Equality!

Old Feb 14th 2020, 2:17 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equality!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You need a safe word.
My safe word is peer review.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 8:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
And I thought it was only Poms who whinged!!!
Once again you miss the obvious joke. I am going to assume you are neural divergent as it's a pattern I am observing. I saw no intent to have a go at you, just the humour of you commentimg on your own post.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 6:57 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I regularly suggest female hires, it makes lots of sense for the increase in diversity of thought - that's what true diversity is in my eyes - that and having more fit birds to ogle (never hire the ugly ones, nightmare)
Old Feb 16th 2020, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
The only time I was ever asked to be sexist in hiring was by the head of HR (female) to choose a female candidate for head of health and safety over a male candidate, regardless of capability.

I would say that I find it shocking how some here excuse that sort of bigotry, but having seen their posts for a few years one realises that they don't want equality (or indeed democracy), they just want the scales tipped to their tribe's side.
Anti-male sexism is equally as unacceptable as anti-female sexism, I don't know how anyone who claims to be fair minded can justify advantaging one group of people over another today, this generation, on the grounds that yesterday it was the other way around for the last generation. It's well known that two wrongs don't make a right, but no matter, the modern-day bigots think that replicating yesterday's bigots is fine. They do it with every other identity group, and then they wonder why the majority of people are rejecting their ideology.

I don't get affected by sexism - mostly because I have a very in-demand and respected skill set, and don't need to be managed (because I manage myself) nor be a manager (and I don't want to be one), Likewise, my sons are embarking on professions where they are highly skilled and trained and its unlikely to affect them. I do feel sorry though for those young men who irrespective of how much effort they put in they are being discriminated against just because of what dangles between their legs. Sure, there's plenty of very competent women taking the promotions but its not the level and fair playing field that it should be.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
When I was younger, maybe 22/23, not long before I moved to Canada, my employer at the time a major retailer, was pretty brazen, they flat out told me I wasn't diverse enough, everyone above entry level was either female, or a minority. I left shortly after as it was clear I was wasting my time there.

Now I click the I have a disability box, doesn't do anything but hey I am considered to have a mental health disability by the province, so I am telling the truth.
Unfortunately your white skin and sex get trumped. Disability is way down the rankings compared with those.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Unfortunately your white skin and sex get trumped.
Paulry lets his guard down.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Paulry lets his guard down.
It another theme from the trash alt right - white men are a persecuted and oppressed group. "Great replacement" is out to get them. There was more about it on the link he posted with the racist and anti-semitic memes. It's as idiotic as it is unpleasant.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I regularly suggest female hires, it makes lots of sense for the increase in diversity of thought - that's what true diversity is in my eyes - that and having more fit birds to ogle (never hire the ugly ones, nightmare)

"Admiral Roebuck: With all due respect, M, sometimes I don't think you have the balls for this job.
M: Perhaps. But the advantage is, I don't have to think with them all the time."

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Feb 16th 2020 at 1:36 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

"Admiral Roebuck: With all due respect, M, sometimes I don't think you have the balls for this job.
M: Perhaps. But the advantage is, I don't have to think with them all the time."
Years ago son complained about his boss's choice of newly appointed female secretary----"some old bag, over 4O". Now he himself is over 40 I haven't noticed similar remarks!
Old Feb 16th 2020, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Years ago son complained about his boss's choice of newly appointed female secretary----"some old bag, over 4O". Now he himself is over 40 I haven't noticed similar remarks!
I was half expecting after the some old bag over 40 that his mother walked into the room and sat in the secretary's chair.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:23 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It another theme from the trash alt right - white men are a persecuted and oppressed group. "Great replacement" is out to get them. There was more about it on the link he posted with the racist and anti-semitic memes. It's as idiotic as it is unpleasant.
And apparently we are the snowflakes.

Edit: Though that last post from Paulry did give me some sympathy for him. I don't know what leads people down different paths, but seeing that lack of confidence in his gender, that sense of powerlessness, and fear, no matter how misplaced, and the sense of urgency that one senses from Paulry, it's both sad and scary.

Last edited by kimilseung; Feb 16th 2020 at 4:32 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
And apparently we are the snowflakes.

Edit: Though that last post from Paulry did give me some sympathy for him. I don't know what leads people down different paths, but seeing that lack of confidence in his gender, that sense of powerlessness, and fear, no matter how misplaced, and the sense of urgency that one senses from Paulry, it's both sad and scary.

And in this sense only people like him are victims - the weak manipulated through their fears to see huge segments of their fellow human beings as "other" (sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, lack of religion, national origin, etc etc). In this way they can at least feel better than someone, while in their fear they band together in the ways they are told to band together by interests larger than theirs. It's the oldest trick in the book. It works.

However, if you wallow in and promote bigoted and ignorant filth - even if you claim it isn't or that you aren't responsible for the material you provide - then zero sympathy. They shall not pass.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Very smart black male detective, very smart female white/black detective with physical agility and strength far beyond the gender norm and mediocre often aging white male detective. No Hollywood TV police series can leave home without it.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 5:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
Very smart black male detective, very smart female white/black detective with physical agility and strength far beyond the gender norm and mediocre often aging white male detective. No Hollywood TV police series can leave home without it.
Maybe you should spend less time watching TV. There is life beyond popular culture, you know.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Maybe you should spend less time watching TV. There is life beyond popular culture, you know.

Popular culture is becoming very much the way of the future.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Assuming "M" was a real MI6 appointment I would have thought that the position would have been filled by someone with an actual background of field experience. Also if I recall in one 007 movie white male James Bond actually saved her life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.