they remain to one another. That is the test of most relationships, commitment, endurance, children and outward public support for one another. If you've been in love deeply then you know what a healthy relationship looks and feels like. Let's see how their relationship shapes up over time. Let's see if they are still holding hands, and can't keep their hands off of one another in public ten years from now. Or if like a lot of couples that get use to each other but the passion fades a bit and things start to cool off. Doesn't mean they don't still love each other. But some people do forget what real passion is and looks like. Time will tell.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.