British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   I don't really know where to put this (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/i-dont-really-know-where-put-927002/)

SultanOfSwing Jan 28th 2020 1:23 pm

Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12797046)

It's a bit creepier now.

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12797046)
I would have more if I fit. At 6ft2 and (weighed today) 17stone dead the 'normal' apartment or house baths mean warm soapy legs or warm soapy torso. NEVER both.

You don't even have to be that tall to have issues in my bath. I'm quite a bit shorter than you (though embarassingly only 7lbs lighter :() and I can't comfortably lie down in mine. Seems kind of pointless to have a bath where you can't submerge everything but your head but what do I know about bathroom design anyway?

BristolUK Jan 28th 2020 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12797305)
That's Joe ****ing Marler :frown:. I haven't forgiven him from crocking Gavin Hastings in 2016.

That would indeed have been cruel to the then near 55 year old Hastings, although he would probably have deserved it. :rofl:

Sorry, :o something about that just didn't look right. Gavin Henson it seems.

jimenato Jan 28th 2020 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12797344)
That would indeed have been cruel to the then near 55 year old Hastings, although he would probably have deserved it. :rofl:

Sorry, :o something about that just didn't look right. Gavin Henson it seems.

:rofl: :rofl:

Henson indeed - not the first time that mistake has been made.

We Bristolians like to blame Marler for single-handedly getting us relegated that season because of that one incident.

Anyway - Sarra introduced our Nathan Hughes as Nathan Hines on BT sport the other day so even the pros get it wrong.

Scamp Jan 29th 2020 5:23 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12797321)
It's a bit creepier now.
You don't even have to be that tall to have issues in my bath. I'm quite a bit shorter than you (though embarassingly only 7lbs lighter :() and I can't comfortably lie down in mine. Seems kind of pointless to have a bath where you can't submerge everything but your head but what do I know about bathroom design anyway?

It has upped in the creepy stakes, I'll agree with that for sure.
No, you're right. I want to be fully submerged in warm, soapy water and be able to chill the fudge out. Having to rotate body parts is rubbish.

Interestingly though, do you shower before / after a bath or not at all?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12797217)
No wonder he had to leave the UK. It's not a country for big people - the OH is 6' 4", which is just excessive, although of a more willowy build.

Not good for anything big. I hire a full size saloon when I'm back (normally several large cases in tow and lots of miles) and parking ANYWHERE is a nightmare.

Originally Posted by jimenato (Post 12797305)
That's Joe ****ing Marler :frown:. I haven't forgiven him from crocking Gavin Hastings in 2016.

We have a 'P' bath in our tiny house in the UK quite large enough for me (6') to bathe in but I use the shower - costs a fortune to fill the bath.

Mr Joe ****ing Marler to you. An absolute legend of a man and a thoroughly nice guy to boot.

moneypenny20 Jan 29th 2020 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12797740)
No, you're right. I want to be fully submerged in warm, soapy water and be able to chill the fudge out. Having to rotate body parts is rubbish.

Not good for anything big. I hire a full size saloon when I'm back (normally several large cases in tow and lots of miles) and parking ANYWHERE is a nightmare.

Mr Joe ****ing Marler to you. An absolute legend of a man and a thoroughly nice guy to boot.

I had to google what 17 Stone is in Kilos. It's years since I worked in Stones. You're a big lad! :D

Scamp Jan 29th 2020 8:43 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12797787)
I had to google what 17 Stone is in Kilos. It's years since I worked in Stones. You're a big lad! :D

I'm lucky that I'm tall to be honest.

BristolUK Jan 29th 2020 12:03 pm

...I want to be fully submerged in warm, soapy water and be able to chill the fudge out. Having to rotate body parts is rubbish......

I hire a full size saloon when I'm back

Not like this then?

Lion in Winter Jan 29th 2020 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12797871)

Or like this.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...42dde5a1ad.jpg

SultanOfSwing Jan 29th 2020 1:16 pm

I haven't actually taken a bath in a while because of the discomfort, but when I do take one it isn't usually to clean myself, it is usually in the afternoon or evening to relax or make myself feel better, so I will have already had a shower earlier in the day. But when I'm taking a bath to wash, I'll usually just rinse off with the shower, but apply the soap while in the bath. Since I fully shave my head, I don't have to worry about washing hair which makes it easier, but I need to rinse off with the shower because I feel like I can't get the soap suds off as well if I don't.

Jerseygirl Jan 29th 2020 1:35 pm

It was explained to me that America baths are tubs, not baths, They are designed for sitting in, not laying down. Baths are the huge things that I have to climb into to clean, that’s the reason I never have a bath. In almost 25 years you could count on one hand the number of times I have had a bath.

BristolUK Jan 29th 2020 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12797930)
It was explained to me that America baths are tubs, not baths, They are designed for sitting in, not laying down.

Well they should put chairs in them then :rofl:

SultanOfSwing Jan 29th 2020 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12797930)
It was explained to me that America baths are tubs, not baths, They are designed for sitting in, not laying down. Baths are the huge things that I have to climb into to clean, that’s the reason I never have a bath. In almost 25 years you could count on one hand the number of times I have had a bath.

The small baths are still a pain in the arse to clean anyway.

BuckinghamshireBoy Jan 29th 2020 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12797878)

I don't think I'd feel very comfortable getting my kit off in that one.

In CH we had the tiny, knee-hugging baths that have been mentioned in this thread, so one of my must-haves for the remodelled main bathroom here was for a full sized 'soaker'.

We also wanted a full on walk-in mega-shower, so we settled for a large corner bath, large enough for me to lie in comfortably, allowing enough room for the shower. Win-win.

I've used the bath about five times over the last eighteen months...

Jerseygirl Jan 29th 2020 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12797943)
The small baths are still a pain in the arse to clean anyway.

Can’t say we have ever used one, so I usually spray around with that foam cleaner and rinse using the shower head.

SultanOfSwing Jan 29th 2020 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12797950)
Can’t say we have ever used one, so I usually spray around with that foam cleaner and rinse using the shower head.

I still have to scrub off the tide marks because my daughter and my wife both use the bath. I try to clean it before I'm about to have a shower so I can rinse it off then go straight to washing myself but the best laid plans etc.