Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Labour on the fence

Labour on the fence

Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:33 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour on the fence

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
And in the same very same text resulting from the Labour party conference and the article that you posted they committed to the other bits too. Voting rights were only a part of what they agreed. The bigger kickers are their commitments to closing detention centres and freedom of movement from around the world. Anything that Brendan O'Neill might have said about rioting is nothing compared with that.
To you, maybe.

Normal people have a more sanguine view of conference motions and a less laissez faire attitude to libertarian agents provocateurs using airtime on the UK's public service broadcaster to plead for violent reactions to a political impasse.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Careful there. Hoey started her political life as a member of the International Marxist Group, then worked for your hero Blair, and criticizes the EU from the left - not your sort of thing at all, you should read the fine print.
The old school Labour Party despite their faults were Euro sceptic. I'll say again, it is perfectly reasonable and a sign of mature thinking to be able to agree on some things and disagree on others. Your all or nothing thinking is both flawed and divisive.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
To you, maybe.

Normal people have a more sanguine view of conference motions and a less laissez faire attitude to libertarian agents provocateurs using airtime on the UK's public service broadcaster to plead for violent reactions to a political impasse.
So closing detention centres and opening borders to free movement from around the world is fine?
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Absolutely. Right-wing riots are unimportant compared to no longer holding people in camps. What we all need here is a bit of discipline, isn't it.
Again your thinking is flawed. Very many who voted to leave are left wing and they are equally, if not more aghast at the betrayal from the politicians they helped elect on the understanding that they would honour the result of the referendum. It isn't the right wing who voted leave and left wing who voted remain. Do catch up.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To you, maybe.

The full context of what he said:

Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:46 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

So closing detention centres and opening borders to free movement from around the world is fine?
Closing immigration detention centres would be fine with me, given what I've read of them, yes.

I'm not really sure what's with the free movement from around the world yet, nor where the passing of a conference motion (however worded) leaves it in terms of official Labour policy and manifesto pledges, so I'll reserve judgement on that for now.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Closing immigration detention centres would be fine with me, given what I've read of them, yes.

I'm not really sure what's with the free movement from around the world yet, nor where the passing of a conference motion (however worded) leaves it in terms of official Labour policy and manifesto pledges, so I'll reserve judgement on that for now.
You aren't sounding nearly scared enough. You're supposed to be worrying about Labour's globalist plot to, er, well, um....... yeah, that.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You aren't sounding nearly scared enough. You're supposed to be worrying about Labour's globalist plot to, er, well, um....... yeah, that.
Labour are incapable of plotting anything. They've lost the plot altogether!
Old Sep 29th 2019, 3:43 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the Brendan O'Neill who used a live broadcast on the BBC to incite Leavers to riot?
He looks like that bloke who was interviewed for an Australian news broadcast who made 6 or 7 completely inaccurate statements in the first two minutes.

Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:10 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the Brendan O'Neill who used a live broadcast on the BBC to incite Leavers to riot? Nice people you follow on your video voyages of discovery.

Re: the previous conversation, we were talking purely about voting rights.
Typical remainiac fake news, he didn't incite anything of the sort.

The full context of what he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYefjSe0LHc
Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:38 pm
Who - me?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
He looks like that bloke who was interviewed for an Australian news broadcast who made 6 or 7 completely inaccurate statements in the first two minutes.
He's no better in that clip above. Takes him a matter of seconds to allege that parliament is impeding a "clean Brexit" before carrying on in a similar vein with the propaganda phrases and varying degrees of falsehoods

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Typical remainiac fake news, he didn't incite anything of the sort.
Either you haven't watched it or you don't understand what incite means.

And there aren't bonus points on here for your silly phrases, either.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This summarises the decline of Labour. What a mess they are in.

Old Oct 12th 2019, 3:07 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

This summarises the decline of Labour. What a mess they are in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWZIH2uZ0Y
15 seconds was enough for me.

But thank you for reviving me old thread...comrade.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 3:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
15 seconds was enough for me.

But thank you for reviving me old thread...comrade.
Nothing but quality stuff from old Paulry, eh?

That's the thing about propaganda. The more primitive it is, the better it works. Something to do with the amygdala I expect. The lizard brain.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 5:40 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing but quality stuff from old Paulry, eh?

That's the thing about propaganda. The more primitive it is, the better it works. Something to do with the amygdala I expect. The lizard brain.
Indeed, is it any wonder Brexiteers have the misguided views that they do. Did you watch the C4 clip (David Edgerton) I posted on the other thread? I think you will really enjoy it. It's an intelligent convo.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.