Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Oct 16th 2020, 4:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
My point is that her being an actress isn't an issue, plenty have passed through the royal family before.
Yes, the difference being passing through - and therefore tolerated more - rather than being a permanent fixture.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Harry said today there is no turning back and he and Meghan are so happy. Love is amazing!
Old Oct 28th 2020, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
Harry said today there is no turning back and he and Meghan are so happy. Love is amazing!
Or Harry just wants peace at home or Meghan gives him instructions what to say. In any case his duty to his family and country should have come first.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Or Harry just wants peace at home or Meghan gives him instructions what to say. In any case his duty to his family and country should have come first.
Isn't a 'spouse' (and children) counted as family?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Isn't a 'spouse' (and children) counted as family?
Yes of course- I should have been more specific.

Whether bringing up his child in the Hollywood set, and providing an example to his children to not be concerned for duty to country, and to practice hypocrisy at every turn, I am not sure one could say was a better decision for their child. He had every advantage as a member of the Royal Family that he benefitted from and now wishes to use as a marketing tool to achieve a 'normal life' with 'less publicity' while both of them complaining about how difficult their life is, flying private plane around while talking about carbon emissions. I am definitely not impressed but sorry that to keep harmony in his house and be around his child he apparently tows the line for the actress.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't speak for anyone but myself but if I had been known as the "Spare" for most of my life, a change in life direction would be something to consider. Harry's main focus should be the closest people to him. Wealth and fame are fleeting. My children and my wife will always come before my love for America. And I doubt seriously if anyone will love Harry more than his children and his wife. Example A, look at how many people in the UK have attacked the one person who makes Harry happy.

Having said that, maybe those type factors loom large and explains why Harry has made certain choices. And who knows, maybe one day Harry will move back to the UK if people stop attacking his wife. Meghan is on record saying those many many constant none stopping attacks were unsurvivable.
My wife is British a true Manchester girl, and I truly love America. Even despite our political craziness and everything else involved. But I'd leave it COLD if ever my wife and children were being mistreated anywhere close to how Meghan was attacked in the UK.
I would create a new normal somewhere else. I could easily learn to live in Denmark or some other country as long as my family is thriving. Harry is doing what real men do. Defend and nurture his family. A lesser man would prefer the glitz and glamour of being a high profile Prince and would remain in the bubble.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Oct 29th 2020 at 1:38 am.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes of course- I should have been more specific.

Whether bringing up his child in the Hollywood set, and providing an example to his children to not be concerned for duty to country, and to practice hypocrisy at every turn, I am not sure one could say was a better decision for their child. He had every advantage as a member of the Royal Family that he benefitted from and now wishes to use as a marketing tool to achieve a 'normal life' with 'less publicity' while both of them complaining about how difficult their life is, flying private plane around while talking about carbon emissions. I am definitely not impressed but sorry that to keep harmony in his house and be around his child he apparently tows the line for the actress.
"tow the line for the actress."
I guess that nice British lady back home in Florida was correct when she said Meghan would never be accepted in the UK for three main reasons.
One of those reasons was her career choice of being in the "arts" as an actress. That her sincerity would always be questioned. The truth eventually bubbles to the surface. Honestly I don't know how poor Meghan & Harry survived in an atmosphere of distain. The "Spare" & the "Actress".

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Oct 29th 2020 at 1:30 am.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't speak for anyone but myself but if I had been known as the "Spare" for most of my life, a change in life direction would be something to consider. Harry's main focus should be the closest people to him. Wealth and fame are fleeting. My children and my wife will always come before my love for America. And I doubt seriously if anyone will love Harry more than his children and his wife. Example A, look at how many people in the UK have attacked the one person who makes Harry happy.

Having said that, maybe those type factors loom large and explains why Harry has made certain choices. And who knows, maybe one day Harry will move back to the UK if people stop attacking his wife. Meghan is on record saying those many many constant none stopping attacks were unsurvivable.
My wife is British a true Manchester girl, and I truly love America. Even despite our political craziness and everything else involved. But I'd leave it COLD if ever my wife and children were being mistreated anywhere close to how Meghan was attacked in the UK.
I would create a new normal somewhere else. I could easily learn to live in Denmark or some other country as long as my family is thriving. Harry is doing what real men do. Defend and nurture his family. A lesser man would prefer the glitz and glamour of being a high profile Prince and would remain in the bubble.
Your last line though a bit hard to reconcile with Harry and his wife actively seeking the glitz through where they chose to live and their current activities. I agree the bad press he would want to avoid for her yet I think much they brought upon themselves and much just part of being a public figure. Wish them the best just annoying their hypocrisy and complaining how hard their life is- there are people with real problems in the world accessing clean water, dealing with civil strife and war, homelessness and so forth, so these two childish weak people would do everyone a favor and grow up.:
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

morpeth: Your last line though a bit hard to reconcile with Harry and his wife actively seeking the glitz through where they chose to live and their current activities. I agree the bad press he would want to avoid for her yet I think much they brought upon themselves and much just part of being a public figure. Wish them the best just annoying their hypocrisy and complaining how hard their life is- there are people with real problems in the world accessing clean water, dealing with civil strife and war, homelessness and so forth, so these two childish weak people would do everyone a favor and grow up.

My thoughts - exactly! So many people have so much to deal with - lost jobs, cannot pay rent/mortgage, having to go to food banks, etc. I have no time for Harry and Meghan and their complaining - so sick of listening to those two - they need to shut up and count their blessings.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 29th 2020 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you just ignore Harry and Meghan? It's easy. They are not prominent. I rarely see an article about them. Why invest so much time, energy, and negative feelings on such an unimportant topic? It's a mystery to me.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
Why don't you just ignore Harry and Meghan? It's easy. They are not prominent. I rarely see an article about them. Why invest so much time, energy, and negative feelings on such an unimportant topic? It's a mystery to me.
I 1000% agree!

I learned as a wee child many moons ago to not input negativity. I instead rather wish everyone well. To hope everyone goes after their dreams and goals. Positive attitudes really do help to accomplish positive achievements. Everyone has power but the question is do they use it to grow or detract.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And who knows, maybe one day Harry will move back to the UK if people stop attacking his wife. Meghan is on record saying those many many constant none stopping attacks were unsurvivable.
Which is exactly the problem most have with her. If she thinks that's 'unsurvivable' then she needs to get a bloody grip and consider just how lucky she is.

I 1000% agree!

I learned as a wee child many moons ago to not input negativity. I instead rather wish everyone well. To hope everyone goes after their dreams and goals. Positive attitudes really do help to accomplish positive achievements. Everyone has power but the question is do they use it to grow or detract.
Top tip: just stop posting on this thread. Nobody else is bumping it up other than you, we'd all rather forget them. People will give you their opinions if you ask for them, if you don't wish for them, then just leave it alone.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 30th 2020 at 8:24 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the most amusing thing is they both are classic advantages of privilege. They did some sort of presentation recently, did not want to do it in their house so rented a house nearby at $400 an hour.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Probably the most amusing thing is they both are classic advantages of privilege. They did some sort of presentation recently, did not want to do it in their house so rented a house nearby at $400 an hour.
Well I expect they don't want less than desirable people using their bogs in their home. Wonder if they are now negotiating a new deal with Netflix as the Beckhams have just got 16 million quid from them.
It is unclear how much Harry and Meghan will be paid, given their lack of producing experience. A Netflix spokeswoman declined to comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/b...n-netflix.html

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/celebri...-netflix-deal/
Old Oct 31st 2020, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Are they still here i thought they'd stepped back,they have only stepped back in to tv or a newspaper or social media which is what i thought they wanted to escape from.What an irritating couple of twatsI wonder where they are now???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.