Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:29 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspirational speech to the Chinese

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
Well that all depends on who you ask now, doesn't it. It's fiercely pro-EU so I'm not surprised you like it.
I have news for you. Most of the world is pro-EU. Aside from some Trump apologists, most of the world is anti-brexit. I don't know if you've noticed but "Britain" accounts for a fraction of the world.

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 30th 2020 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:32 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I have news for you. Most of the world is pro-EU. Aside from some Trump apologists, most of the world is anti-brexit. I don't know if you've noticed but "Britain" accounts for a fraction of the world.
Well it isn't "most of the world's" concern really, is it?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

A list of rags
The New York Times
The Nation
The Guardian
The Washington Post

How they must be cringing when he goes off script.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:38 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well it isn't "most of the world's" concern really, is it?
Well, that explains a bit about how England brought the UK to this precipice.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
You know exactly who "the woke" are - and guess what? You're one of them.

As for the publications that you're talking about most are being used as propaganda mouthpieces by the CCP. Only the woke pay much attention to the list of rags you've provided. And the Guardian? That is the most discredited bias-wise of them all.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/04...-media-entity/
I'm what you mean by "woke"? In addition to being a Marxist you mean, or instead of?

And yes, I'm quite clear that you haven't been "paying attention" to any of these papers. You don't read read serious journalism. However, please try to follow your own posts. I have provided you with examples of media that you consider to be "left" or whatever that criticize China, since you said there weren't any. There are, you just haven't read them. So apparently the Chinese are criticizing themselves since these papers are "mouthpieces" of China
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Here, let me help.

The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/l...f-muslims.html

The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e4f_story.html

The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/24/china-cables-leak-no-escapes-reality-china-uighur-prison-camp

The Nation

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/uighur-bill/

Just one example from each to get you started.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from one (and that is attempting to blame Trump ), not terribly recent then?

11 December 2019
15 March 2019
25th November 2019
17 June 2020

Given we are looking at genocide, slave labour and organ harvesting one would think the woke would be all over it - not pulling down Abraham Lincoln stautes and other figures in the US that contributed to the abolition of slavery.

PS: In your reply please be civil and resist the inclinaton to name call and insult - it really isn't a good look.

Last edited by paulry; Jul 31st 2020 at 9:03 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:51 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Wow ... The plot sickens. And the hypocrisy.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:11 pm

Apart from one (and that is attempting to blame Trump ), not terribly recent then?

11 December 2019
15 March 2019
25th November 2019
17 June 2020

Given we are looking at genocide, slave labour and organ harvesting one would think the woke would be all over it - not pulling down Abraham Lincoln stautes and other figures in the US that contributed to the abolition of slavery.

PS: In your reply please be civil and resist the inclinaton to name call and insult - it really isn't a good look.

Not recent enough? I see. So far from "the woke" not saying anything about Chinese government practices as you claimed, you are now saying that "the woke" were complaining about Chinese government practices before you had even thought about it. OK then. But you are also saying that these same publications are "mouthpieces" of the Chinese government, so they are complaining about themselves? Is the Chinese government "woke"? And do try to read posts a little more closely. I gave you one sample from each publication. There are more, of course, but that would require a bit more extensive reading on your part.

I am civil where civility is warranted.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jul 31st 2020 at 10:18 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 11:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

11 December 2019
15 March 2019
25th November 2019
17 June 2020

I don’t really get this particular campaign of yours.
(1) Who are the woke? I doubt if anyone who contributes to BE identifies with that label.
(2) This topic is covered extensively in the press, as has been pointed out to you. So what is your point??
Old Aug 1st 2020, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Not recent enough? I see. So far from "the woke" not saying anything about Chinese government practices as you claimed, you are now saying that "the woke" were complaining about Chinese government practices before you had even thought about it. OK then. But you are also saying that these same publications are "mouthpieces" of the Chinese government, so they are complaining about themselves? Is the Chinese government "woke"? And do try to read posts a little more closely. I gave you one sample from each publication. There are more, of course, but that would require a bit more extensive reading on your part.
Not recent and rather infrequent. The examples provided infrequently mention what is going on in China where racism is taking place on a large and state-sponsored scale. Many hundreds of thousands are in concentration camps. The west is buying products that appear to have been produced with the use of slave labour. Organ harvesting is taking place. Disappearing happens frequently. Hong Kong is sliding towards the same totalitarian system as the rest of China - which is also expansionist and is threatening Taiwan and trying to bully all of its neighbours. Carrying out spying activities on a massive scale, and infiltrating foreign governments and institutions. Meanwhile your left wing and woke papers are too busy ruminating over the latest thing that Trump said and supporting that Marxist outfit BLM to bother much with China - where the really nasty stuff is taking place.

But anyway. My opinion is the mainstream and especially the woke press which you kindly provided me examples of, has dropped the ball on frequent and high profile reporting of the more severe events that are happening around the world - making them as an information media less relevant - so thank goodness individuals on YouTube and elsewhere are taking up the mantle. But too bad some people are locked into "extensive reading" of your preferred news sources. So I suppose yeah, I get it why you're not interested nor passionate about China and the very many human rights issues that go on there. It's because your "extensive reading" sources don't frequently and extensively report on it - they're far too busy analysing and reporting on Trump's latest tweet - which explains your obsession with Trump as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Look, I mean it's fine, most British news sources these days are dog shit and the guardian isn't there worst by any stretch. I'm just not sure how impartial or authoritative it is either considering its hard left-wing tendancies.
It would be good to have news sources that just provides impartial facts. But I suppose that doesn't sell papers. Here's an idea: Impartial news and with links that take you to whatever bias you want along the lines of: "Are you woke? Click here for fruit loop opinions.", "Marxist? Click here for dystopian thoughts.", "Conservatives click here for a rather more sensible take on things".
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:47 am
Reasonable Bitch

I've mentioned this before, but it's ironic how the populists go on and on about truth and democracy and so on, and then claim to be the only ones that "know for sure", claim their views are "mainstream", yet consistently dismiss irrefutable facts, feature in the most misleading and patently false narratives of fringe media publications, while (unwittingly?) championing antidemocratic authoritarian ideology, yet claim a monopoly on "democracy".

And even more laughable, accuse anyone who questions it of that very behaviour.

Oath of hypocrisy.

Last edited by amideislas; Aug 2nd 2020 at 8:51 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:50 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Blah!
Old Yesterday, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Blah here to!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.