Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

George Floyd

George Floyd

Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Floyd

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
"trained marxists" again?........ skilled at jumping through hoops, presumably.

Trump was photographed "looking very pally" with the Clintons previously ..... and said of Putin "Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job in rebuilding the image of Russia and also rebuilding Russia period" .............. so maybe he's a mole too? Just sayin'.......

Thatcher was photographed "looking very pally" with Mikhail Gorbachev. Also with Augusto Pinochet. What does that make her I wonder?
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Thatcher was photographed "looking very pally" with Mikhail Gorbachev. Also with Augusto Pinochet. What does that make her I wonder?
A PM meeting leaders of other countries. Some you would like to meet, some you have to meet and some you would prefer not to meet and those who might refuse to meet you i.e PM Thatcher.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 8:44 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Can I pay for it in Marks?
Yeah, remember to use your Sparks Card!
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 11:25 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
A PM meeting leaders of other countries. Some you would like to meet, some you have to meet and some you would prefer not to meet and those who might refuse to meet you i.e PM Thatcher.
I was thinking the same. If you're a PM or head of state, you don't really get to be picky about who you meet with. People like Thatcher being photographed "looking very pally" with Mikhail Gorbachev did not hamper the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and if anything it helped it along. One wonders what was being helped along when the BLM founder met with Maduro, and who exactly was doing the helping along.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 12:09 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The fundamentals are sound? The things you mention just scratch the surface.... it is a fundamentally corrupt, uncaring, selfish system based on the exploitation of the weak for the benefit of the powerful.
So you're happy for it to all be ripped up and to start again? Would you be happy for BLM and it's allies to be at the forefront of shaping the USSRA?

As I expected, you choose to paint all countries as being worse off for their experiments with an alternate system (even though it was not the "Marxism" you so easily use as a catch-all). Perhaps you would like to explain to the serfs in Russia, who were basically slaves to the landowners, how they would have been better off without change...., Likewise China or most of east Asia. I don't support the systems in any of those countries, but they are certainly no worse than those that they replaced..... point to a time in those countries existence when a fundamentally fair system existed..... It's easy to sneer when you don't have to live in sh*t.
No worse than those that they replaced? Perhaps you would like to explain the deaths and suffering of of all those listed here (and I suspect the true figures are very much higher): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_k...munist_regimes. All that to justify a move away from serfdom? Sounds more like out of the frying pan and into the fire with most of those regimes. In China, Cambodia, North Korea, etc it didn't have to end in mass killings and genocide. The Chinese are a peace loving, hard working and law abiding people no worse than us Westerners. Proof of this can be found in places like Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. What we see in the Chinese mainland is a people traumatised by 70 years of communism. And away from all the shiny new Chinese cities is genocide, slavery, organ harvesting and a surveillance society where everyone is too fearful to take a step out of line. Try organising BLM style demonstrations, not to mention looting, lawlessness and pulling down statues and see what happens to you! That is what the far left ideologies including Marxism have to offer. Now that is living in sh*t. All countries run by the far left end up in tears. Everywhere. And you know it.

Old Jun 22nd 2020, 1:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Marxists, at it again, stirring up discord.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53128169

Other Marxists leaving their garbage in peoples' garages.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53132933

Oh, wait...

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 22nd 2020 at 2:26 pm. Reason: Fixing link - thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:10 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
So you're happy for it to all be ripped up and to start again? Would you be happy for BLM and it's allies to be at the forefront of shaping the USSRA?

No worse than those that they replaced? Perhaps you would like to explain the deaths and suffering of of all those listed here (and I suspect the true figures are very much higher): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_k...munist_regimes. All that to justify a move away from serfdom? Sounds more like out of the frying pan and into the fire with most of those regimes. In China, Cambodia, North Korea, etc it didn't have to end in mass killings and genocide. The Chinese are a peace loving, hard working and law abiding people no worse than us Westerners. Proof of this can be found in places like Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. What we see in the Chinese mainland is a people traumatised by 70 years of communism. And away from all the shiny new Chinese cities is genocide, slavery, organ harvesting and a surveillance society where everyone is too fearful to take a step out of line. Try organising BLM style demonstrations, not to mention looting, lawlessness and pulling down statues and see what happens to you! That is what the far left ideologies including Marxism have to offer. Now that is living in sh*t. All countries run by the far left end up in tears. Everywhere. And you know it.
You are selective at best..... and I note that Marxism has now been included in a group of "far left ideologies"... e.g. "anything I don't like".

I might suggest you look at the record of any dictatorships, left or right, before you become so selective.

Just ranting "everthing bad is bad" doesn't really advance your opinion.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:21 pm
Banned

You are selective at best..... and I note that Marxism has now been included in a group of "far left ideologies"... e.g. "anything I don't like".

I might suggest you look at the record of any dictatorships, left or right, before you become so selective.

No ranting and no sneering from me. I just reject identity politics and the cultural Marxists who are doing their damnedest to force their ideology and agenda on us. And you're an intelligent bloke - you should also be rejecting it.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:21 pm

"Anything I don't like" gets labeled as Marxist (or "far left" or "liberal" ((at the same time)). And anything "bad" or "that I don't like" is by definition somehow caused or exacerbated by these same Marxist liberals. This viewpoint is "proven" again and again by posting garbage of the highest order from sites that are largely either lunatic or far right or alt right or fantasist or some combination of them all.

"Unconvincing" is the term that comes to mind. Along with a few others.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:23 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

No ranting and no sneering from me. I just reject identity politics and the cultural Marxists who are doing their damnedest to force their ideology and agenda on us. And you're an intelligent bloke - you should also be rejecting it.
I reject obvious garbage, whichever "side" it comes from - and I reject throwing labels about. You should try it.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:25 pm
Banned

"Anything I don't like" gets labeled as Marxist (or "far left" or "liberal" ((at the same time)). And anything "bad" or "that I don't like" is by definition somehow caused or exacerbated by these same Marxist liberals. This viewpoint is "proven" again and again by posting garbage of the highest order from sites that are largely either lunatic or far right or alt right or fantasist or some combination of them all.

"Unconvincing" is the term that comes to mind. Along with a few others.
Okay then, show me a successful far left / Marxist / communist run country. You can't can you.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:30 pm

Okay then, show me a successful far left / Marxist / communist run country. You can't can you.
You are the one obsessing about Marxists.Nobody else brings them up at all. That's your bee in your bonnet.

Why don't you show us, of the long list of things that you don't like, what Marx has to do with any of it. You can't even tell us what "Marxism" is. You are constantly babbling on about Marxist conspiracies and tool kits and laughably calling people such as the US Democrat party "Marxist and "far left" with zero substantiation for any of it. All that's at work are your fears, personal dislikes, an overheated imagination, naivete, and marked alt right inclinations to put it kindly.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:45 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You are the one obsessing about Marxists.Nobody else brings them up at all. That's your bee in your bonnet.

Why don't you show us, of the long list of things that you don't like, what Marx has to do with any of it. You can't even tell us what "Marxism" is. You are constantly babbling on about Marxist conspiracies and tool kits and laughably calling people such as the US Democrat party "Marxist and "far left" with zero substantiation for any of it. All that's at work are your fears, personal dislikes, an overheated imagination, naivete, and marked alt right inclinations to put it kindly.
I wonder if he realises how anti-Semitic all that stuff he immerses himself in is?
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:45 pm
Banned

The point is the founders of BLM are trained Marxist activists and they are closely allied with other Marxist organisations. If you look at the BLM website it's riddled with Cultural Marxist goals. I find it appalling that these people are using cases like the shocking murder of George Floyd to further their political aims. I'm calling it out for what it is.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:48 pm
Resident Cynic

The point is the founders of BLM are trained Marxist activists and they are closely allied with other Marxist organisations. If you look at the BLM website it's riddled with Cultural Marxist goals. I find it appalling that these people are using cases like the shocking murder of George Floyd to further their political aims. I'm calling it out for what it is.
No, you're just demonizing it as a way to suggest that the complaints aren't valid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.