Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Enter the Wokeness

Enter the Wokeness

Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:16 pm
Modern Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enter the Wokeness

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Australia's unofficial anthem, courtesy of the America's Cup win. I remember the then Prime Minister Bob Hawke giving the whole country the day off, and saying that any boss who fired an employee for not turning up was a bum
I did not know that !
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
I did not know that !
BE's a great educator
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:25 pm
Modern Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

BE's a great educator
It is rather. I also didn't get the joke about nation lock.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nor did I, I Googled Combi nation lock and then the penny dropped
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:38 pm
Modern Ape

A ha ! } best Alan Partridge voice ...
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:39 pm
Concierge

A ha ! } best Alan Partridge voice ...
Old Feb 11th 2021, 5:28 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I did not know that !
It apparently took over when Australians were told they weren't allowed to tie kangaroos down anymore....

Too subtle?

That'll do it....
Old Feb 11th 2021, 5:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Australia's unofficial anthem, courtesy of the America's Cup win.
Hey, I remember that. The rest of the world celebrated as if we were all Aussies.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 6:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
It apparently took over when Australians were told they weren't allowed to tie kangaroos down anymore....

I don't live too far from where Harris was born, the community hall named after him was changed too

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Hey, I remember that. The rest of the world celebrated as if we were all Aussies.
I think we were as much surprised as delighted! I was a crew member on one of the Aussie team's practice yachts for a regatta here, best day ever.
Old Feb 12th 2021, 3:26 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 20th 2021, 10:48 pm
Modern Ape

Interesting comment on Bill Maher last night: re-segregation ! Apparently certain woke college students are into racially segregating themselves. What would MLK think.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Columbia University offers segregated graduation.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 12:44 pm
Modern Ape

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Isn't that bizarre and retrograde. I hope such ideas don't get exported to the UK, though with the connected world, who knows.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 1:02 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Once you read past the usual Fox News clickbait headline, it appears quite factual.. Both the article and Twitter thread are woth reading in full.

Columbia University hosting 6 separate graduation ceremonies based on income level, race, ethnicities

Columbia University is planning to hold six additional graduation ceremonies for students according to their race and other aspects of how they identify.

Isn't that bizarre and retrograde. I hope such ideas don't get exported to the UK, though with the connected world, who knows.
I think the way it's been deliberately spun was intended to lead you in that direction. If you actually read what the University wrote, I'd suggest it can be a good thing.

This is also worth a read. It's aimed at Wikipedia by some of it's own contributors, but is definitely applicable to social media and forums such as BE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...il_POV_pushing

And this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 1:12 pm
Modern Ape

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Once you read past the usual Fox News clickbait headline, it appears quite factual.. Both the article and Twitter thread are woth reading in full.

Columbia University hosting 6 separate graduation ceremonies based on income level, race, ethnicities

https://twitter.com/Columbia/status/1371855332088156162
It sounds divisive to me, and that's because it is divisive. The more we put people into different camps, communities, races, the more troubles we will encounter in the future. We're engineering a new caste system. It's unfortunate that the woke crowd are blind to the societal discord they are sowing. We should be promoting humanity over community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.