Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Friday night at 11-30

Friday night at 11-30

Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Friday night at 11-30

Time to celebrate.

Friday night I will be celebrating, with friends, the leaving of the E.U. Ironically we will be starting with a typical Basque meal in a typical Basque restaurant deep in French Basque country, The village of AInhoa; to be precise.

That I live in the Basque country is perhaps why I think it ironic that I will be celebrating leaving the E.U. not that the French Basques are particularly militant in that respect.

I shall be further helping the French economy by opening a bottle or two of Bordeaux’s finest and raising a glass to Boris Johnson for getting us out. Always assuming I will be still sober enough ; come 11.30 pm; I might even be able to give a roaring rendition of Rule Britannia!!

Anyway, I invite anyone with likewise feelings to also raise a glass with me, if not in person than in spirit, to the success of Britain in once again showing that democracy does exist and that the majority who voted to leave have, at last, gained their just victory.
Cheers!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:43 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday night at 11-30

I'll send flowers and a condolences card to the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I will be tucked up in bed oblivious ready to start another day in Spain.Bye Bye UK never mind
Old Jan 27th 2020, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

What a sad post... Enjoy it all while you can KJMW.. Isn't there a tiny part of you that thinks it's a tad ironic that you are living in a country that is part of the EU? Don't you think you should in fact be packing your bags ... going back to the country you support,,and helping them through the really tough times ahead of them. Or doesn't that bit of 'Leaving the EU' actually appeal to you.?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 9:45 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but he's "helping" the French economy by buying a bottle of Bordeaux (as if England is the reason it even exists).

And as manch says, the EU is going to suffer so badly after losing access to the world's biggest market, so he's certainly doing his civil part in supporting Europeans since they'll no longer have those gravy high paying English fruit picking jobs. But Europeans will just have to fend for themselves now. Sorry about that.

Fog, channel, continent, virtue.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​​

You managed to catch some whoppers with this thread!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
What a sad post... Enjoy it all while you can KJMW.. Isn't there a tiny part of you that thinks it's a tad ironic that you are living in a country that is part of the EU? Don't you think you should in fact be packing your bags ... going back to the country you support,,and helping them through the really tough times ahead of them. Or doesn't that bit of 'Leaving the EU' actually appeal to you.?
In answer to your question, no not one tiny part thinks it ironic. The point you miss is that I am quite prepared , and always have been, to accept the rules and regulations of a foreign country. I do support my country, don't you? As for the 'tough times ahead' If you can predict the future; how about the winner at the next Grand National?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​

You managed to catch some whoppers with this thread!
Easier than the fishing rights Macron is going to get!!!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:39 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be celebrating leaving the UK back in 2014 & continuing to live in the EU.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
I shall be celebrating leaving the UK back in 2014 & continuing to live in the EU.
How long will Hungary (and Poland) stay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47622921

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ary-eu-funding

Won't be celebrating----it would be disagreeable to those with reasonable concerns over 'Leaving'.---- -it's just leaving a particular 'association', trade, migration both ways will still continue.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 11:32 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
How long will Hungary (and Poland) stay?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47622921

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ary-eu-funding

Won't be celebrating----it would be disagreeable to those with reasonable concerns over 'Leaving'.---- -it's just leaving a particular 'association', trade, migration both ways will still continue.
You have frequently criticised people like me for quoting press reports about India - on the basis that we don't live there or have thousands of relatives there, and therefore only you know what is true. Suggest you apply the same rule to yourself regarding other European Countries.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 11:47 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was Saturday night that was alright for fighting, rather than Friday?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/27/brexit-eu-sombre-as-uk-prepares-to-end-47-years-of-membership

"British flags in the EU institutions will be taken down by maintenance workers, out of office hours, with no cameras to record the moment."

It makes it sound like removing the trash...

I did consider hopping over to film the event (a two and a half hour drive each way).
Old Jan 27th 2020, 11:56 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/27/brexit-eu-sombre-as-uk-prepares-to-end-47-years-of-membership

"British flags in the EU institutions will be taken down by maintenance workers, out of office hours, with no cameras to record the moment."

I did consider hopping over to film the event (a two and a half hour drive each way).

I'm sure we could come up with some creative things to project onto the walls of No.10, or indeed anywhere
Old Jan 27th 2020, 12:00 pm
Dedicated European

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post

Which of course it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.