17.65%
Maybe
0%
No, absolutely not
52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Dogpiling

Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogpiling

Bun, anyone?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:48 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Past is prologue? Figure of speech?

I'm not partial though. There is one female poster on here, who has posted vile and untrue nonsense for years, that I've figuratively punched in the dick. I'm not sure if she's actually trolling -- she may just be stupid. She flopped for the refs just like a male-type troll. Instantly became the victim and accused me of bullying and accused me of hating all women.
Yeah, I knew that

I think I remember the female poster (begins with G?). She was a whole load of fun opportunities in this part of the forum. Not quite so funny having to deal with sorting the wheat from the chaff whilst keeping it all ultra civil (as is my distinct preference) in my forum part of the world, though. I think the facts - and only the facts - should have pride of place over there, so you can imagine the internal conflicts I bravely confronted as I decided whether and how to wade in if I felt things were straying too far into the realms of fantasy, which was generally within the first sentence of her pronouncements.

Fortunately she seems to have desisted, at least for the time being.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:50 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Never miss the opportunity to twist yourself into a pretzel in order to call women bitches. (Not referring to you Eric, obviously)
I apologise if I caused offence. None was intended.
The use of the word bitch was simply the female association to the male dog and I thought it mildly humerous but evidently not so.
I don't ever indulge in abuse of any kind, racial sexual or otherwise and I try never to deliberately cause offence.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:52 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Bun, anyone?
Yes please!!

Can I have one of those finger buns with vile-coloured icing? And a nice cup of tea to wash it down with?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 9:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Yes please!!

Can I have one of those finger buns with vile-coloured icing? And a nice cup of tea to wash it down with?
I think they had hundreds and thousands on top?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j View Post
I apologise if I caused offence. None was intended.
The use of the word bitch was simply the female association to the male dog and I thought it mildly humerous but evidently not so.
I don't ever indulge in abuse of any kind, racial sexual or otherwise and I try never to deliberately cause offence.
I don't get offended.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:24 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Bun, anyone?
Serious question here....

What is the correct term for the bread bit that forms the outer layer of a 'hot dog'?

Bun or bap? or
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:32 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post

What is the correct term for the bread bit that forms the outer layer of a 'hot dog'?

Bun or bap? or
its a roll, I can see an argument that a bun could be hot dog roll shaped, but I have yet to see an elongated bap. A bap is round (or kind of squarish).
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:38 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
its a roll, I can see an argument that a bun could be hot dog roll shaped, but I have yet to see an elongated bap. A bap is round.
Thank you, echoes my thoughts entirely.

I'm still at loggerheads with OH on this thorny matter, she maintains that it's a bap.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:42 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Loo paper... Innie, outie. Serious stuff.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 10:42 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Lesile..hows the weather going for you?
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Bun or bap? or
What does the package say or the self serve bin you get them from and which country are you buying them in? In Canada I have only ever seem them labelled as buns.
According to this website the difference is described as The difference between a bap and a burger bun is subtle and really centers around the traditional use of lard. Note it says burger bun and we are talking about what covers a hot dog which is a completely different shape to a bun or bap.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/280288/what-i..._campaign=clip

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Feb 18th 2021 at 11:14 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:27 pm

Bun or bap? or
its a roll, I can see an argument that a bun could be hot dog roll shaped, but I have yet to see an elongated bap. A bap is round (or kind of squarish).
Thank you, echoes my thoughts entirely.

I'm still at loggerheads with OH on this thorny matter, she maintains that it's a bap.

Given the slang use for the term "bap", the long bread item that goes around a hot dog can't possibly be a bap.

In the US, it's always a bun. I don't think I've ever eaten one in any other country.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Lesile..hows the weather going for you?
It's getting better. I personally never lost electricity but my sister, who lives in a colder and more remote part of Texas, lost power for 3 days. I lost water for a day and a half and am on a "boil water" order now. My internet has been down for the majority of the time since Sunday. There were actually two storms. I got out once (after the first storm) but it was pointless because the grocery stores had absolutely none of the supplies I needed. My office lost electricity for 3 days but nobody could get to work anyway ... I'm going in tomorrow and I just hope I don't find any water damage or flooding.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 11:33 pm

It's getting better. I personally never lost electricity but my sister, who lives in a colder and more remote part of Texas, lost power for 3 days. I lost water for a day and a half and am on a "boil water" order now. My internet has been down for the majority of the time since Sunday. There were actually two storms. I got out once (after the first storm) but it was pointless because the grocery stores had absolutely none of the supplies I needed. My office lost electricity for 3 days but nobody could get to work anyway ... I'm going in tomorrow and I just hope I don't find any water damage or flooding.
So not in Cancun with Cruz then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.