Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Mar 25th 2021, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

hughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
What pissed you off this today? Look at your language. Butthurt? Anger? Rage? ****? Only someone simmering with fury would use such childish language. May I ask why you're apparently furious at people for simply pointing out the hypocrisies of major public figures who have gone out of their way to create controversy when there was absolutely no need to do so in the first place?

Are you upset that many people clearly don't share the same views of a certain couple as you do?
It seems so.
I hear the silence from the Clooney clan and a few other high profile wedding guest who I would have expected to jump to their defence.
I think the whole interview was a 'short term win' that could eventually lead to a loss.
They will be seen as as a couple who will sell out their friends, family and anyone who either displeases them,or for simple revenge and nastiness, not forgetting dollars.
Their self-made buddies and neighbours will most likely be very wary, knowing that H & M can change like the wind, and tell all to Auntie Oprah and Gayle. The mega celebs don't like blabbers, and although they may seem to fit in, they will never be really accepted.
Their talent to launch them into stardom has been nothing but vindictiveness, in the absence of a any other marketable talent excluding titles,and does seem very shallow and unsustainable.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hughandi View Post
It seems so.
I hear the silence from the Clooney clan and a few other high profile wedding guest who I would have expected to jump to their defence.
I think the whole interview was a 'short term win' that could eventually lead to a loss.
They will be seen as as a couple who will sell out their friends, family and anyone who either displeases them,or for simple revenge and nastiness, not forgetting dollars.
Their self-made buddies and neighbours will most likely be very wary, knowing that H & M can change like the wind, and tell all to Auntie Oprah and Gayle. The mega celebs don't like blabbers, and although they may seem to fit in, they will never be really accepted.
Their talent to launch them into stardom has been nothing but vindictiveness, in the absence of a any other marketable talent excluding titles,and does seem very shallow and unsustainable.
These are excellent points.

The true A listers do not get into this in public, I did see it mentioned that they had no real connection with them prior to the wedding.

Now, well Oprah it what she does for a job, the others?

Discreet and Meghan do not really go together.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise View Post
This + getting Frogmore cottage done up for millions at tax payers' expense whilst planning to bugger off. I'm glad they paid that one back.
I had a fair bit of sympathy for Meghan because I really did think she got a rough deal with the press and lord knows marrying into the RF must be a shock for anyone's system. That sympathy disappeared as I watched snippets of the interview.
Harry's new job seems to be as worthwhile as Nick Clegg's at FB .

Scamp - you really are coming over as a bit angry yourself - grab a chilled glass of Pimms.

Harry’s new job/s - ‘Royal Title for Rent’. He has no qualifications. He has no experience. All he has is his Royal Titles...from the family he appears to dislike so much and couldn’t wait to get away from. Same applies to his wife.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 6:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It seems so.
I was actually surprised Oprah got herself involved. She's usually more savvy than this.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 11:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It seems so.

Another key employee steps down...making that 2 this week. How many is that in the last 3 years?
Old Mar 28th 2021, 5:29 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

What pissed you off this today? Look at your language. Butthurt? Anger? Rage? ****? Only someone simmering with fury would use such childish language. May I ask why you're apparently furious at people for simply pointing out the hypocrisies of major public figures who have gone out of their way to create controversy when there was absolutely no need to do so in the first place?

Are you upset that many people clearly don't share the same views of a certain couple as you do?
Nothing, just dropped back in to this shambles of a thread. Just amazes me how angry people can get over literally nothing. I'm not furious, I'm laughing at you, a deep hearty chuckle.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 8:31 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Nothing, just dropped back in to this shambles of a thread. Just amazes me how angry people can get over literally nothing. I'm not furious, I'm laughing at you, a deep hearty chuckle.
... the irony being that you sounded angrier than anyone over errrrr... nothing.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

hughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond reputehughandi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Are people who comment on this thread really angry, ot just posting 'THEIR TRUTH AND THEIR LIVED EXPERIENCE ? Isn't that what a forum is?

After all when we rake away the the identity of the main players we are left with a family squbble. If we do that it's a Jeremy Kyle show without the ermine.

A middle aged man, his new wife and child living in Granny and grandads large house with the extended family.
Squabbles about bridesmaid dresses, sister in laws having a spat, moans about favouritism and pecking order etc.
His father can't be arsed talking to him anymore so doesn't take his calls.

This second son and missus feel they are being treated differently from number one son, who will eventually inherit the whole lot from granny.
second son decides to move away and not work in the family business anymore , but wishes to still be 'a representative' of the firm and keep all the perks of the job.
They go and stay in a mates place until they can find their own house.
Second son feels and more importantly his wife feel aggrieved that nodody asked the she was ok.
They decide to go on the TV, as one of the guests at their wedding has more than a foot in the door, and get get them a slot.

General dishing the dirt especially from the wife, who fortunately is 'person of colour' so can throw the race card in as well as mental health issues.
Granny's house don't comment, which is a shame, they also refuse to do the lie detector test, they just release a short statement, which tells nothing.

Then the royals fought back.

Last edited by hughandi; Mar 28th 2021 at 11:20 am.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be interesting to see if Prince Harry goes back to the UK for his grandfather's funeral. Somehow, I cannot see Meghan going - Harry will probably go alone.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal View Post
It's going to be interesting to see if Prince Harry goes back to the UK for his grandfather's funeral. Somehow, I cannot see Meghan going - Harry will probably go alone.
Yes... interesting question.

All eyes will be watching. If Meghan doesn't go, she is no longer a royal in any meaningful sense. It utterly burns any remaining bits of the bridge she hasn't already destroyed. But I also imagine certain figures in the BRF don't want Meghan at the funeral either. However, if Harry boy turns up without the wife, it also speaks volumes.

I'm pretty sure the woke duo never contemplated what they'd do at a moment like this.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

All eyes will be watching. If Meghan doesn't go, she is no longer a royal in any meaningful sense. It utterly burns any remaining bits of the bridge she hasn't already destroyed. But I also imagine certain figures in the BRF don't want Meghan at the funeral either. However, if Harry boy turns up without the wife, it also speaks volumes.

I'm pretty sure the woke duo never contemplated what they'd do at a moment like this.
Perhaps they could do a Netflix special?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Perhaps they could do a Netflix special?
Easier to make one than to face Will and Kate again, eh?

Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Harry’s new job/s - ‘Royal Title for Rent’. He has no qualifications. He has no experience. All he has is his Royal Titles...from the family he appears to dislike so much and couldn’t wait to get away from. Same applies to his wife.
He piloted Apache gunships in the Army, so he does have some qualifications. He can always just live off the investment from his wealth and take up another profession.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

She has the perfect excuse...pregnancy...doctors have advised her not to travel.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:25 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
She has the perfect excuse...pregnancy...doctors have advised her not to travel.
Not to mention Covid restrictions requiring 10 day quarantine upon arrival, do not pass Go, do not collect £200 etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.