Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Flu Shots (Moved from Coronovirus thread)

Flu Shots (Moved from Coronovirus thread)

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flu Shots (Moved from Coronovirus thread)

The pharmacies in the area hope to have flu shots next week available for use, but seems like it might be harder this year since its not walk in and requires appointments this year.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 9:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Had mine yesterday, nurse from the surgery came to the building and went door to door of those using that surgery, which must be 95%+, wearing full PPE, went to door, sleeve rolled up, answered the standard thre question about allergies, injextion done, she moved onto the next 'patient'.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 3:34 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours on Wednesday. As we are now officially oldies we get a stronger dose.

We had the pneumonia schedule explained to us and JG is correct. There are 2 shots and one is given at 65 and the other the following year. M had his first one late October last year so he will have the second one later this month and at that time I will get my first one.

The pharmacist suggested waiting and not having them the same time as the flu shot because if either of us had a bad reaction it would be hard to know which injection had caused it. Especially as this flu shot was stronger!

And yes, it didn't hurt at the time but I have a swollen red arm since yesterday.
It is pay back for all the flu shots I administered!!
Old Oct 9th 2020, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

We were all informed yesterday that the flu jabs are available now and you will be told what category you are in and when to go for the jab.We were all told not to turn up at the doctors to inquire or to ask for the flu jab.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 2:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Appointment at pharmacy on Tuesday for it.

I don't see how it can be done at the doc's office, where we usually go for it, with distancing followed. Waiting area too small, narrow corridor to rooms, main corridor too narrow to line up in, problems with small elevator etc and that's without taking into account other doctors' offices sharing the main corridor.

It's normally free for us at the doctor but in an effort to increase take up in covid times it's free for all so it makes no difference at the pharmacy this time.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 2:43 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I've not had a flu shot for several years since stopping work, it used to be a freebie offered by my employer, was done on-site by the company doctor.

This year OH has been 'reminding me' for several weeks, and so a different process: obtain prescription from Doc, take that to pharmacy, pharmacy makes contact when shot is available, go collect shot, make appointment with Doc to administer.

I was chez Doc yesterday for a general roadworthiness test, then trundled off to the pharmacy with prescriptions for flu shot, oil change etc, pharmacist said "oh, the flu shots came in yesterday, here you go, best keep it in the 'fridge for three weeks or so, then go see Doc."
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I've not had a flu shot for several years since stopping work, it used to be a freebie offered by my employer, was done on-site by the company doctor.

This year OH has been 'reminding me' for several weeks, and so a different process: obtain prescription from Doc, take that to pharmacy, pharmacy makes contact when shot is available, go collect shot, make appointment with Doc to administer.

I was chez Doc yesterday for a general roadworthiness test, then trundled off to the pharmacy with prescriptions for flu shot, oil change etc, pharmacist said "oh, the flu shots came in yesterday, here you go, best keep it in the 'fridge for three weeks or so, then go see Doc."
It's a bit of a faff, but make sure you get that flu vaccine BB. We can't afford to lose one of our premier members!

I went with scouse when he got his at the doctor's surgery, he's over 65 so gets one free from stock they keep on hand. Stern nurse looks at me and asks if I've had my shot yet. "No" I squeaked (she was scary!). "Well I'd better give you one too, no charge". Bless her scary socks.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

In the US and Canada over 65’s get a super duper flu shot. Do other countries have the same?
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Stern nurse looks at me and asks if I've had my shot yet. "No" I squeaked (she was scary!). "Well I'd better give you one too, no charge". Bless her scary socks.

It's the hats.

Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's the hats.

Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:39 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
In the US and Canada over 65’s get a super duper flu shot. Do other countries have the same?
Australia does.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 3:46 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - UK.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 4:14 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
It's a bit of a faff, but make sure you get that flu vaccine BB. We can't afford to lose one of our premier members!

I went with scouse when he got his at the doctor's surgery, he's over 65 so gets one free from stock they keep on hand. Stern nurse looks at me and asks if I've had my shot yet. "No" I squeaked (she was scary!). "Well I'd better give you one too, no charge". Bless her scary socks.
Cheers m'dear, it's all very local, so not really too much of a faff, except when it's raining cats and dogs.

Obviously this year it's one heck of a faff.

Dunno what others get, but this is what I have currently lurking in my 'fridge.

Looks like 2013 was a humdinger for Thailand.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's the hats.

Is that Nurse Ratched?
Old Oct 9th 2020, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife got hers on Monday, they are starting to finally show up at pharmacies slowly this week and into next week.

Demand is high this year and pharmacies are already running out before other pharmacies even receive any, not being able to do walk in's is also complicating things.

I am on the wait list at a couple pharmacies for appointments for it.

Old Oct 9th 2020, 6:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
My wife got hers on Monday, they are starting to finally show up at pharmacies slowly this week and into next week.

Demand is high this year and pharmacies are already running out before other pharmacies even receive any, not being able to do walk in's is also complicating things.

I am on the wait list at a couple pharmacies for appointments for it.
Do you and L have to pay for it, or is it free for people on disability income support?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.