Equality!

Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Equality!

Reading that Angela Leadsom wants more women in the cabinet makes me wonder if equality is something she really wants or is simply fighting her corner for women i.e. gender! Shouldn't it be 'the best for the job'? She maybe doesn't want real equality as that would mean women being excluded because they are unsuitable for the job, i. e. the military, Police or Fire Service for example where physical attributes are more important. Her idea of equality ie simply an equal number of women and men in a particular organisation, i.e. gender equality regardless of quality or suitability for the job.

There are positions where women are far more suitable than men but this is never an issue but It is always an issue where there are more men than women! I doubt she wants equality based on suitability rather than equality based on gender and that is, in my view, totally unacceptable.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Equality!

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
She maybe doesn't want real equality as that would mean women being excluded because they are unsuitable for the job, i. e. the military, Police or Fire Service for example where physical attributes are more important.

Don't know about where you live, but women in Australia serve in the military (including in combat), as police officers and as firefighters, both career and volunteer.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 3:40 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Do they have cleaning, laundry, ironing, cooking and sex slave positions in the cabinet?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Do they have cleaning, laundry, ironing, cooking and sex slave positions in the cabinet?
Dr. Caligari’s?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 4:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

Don't know about where you live, but women in Australia serve in the military (including in combat), as police officers and as firefighters, both career and volunteer.
As they do in the UK,
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Watchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond reputeWatchpost has a reputation beyond repute

A bit ironic considering that Andrea Leadsom might actually have been the current PM, if she hadn't blurted out that men shouldn't be professional child-carers because they might be paedophiles and that she was better qualified than Theresa May to be PM because she was a mother.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

They do in Europe but the point is do they do it as well?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
As they do in the UK,
Are they as good or efficient?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

They do in Europe but the point is do they do it as well?
You could give the Australian Minister for Defence a call and ask her I guess.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post

Remember reading in the memoirs of Barbara Castle* (my favourite politician)----that it was she who got women's toilets put in the 'Commons'----and Shirley Williams and Margaret Thatcher shared an ironing board !!! Things have moved on since then!!

*The first woman to 'shout' in the EU Parliament!
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Are they as good or efficient?
Almost certainly, more so.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I daren't mention the name of the country with the most women airline pilots!
Years ago on a domestic flight stopover two women in uniform stepped out of the cockpit----I said to OH-- "look we have an all women crew". "Must be the cleaners"--he said. Daughters and self have never let him forget it!!
Old Feb 8th 2020, 6:00 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Remember reading in the memoirs of Barbara Castle* (my favourite politician)----that it was she who got women's toilets put in the 'Commons'----and Shirley Williams and Margaret Thatcher shared an ironing board !!! Things have moved on since then!!

At least we can agree on something, bipat!
Old Feb 8th 2020, 6:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post

Lady MPs each get their own ironing board now?
Old Feb 8th 2020, 6:11 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

She maybe doesn't want real equality as that would mean women being excluded because they are unsuitable for the job, i. e. the military, Police or Fire Service for example where physical attributes are more important.
It does make one wonder what you think those areas of jobs involve. I think I know what you are trying to say, but that would mean you have such a myopic narrow definition of those areas of jobs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.