Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Enter the Wokeness

Enter the Wokeness

Old Jun 11th 2021, 5:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enter the Wokeness

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Photos of money were good enough for the Goons.
Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Seagoon:
But if you're President Fred, there's a gas bill here which now stands at four pounds!

Bloodnok:
Oh! Right, I'll pay you. Here's a photograph of a four pound note.

---

Grytpype:
Right. Here's a photograph of two shillings.

Seagoon:
Thank you. And here's a photograph of sixpence - change.

---

etc

Brilliant stuff.

Ah, right.

Of course paper money is really only photographs (drawings) of money anyway. "I promise to pay the bearer on demand, etc)
Old Jun 11th 2021, 6:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
Wow, you are angry with me!
Wow! Did I sound angry? Much of that was your exact verbiage regurgitated ... so erm, who's angry?

I do not find anything politically correct.
INcorrect. Politically INcorrect. Do try to keep up, boy.

Just where did you get that idea? I just do not know what gays shoving 'it' down my throat whilst showing off their wedding rings has to do with taking the knee at a football match. Perhaps you, too, could explain that?
Some people are into that kind of thing. I don't judge.

Okay, how about some of that good old fashioned straight talking you're on about.

Maybe blokes who post such stuff on the internet possibly do it because it is the only way they can get a hard on. Maybe they hold on to 'it' whilst they type the post.

Possibly. I wouldn't know. I leave that to others.

Maybe I will get a ban with this post. If so I will say goodbye now. I've had my say.
A splash of projection mixed with a dash of confession? Everybody has their kink, you know. You're not special.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 6:52 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Ah, right.
Of course paper money is really only photographs (drawings) of money anyway. "I promise to pay the bearer on demand, etc)
Bartering, well I understand that and it makes sense.
Money... it's an enormous con trick really isn't it.
It's an entirely different concept that when you think about it is a mass delusion that's convinced us all that little pieces of metal and printed paper can be exchanged for actual valuable goods.
And it's gone one further where the very thought of 'money' as it exists, if that's the right word, as records stored miles away on a server deep down out of sight can be used instead.
But lunacy upon lunacy, we now have crypto-currencies that spring to life from nowhere and whose value is based solely on the desire of gamblers to collect them and ne'er-do-wells who don't know what to do with the stuff..
All I know is that someone somewhere got very rich thinking this stuff up, all I know is that it wasn't me.

Old Jun 11th 2021, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
Bartering, well I understand that and it makes sense.
Money... it's an enormous con trick really isn't it.
It's an entirely different concept that when you think about it is a mass delusion that's convinced us all that little pieces of metal and printed paper can be exchanged for actual valuable goods.
And it's gone one further where the very thought of 'money' as it exists, if that's the right word, as records stored miles away on a server deep down out of sight can be used instead.
But lunacy upon lunacy, we now have crypto-currencies that spring to life from nowhere and whose value is based solely on the desire of gamblers to collect them and ne'er-do-wells who don't know what to do with the stuff..
All I know is that someone somewhere got very rich thinking this stuff up, all I know is that it wasn't me.
As much as crypto-currency is super-weird, the notion to me that 'Gold' has some special value is not much less weird. Yes, Crypto-currency is willed into being on computers, but gold is literally dug out of the ground. How does digging a raw material out of the ground somehow get translated to a basis for currency? I've truly never really understood that. Apparently, "China, Australia, Russia, and the United States are respectively the largest producers of gold in the world". So why isn't China the richest country in the world ...? Answers on a post-card to ...
Old Jun 12th 2021, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
....And while we are about it do you treat people differently based on their skin colour?
....A simple matter of trying to create equity where equity does not now exist.
Equity hey? So not equality then?
https://www.thoughtco.com/equity-vs-equality-4767021
So you do treat people differently based on the colour of their skin then?
I have a question - what, if anything, would you do to right a wrong?

Do you agree that someone who has stolen something should pay it back, for example?

Or does that depend on what colour the person who has been robbed is?
Yes wrongs should be righted, and I agree that something that has been stolen should be returned to it's rightful owner/s irrespective of any other characteristics. What does colour have to do with this?

I've answered your questions but you have not answered any of mine. Could that be because your answers would be unable to bear the light of scrutiny?
Old Jun 12th 2021, 2:01 am
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes wrongs should be righted, and I agree that something that has been stolen should be returned to it's rightful owner/s irrespective of any other characteristics.
Perfect. ..

Would the last non-Aboriginal leaving Australia please close the door behind them....
Old Jun 12th 2021, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Perfect. ..

Would the last non-Aboriginal leaving Australia please close the door behind them....
So why would that be? And if you're saying non-aboriginals/indigenous peoples must leave the countries that they have settled in, does that apply to all countries of the world? And if not why not?
Old Jun 12th 2021, 5:30 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Yes wrongs should be righted, and I agree that something that has been stolen should be returned to it's rightful owner/s irrespective of any other characteristics.
Like an election, for example?
Old Jun 12th 2021, 6:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect. ..

Fair comment.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Regarding the post of hughandi
(I think all groups of whatever political party, work, race etc.-- have demanded Boris does something about his hair! Similar thoughts expressed in India regarding Modi's ever increasing beard.)
Best thing he can do with his hair is to cut it off, preferably at the neck!
Old Jun 12th 2021, 7:17 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect. ..
Ooohhhh... Now there you've opened a can of worms at the heart of the raison d'etre of sites like this one.

Wherever you live in any post colonial nation, you must have asked yourself at some time "Have I a right to occupy the square meter upon which my shadow falls?" and when you've answered it were you honest with yourself?

You'll know that anyone with the best weapons wins outright. It's as simple as that, and in centuries past, europeans had the best.

Of course it helps if you have a religion that absolves you of the genocide you commit or a belief that anyone with a skin colour unlike yours is of little value, especially when they have something that you want like land or minerals.

But time passes, colonial practices become entrenched, land apportioning becomes set in stone, attitudes change and questions are put like the one you pose but can we answer them without admitting that we, as ex pats, continue to use the same exploitative methods as did those 'settlers' of old.

Most of the time I consider myself an honest 'settler' myself but I'm aware that the real owners of the land I occupy are still being persecuted but unlike the indigenous of old I've little to fear that they'll wipe me from the face of the earth. They are after all proving to be far more civilised that a great many of my colour.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 10:21 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I have not booed it yet but I would because I do not believe I should be subjugated to something that has no value today. Yesterday I would not have booed. All of your comparisons are stupid, as in dumbass stupid. I, as do many fans, think football and its supporters should not be subjected to any movement. It is a social occasion.

To ignore it gives acceptance to other movements to be shown at football matches.
Your Beloved Leader has outed himself as A Woke and has begged England football supporters not to boo players taking the knee.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
Ooohhhh... Now there you've opened a can of worms at the heart of the raison d'etre of sites like this one.

Wherever you live in any post colonial nation, you must have asked yourself at some time "Have I a right to occupy the square meter upon which my shadow falls?" and when you've answered it were you honest with yourself?

You'll know that anyone with the best weapons wins outright. It's as simple as that, and in centuries past, europeans had the best.

Of course it helps if you have a religion that absolves you of the genocide you commit or a belief that anyone with a skin colour unlike yours is of little value, especially when they have something that you want like land or minerals.

But time passes, colonial practices become entrenched, land apportioning becomes set in stone, attitudes change and questions are put like the one you pose but can we answer them without admitting that we, as ex pats, continue to use the same exploitative methods as did those 'settlers' of old.

Most of the time I consider myself an honest 'settler' myself but I'm aware that the real owners of the land I occupy are still being persecuted but unlike the indigenous of old I've little to fear that they'll wipe me from the face of the earth. They are after all proving to be far more civilised that a great many of my colour.

The obvious answer is extensive intermarriage.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes wrongs should be righted, and I agree that something that has been stolen should be returned to it's rightful owner/s irrespective of any other characteristics. What does colour have to do with this?
But the victim of the theft shouldn't point out that something has been stolen, or make a fuss about it?

I've answered your questions but you have not answered any of mine. Could that be because your answers would be unable to bear the light of scrutiny?
I expect so, don't you?
Old Jun 12th 2021, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Court orders Philly police to change quality-of-life enforcement to curb racial disparity

​​​​​​https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20210604.html

Not sure how this will work, so you re in the middle of taking a crap on the pavement, how are you supposed to move on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.