Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Enter the Wokeness

Enter the Wokeness

Old Jul 19th 2020, 4:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enter the Wokeness

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Some people need to check their privilege, sunset years, a bit ageist?

Somebody has gone to a lot of trouble and time to let such people explain in their own words, I suppose I could do a transcript but it is not a long video.
Somebody is feeling woke this morning.

Somebody is offended in the very thread that promotes pushing back on political correctness? TSK!

I checked the internet but could find nothing saying that 'sunset years' is an ageist term. Could you give me the Woke List of Permitted Words ? That would be fantastic and ever so helpful.

Cognitive decline starts at age 50 (generally speaking) so, of course, I'm including myself in the 'sunset years' group. I'm well past middle age (unless I'm going to live to be over 110 years old, which I have no interest in doing) but now I don't know how to refer to myself without offending the wokeness brigade. Am I permitted to say 'older' or 'old' ? I'm just checking because Trump's NIH refers to us as 'older adults'. I'm frantically clutching my pearls.

So, you're refusing to tell us what's in the video? Quelle surprise.

Trump's NIH also recommends learning something new --- very good for the brains of OLDER ADULTS. Maybe this is a good time for you to learn how to write? Just saying. This is said to help YOU to keep enjoying the activities you love so much. It will be difficult to continue trolling if you're drooling on your keyboard because you've forgotten how to swallow.

From the NIA:

"Be wary of claims that playing certain computer and online games can improve your memory and other types of thinking. Evidence to back up such claims is evolving. NIA and others are supporting research to determine if different types of cognitive training have lasting effects."

The NIA is the National Institute on Aging. Are we still allowed to say 'aging'? Or does that hurt your feelings? Clutching pearls again. Anyhoodles, Trump's NIA says that playing games on the internet might not be helping your brain health. Which actually explains a lot of your posts. Maybe the drooling has already started and you've short-circuited your keyboard? Just spit balling here.

I'm going to explain it to you as if I'm speaking to a five year old (my apologies to five year olds) ...

Watch me. I have posted links below. I have not demanded that people just click the links because they "tell it all". Instead, in my own words, I stated my position and used the links to inform further. However, even if you never click on the links, you still know exactly what my meaning is. Now you try it! You can do it!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...on%2C%201988).
https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/cogni...d-older-adults

https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/cogni...er-adults#mind

Old Jul 19th 2020, 8:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Somebody is feeling woke this morning.
Or triggered.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 11:22 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Why don't YOU tell it all. Tell us what's on the video, using your own words. And then tell us why you think we should watch this video that "tells it all".

Writing is fun. Staves off brain atrophy in the sunset years.
I agree with this really.

Boiler is certainly a thinker in his/her own way but I really do wish he would utilise his brain and mind to openly write posts in his own words and meaning rather than play the hit and run link dump game.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of woke comedy

Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I saw what I thought was a muppet so I gave it a go. After four and a half minutes I was waiting for the comedy to begin.

Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I saw what I thought was a muppet so I gave it a go. After four and a half minutes I was waiting for the comedy to begin.
Ah Bristol Bristol. Will you never learn.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Ah Bristol Bristol. Will you never learn.
Muppets are quite good for learning. Deceived again.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Muppets are quite good for learning. Deceived again.

You gotta put down the duckie

Just trying to improve the quality of the videos on here.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Just trying to improve the quality of the videos on here.
You did that. What a bunch of stars!
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, there are some very concerning stuff going on in schools these days. In the USA it very clearly explains the chaos they've been suffering this last couple of months or so. No wonder the place is so screwed up.

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:43 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Wow, there are some very concerning stuff going on in schools these days. In the USA it very clearly explains the chaos they've been suffering this last couple of months or so. No wonder the place is so screwed up.

https://youtu.be/3vQ8TM1q-HA
Is this another colour blind video post?
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Is this another colour blind video post?
Yes. Why do you ask?
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:57 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Why do you ask?
precedent
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:26 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

https://youtu.be/3vQ8TM1q-HA
What kind of stuff are these two talking about?

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
What kind of stuff are these two talking about?

I got this far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.