Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Getting Brexit done

Getting Brexit done

Old Dec 22nd 2019, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Brexit done

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
If you take a look at the BBC site it says Poland may have to leave the EU, the warning coming from Poland's Supreme court.

The Daily Express article says Brussels Fury, Poland could be kicked out of the EU.

Can you honestly not see the difference in the way it's reported?

I can.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 10:44 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

FURY and OUTRAGE in Poland: After the EU kicks Britain out, Poland is next!

express.co.uk/politics/the B word/secret EU conspiracies/ bloody foreigners/take back control/EU kicks britain out/poland is next/
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
FURY and OUTRAGE in Poland: After the EU kicks Britain out, Poland is next!

express.co.uk/politics/the B word/secret EU conspiracies/ bloody foreigners/take back control/EU kicks britain out/poland is next/
Wicked EU.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 12:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
I can.
Not sure why you asked then if you can see the BBC version is very different to what was in the Express.

Old Dec 22nd 2019, 12:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Won't somebody think of the children?
Home Office ‘ignoring offers to give homes to child refugees’
Boris Johnson’s government is defying its obligations to offer sanctuary to vulnerable minors...Boris Johnson’s government is defying its obligations to offer sanctuary to vulnerable minors. Councils across the UK have volunteered to take hundreds of unaccompanied children from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. However, numbers of arrivals are said to be “pitifully low to nonexistent”.

Johnson told parliament on Thursday he was reducing legal protections for refugee children in his new Brexit bill (which) jettisons a commitment in EU regulations that secures safeguards for asylum-seeking minors in Europe who want to reunite with family in the UK.
A Home Office spokesperson said: “Protecting vulnerable children will remain our priority after Brexit and this new clause reaffirms our commitment while clarifying the role of parliament and government in negotiations.”
So Boris says the bill reduces legal protection for refugee children and the Home Office says it reaffirms a committent to protecting vulnerable children. Just not the refugee ones presumably.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not sure why you asked then if you can see the BBC version is very different to what was in the Express.
Others didn't see the difference in the links it seems.
Had the impression you couldn't see it.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 12:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
Others didn't see the difference in the links it seems.
Had the impression you couldn't see it.
One of us - or both of us - is misunderstanding the other I think.

In my first comment on this particular topic, I looked at both sources and then highlighted the differences.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

One of us - or both of us - is misunderstanding the other I think.

In my first comment on this particular topic, I looked at both sources and then highlighted the differences.

Misunderstanding as I had overlooked your post. the end we both meant the same.
Merry Xmas.
Old Dec 24th 2019, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to all...

BUT..... For those who think its all a 'done deal' and are happily munching on their Xmas Turkey,looking forward to the 'Sunlit Uplands'

Heres a few cold ,hard, facts, That cannot be ignore. The truth about the future

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...share_btn_link

The last paragraph implores the government to 'fight' any decision by the Treasury to take the easy route they traditionally have . and to instead , direct funding to the Midlands and the North if there is to be any hope of improving productivity in the UK. As this 'plea' has gone unanswered for years,I doubt very much whether the 'fat cats' of the South will listen.. Fiddling while Rome burns' comes to mind .Or too little ,too late .
Old Dec 26th 2019, 4:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

From Frans Timmermans, Deputy Commission President:

“I know you now. And I love you. For who you are and what you gave me. I’m like an old lover. I know your strengths and your weaknesses. I know you can be generous but also miserly. I know you believe yourself to be unique and different. And of course you are in many ways, but perhaps less than you think....You will never stop referring to the rest of us as ‘the continent’...it helps you to create a distance you think you need. But it also prevents you from seeing that in fact we all need a bit of distance between us. All European nations are unique.”
SNIP

Timmermans concludes, however, that the UK “will always be welcome to come back”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ays-timmermans

Quite well put, I thought.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 26th 2019 at 4:33 pm. Reason: Copyright infringement
Old Dec 26th 2019, 5:22 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
From Frans Timmermans, Deputy Commission President:

“I know you now. And I love you. For who you are and what you gave me. I’m like an old lover. I know your strengths and your weaknesses. I know you can be generous but also miserly. I know you believe yourself to be unique and different. And of course you are in many ways, but perhaps less than you think....You will never stop referring to the rest of us as ‘the continent’...it helps you to create a distance you think you need. But it also prevents you from seeing that in fact we all need a bit of distance between us. All European nations are unique.”
SNIP

Timmermans concludes, however, that the UK “will always be welcome to come back”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ays-timmermans

Quite well put, I thought.
Quite, eloquent and relevant - but, sadly, wasted.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 12:47 am
Oscar nominated

From the dark side
No 10 squares up to EU chief Ursula von der Leyen
Downing Street squared off against the EU tonight, insisting it would not extend trade talks past the end of this year despite Brussels' top bureaucrat saying a deal was 'impossible' by December
Old Jan 9th 2020, 2:22 am
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

And Boris's (and the Tories) response when it's closer to December will be that it's the EU's fault that a deal couldn't be made.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 2:44 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no more shots to give about brexit, but this made me chuckle
Old Jan 14th 2020, 2:15 pm
Oscar nominated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.