Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

Old Oct 14th 2020, 3:47 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry & Meghan are ‘stepping back’

$13000 for a ticket to watch and listen to her on virtual summit, anyone?
Old Oct 14th 2020, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
And this is part of the reason why public opinion has changed, they're coming across as so self-absorbed and self-important in a time of crisis. Just yesterday Meghan was saying the online trolling she received was 'almost unsurvivable'? The mind boggles, it really does.
Well said. She plays the ‘victim’ card constantly. She has turned into a professional ‘victim’.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Well said. She plays the ‘victim’ card constantly. She has turned into a professional ‘victim’.
Women eh
Old Oct 14th 2020, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

My beautiful wife tells me that many Brits view bashing the Royals as some form of right or cultural pastime. Very similar to how Americans love talking smack about our politicians. Apparently, Meghan being an outsider will only invite criticism if she does anything resembling different from what other royals have done. And at that point even if she does everything right, she has earned all the attacks Brits have been waiting to launch against her.
As an older wiser person, that just sounds like a waste of good energy. There are real horrible people in the world that deserve harsh criticism. Trump's horrible behavior is the reason why my wife and I and our oldest kids are here in Michigan participating in the get the vote out effort.Trying to protect our democracy is certainly worth the small sacrifice of leaving our home in order to make what ever difference we can.
And let me say Michigan is quite beautiful. And being away from Florida's incompetent handling of the coronavirus is never more obvious when one is in a state that actually is attempting to reduce the virus spread.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 12:22 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
My beautiful wife tells me that many Brits view bashing the Royals as some form of right or cultural pastime. Very similar to how Americans love talking smack about our politicians. Apparently, Meghan being an outsider will only invite criticism if she does anything resembling different from what other royals have done. And at that point even if she does everything right, she has earned all the attacks Brits have been waiting to launch against her.
As an older wiser person, that just sounds like a waste of good energy. There are real horrible people in the world that deserve harsh criticism. Trump's horrible behavior is the reason why my wife and I and our oldest kids are here in Michigan participating in the get the vote out effort.Trying to protect our democracy is certainly worth the small sacrifice of leaving our home in order to make what ever difference we can.
And let me say Michigan is quite beautiful. And being away from Florida's incompetent handling of the coronavirus is never more obvious when one is in a state that actually is attempting to reduce the virus spread.
Here's a worthwhile read..

15 Headlines Show How Differently The British Press Treat Meghan Markle Vs Kate Middleton
Old Oct 15th 2020, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting that link. Not that we didn't already know Meghan has received bias treatment in the UK. At least most Black Brits say that she has. But the material on that link is just a glaring reminder of what Meghan and Harry were up against. Even love couldn't protect them.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:40 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting that link. Not that we didn't already know Meghan has received bias treatment in the UK. At least most Black Brits say that she has. But the material on that link is just a glaring reminder of what Meghan and Harry were up against. Even love couldn't protect them.
That's not to exclude that they could have made some better decisions, but it's not all on them in my opinion.

When Sarah Ferguson married Prince Andrew, she caught a lot of bad press too. Moreso than Prince Charles did over his affair and later marriage to Camilla.

And while we're on Andrew, the allegations have gone quiet, haven't they?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew has done the sensible thing and withdrawn. Meghan however....

On a more positive note you can get her favoured jeans on Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Now paying that much for Jeans?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:38 am
So long...

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Andrew has done the sensible thing and withdrawn. Meghan however....

On a more positive note you can get her favoured jeans on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/FRAME-Womens-...language=en_US

Now paying that much for Jeans?
Andrew should be at least talking with the prosecutors..

$177 seems reasonable.... One of my adult daughters would spend that on a pair trainers every few months if she could...
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post

$177 seems reasonable.... One of my adult daughters would spend that on a pair trainers every few months if she could...
That's a rip off. I bet it only costs a couple of quid to make them in Bangladesh.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

That's not to exclude that they could have made some better decisions, but it's not all on them in my opinion.

When Sarah Ferguson married Prince Andrew, she caught a lot of bad press too. Moreso than Prince Charles did over his affair and later marriage to Camilla.

And while we're on Andrew, the allegations have gone quiet, haven't they?
Without question both Harry & Meghan made their share of mistakes. It was probably inevitable or at the very least difficult not to get a few decisions wrong while taking on a vastly new change of life dynamic, and attempting to figure out how to retain some semblance of normal life. But when you can't go back you just have to move forward and that is what they appear to be doing quite well. I think their new Netflix deal will afford them to be self sustaining but without having to be the subject of their projects. They are essentially Producers and hopefully they will put forward interesting and entertaining stories. The deal they struck is similar to the function which attracted the Obama's to Netflix. Putting together a media company which focuses on interesting relevant and inspiring material. You can tell that Meghan & Harry both made this deal happen. Together they are a powerhouse. Good for them. Harry married well!
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Those same jeans can be found at Nordstrom Rack for 50% off. I like a discount.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:45 am
Banned

Without question both Harry & Meghan made their share of mistakes. It was probably inevitable or at the very least difficult not to get a few decisions wrong while taking on a vastly new change of life dynamic, and attempting to figure out how to retain some semblance of normal life. But when you can't go back you just have to move forward and that is what they appear to be doing quite well. I think their new Netflix deal will afford them to be self sustaining but without having to be the subject of their projects. They are essentially Producers and hopefully they will put forward interesting and entertaining stories. The deal they struck is similar to the function which attracted the Obama's to Netflix. Putting together a media company which focuses on interesting relevant and inspiring material. You can tell that Meghan & Harry both made this deal happen. Together they are a powerhouse. Good for them. Harry married well!
Are we talking about the same John and Yoko Harry and Meghan?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My beautiful wife tells me that many Brits view bashing the Royals as some form of right or cultural pastime.
Yes, that's sort of the point and what we've been trying to tell you - that it's nothing to do with her race. Brits love to bash the royals if their behaviour isn't what most consider acceptable, I guess in part because they are representing our country, and because the taxpayers contribute towards them. The media has always been vile to the royals, frankly Kate got far worse treatment than Meghan ever did from the tabloids, but the difference is she just ignored it instead of whinging about it endlessly when there are actual problems in the world. Now she's viewed positively by them but it took a long time to earn their respect and get those positive headlines. Even Diana was vilified by the press and public at various stages.

Trump's horrible behavior is the reason why my wife and I and our oldest kids are here in Michigan participating in the get the vote out effort.
I think there are similarities between Trump and Meghan though, narcissism and self-absorption are in abundance with both of them. Her comments that I mentioned above about internet trolling being 'almost unsurvivable' when in the midst of a pandemic is very similar to Trump's moaning about the news being about a hurricane in Florida rather than his Nobel prize nomination.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 15th 2020 at 10:16 am.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:29 am
So long...

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Yes, that's sort of the point and what we've been trying to tell you - that it's nothing to do with her race. Brits love to bash the royals if their behaviour isn't what most consider acceptable, I guess in part because they are representing our country, and because the taxpayers contribute towards them. The media has always been vile to the royals, frankly Kate got far worse treatment than Meghan ever did from the tabloids, but the difference is she just ignored it instead of whinging about it endlessly when there are actual problems in the world. Now she's viewed positively by them but it took a long time to earn their respect and get those positive headlines. Even Diana was vilified by the press and public at various stages.
Brit media likes to bash women who marry into the royal family, and who do what those media hacks think they should be doing..... Especially as many of the brides had decent careers, and weren't likely to be willing to become pretty decorations....

Harry and Meghan have made their choices, and whatever they do (or don't do), Meghan will be criticised for it. That's not criticising the royals, that's just having it in for her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.