Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

I don't really know where to put this

I don't really know where to put this

Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't really know where to put this

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Well, perhaps you could have read the statement from the police chief involved who said “First and foremost I must apologize to Mr Neely for this unnecessary embarrassment.... I believe our officers showed poor judgment in this instance and could have waited for a transport unit at the location of arrest."
Unnecessary, poor judgement and could have waited. Seems clear enough.
Fair comment but look at the big picture .... cops are apologising to criminals for the mannwr of their arrest. Why?
Because of some bullshit imaginary link to slavery perpetuated by Hollywood and few historical records.

Ill wager Mr Neely doesnt apologise for his assumed crime until right after hes found guilty and just before sentencing.

Ridiculous.

Shouldve dragged him by his balls if they caught him red handed.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:48 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Rushman View Post
Fair comment but look at the big picture .... cops are apologising to criminals for the mannwr of their arrest. Why?
Because of some bullshit imaginary link to slavery perpetuated by Hollywood and few historical records.

Ill wager Mr Neely doesnt apologise for his assumed crime until right after hes found guilty and just before sentencing.

Ridiculous.

Shouldve dragged him by his balls if they caught him red handed.
Bootlicker
Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

The Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rushman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how desperate some people are to downplay, excuse and defend reprehensible behaviour. What sort of personal insecurity causes them to need their views to be validated constantly, to the point where they cannot accept any criticism of such behaviour?

A human being was treated in a disgraceful manner, and if you can't see the symbolism you are blind and ignorant of very recent US history. Equally, if you are not aware of the disparities between how white and black people are treated by the law, in everything from stop and search rates, arrest rates, police killings, standard of legal defense and sentencing then you need to educate yourself.
Typical "lets apologise to people who commit crime and get arrested for it" and "who cares if they treat whites the same ..... this guy was black" idiotic response from you.

Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Bootlicker
Ive mellowed.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 8:18 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Ive mellowed.
Clearly.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Well, perhaps you could have read the statement from the police chief involved who said “First and foremost I must apologize to Mr Neely for this unnecessary embarrassment.... I believe our officers showed poor judgment in this instance and could have waited for a transport unit at the location of arrest."
Unnecessary, poor judgement and could have waited. Seems clear enough.

Seems the Police Chief said a bit more than your post suggested.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 11:36 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the Police Chief said a bit more than your post suggested.
Yes he did. But you should have noticed the topic under discussion was whether there was any alternative.
Let me remind you:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The cops had options, I'm sure of it. Stand and wait for a car to come for starters.
No youre not, youre assuming..
So with the conversation being about their choice and options - which were the parts I quoted - it seemed entirely reasonable to limit my comment and the police chief's quote to the part about choice and options. All perfectly normal

Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

So with the conversation being about their choice and options - which were the parts I quoted - it seemed entirely reasonable to limit my comment and the police chief's quote to the part about choice and options. All perfectly normal
Likewise, the trained technique as stated in the snippet. What isn't perfectly normal is the shudders that it's given some who appear to have been watching too many slavery movies.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:24 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he did. But you should have noticed the topic under discussion was whether there was any alternative.
Let me remind you:

No, it was an "all aboard the outrage bus" post, at least be honest about it. These coppers were ignorant, insensitive, and pretty bloody stupid but the fact that there was no malicious intent has just stumped you. They haven't gone into defence mode, they realise that that photo on its own is indefensible so they've just held their hands up and said, yep we really messed up here and it won't happen again. Pointless keeping this alive, as all it does is stir up even more racial tension.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:34 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
No, it was an "all aboard the outrage bus" post
No it wasn't, it was about was there another choice available and the chief confirmed there was. That was a topic within the thread.
...the fact that there was no malicious intent has just stumped you.
That's a fact is it?
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:46 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

No it wasn't, it was about was there another choice available and the chief confirmed there was. That was a topic within the thread.

That's a fact is it?
BS, if you'd wanted to steer the conversation in a certain direction the opening post would've been more than just a link to an article and a photo. There's nothing to see here, they've realised just how insensitive they've been and are sorting it. Move on.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
BS, if you'd wanted to steer the conversation in a certain direction the opening post would've been more than just a link to an article and a photo. There's nothing to see here, they've realised just how insensitive they've been and are sorting it. Move on.

But, but, but, but..............
Old Aug 8th 2019, 3:53 am
idealist

Originally Posted by paulry View Post

But, but, but, but..............
Absolutely right. Save the outrage for those that are intentionally outrageous.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 6:05 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The shouting and screaming on this thread is coming largely from those anxious to defend the actions of the police
Old Aug 8th 2019, 6:28 am
idealist

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The shouting and screaming on this thread is coming largely from those anxious to defend the actions of the police
No one is defending their actions, just that those actions had no malicious intent behind them. No-one has denied the stupidity of what they did. No one is shouting or screaming either.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.